All-Star Game: Monta Ellis?

Legacy

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I Voted No on Both.

now on the whole ''should he be'' no.

if he was an all-star i wouldnt be mad at all, he has the talent to be an all-star.

but hes not really winning games. if hes gonna be an all-star u can argue blake an kevin love should be an all-star.

Kobe, Deron, CP3 and Westbrook are all locks to get in at the G positions in the West. If they include another G, it will be between Ellis, Gordon, Nash, Parker and Ginobili.

I'm too lazy to look up how many roster spots each team has, but the main G's and plethora of great F's will make it hard for a 2nd tier G's on losing teams like Ellis make the cut. He probably deserves it though, he's been tremendous.

He's actually been pretty explosive this year, but in the Western Conference you either have to be great on both sides of the ball and generating wins to be in the discussion.

Bryant, Williams, Paul, Parker, Ginobili, Westbrook, these guys are near locks. If he's battling with another sub-500 guard, how does he match up with Steve Nash. These guards in the Western Conference are crazy good. There's no room for a second-tier player like Ellis.

Monta's putting up all star numbers and making some sick highlight reel plays as well. I voted yes on both, but it's hard for a guard to get into the all-star game in the Western Conf, when there are guys like Kobe, CP3, D-Will, Nash, Westbrook etc.

Monta's averages this year: 25.7 ppg (47% fg), 5.5 apg, 3.3 rpg, 2.3 spg. Those are definitely all-star caliber numbers.

Swish, #24,

12 players make the All-Star Game in each conference. Usually that's five guards, five forwards, and two centers.

Who are your four other guards if Monta Ellis is an All-Star, and who are you leaving out?

Since I know the answer will be the San Antonio guards, let's do a little regressing to 36 minutes.

Parker: 18.7 PPG, 3.5 REB, 7.6 AST, 2.7 TO, 51% FG.

Ginobili: 21.6 PPG, 4.5 REB, 5.3 AST, 2.8 TO, 45% FG

Ellis: 22.6 PPG, 2.9 REB, 4.9 AST, 2.9 TO, 47 % FG

Ellis scores more but gets fewer boards, fewer assists, turns it over more, shoots better than Ginobili but worse than Parker, plays worse defense than both of them, and is on a team that's 17.5 games worse than San Antonio's.

So now the Spurs guards have to be in. Again who are you leaving out? Kobe? Deron Williams? Chris Paul? Russell Westbrook? Steve Nash?

If you're just looking at scoring to neutralize the Spurs guards vs. Parker, fine, Kevin Martin is putting up 26.6 PPG per 36 minutes. If Ellis gets in, Martin should get in ahead of him. Also keep in mind the boost in pace Golden State and Houston play at compared to San Antonio.

Edited by Erick Blasco