Aaron Rodgers blows off cancer survivor

reno

Definitely a dick move on his part, he knew she was a cancer patient and the players were told she was waiting, no reason as to why he didn't stop. But I definitely give some credit to Clay, what a great guy.

But this helps his image, at least he held a charity event for cancer patients last month.

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2010/12/3/1854062/save-me-a-spot

This reminds me of when the Redskins organization gave my uncle field passes during training camp over the summer. At the time he had cancer, and almost everyone on the team came up to him and his family, gave him a football and jersey, and signed it. I have a ton of respect for the organization now, they truly made him feel happy. He's been a huge Skins fan for nearly 30 years, and this really lifted his spirits as well as his whole family. It's things like this that make a huge difference in one's life whether you believe it or not, something as small as getting an autograph can make someone feel much better about themselves and their life.

What a [expletive]ing [expletive]. I was never much of a Rodgers fan in the first place, but this certainly puts him amongst the most hated. I personally have a special place in my heart for cancer patients since I've lost a couple close family members to cancer.

As for Clay, the dude is truly a badass, on and off the field. He's slowly turning into one of my favorite players.

I love Clay Matthews!

btw, I'm hoping that ARod just didn't notice with his headphones on. If he truly did it on purpose, I have lost a lot of respect for him. I hope he makes it up to her and invites her to the game this weekend.

• Like 1

I love Clay Matthews!

btw, I'm hoping that ARod just didn't notice with his headphones on. If he truly did it on purpose, I have lost a lot of respect for him. I hope he makes it up to her and invites her to the game this weekend.

Headphones don't cause a loss of eyesight and he was informed she would be waiting.

Headphones don't cause a loss of eyesight and he was informed she would be waiting.

he was engaged in a conversation with someone else and ignored all of the fans, not just her. I'm not saying what he did was right by any means, but it is possible that he really didn't notice what was going on. Clay Matthews didn't have headphones in and was not talking to anyone, so he noticed. Like I've stated, I hope he does something for her.

Sad, makes me dislike Rodgers more, makes me dislike Matthews a bit less, damnit, why couldn't Matthew blow her off so I could hate his guts, now I have mixed feelings on him :(

btw Rodgers was nice to this My Wish patient though http://search.espn.go.com/aaron-rodgers/videos/****/6-88

Edited by fish7718

I've heard, pretty reliably, that Rodgers spoke with and signed an autograph for that woman last week before the Philly game.

http://twitter.com/#!/Aaron_Nagler/status/26793009936867328

Rodgers has also assisted this non profit childhood cancer organization:

http://www.maccfund.org/News/EventNewsListing/251/

Make of it what you will

This wasn't a dick move at all. He has his headphones on and is walking off the plane. He wasn't completely aware that she was there and the situation.

Talk about trying to develop hate for no reason. :lol: .

I tend to agree with this. We don't know the entire story, we just saw that 5 second clip. If he realized the situation and processed it in his head and still decided to just walk right by, then it's a dick move. But we don't know if that's what happened. So lets not crucify him yet. Oh wait, that's already happened. Media FTL.

• Like 1

No athlete of his stature would ever do something like that on purpose, there's just no way. He knows what he means to his fans, let alone dying ones. I'm sure this is just taken out of context, like others have said.

Clay Matthews said the stewardess on the

plane was talking all about her and her

situation, and told them all she would be

waiting there because she ran to the airport

after her radiation treatment. But I guess he wasn't listening well enough to

hear about all of that, or maybe see her there

after they all got off the plane, or even

acknowledge any of the fans that were there to

see and greet them there. Meanwhile, other

players were smiling and stopping to give autographs, but that's ok, let's all give A-Rod a

pass.

This wasn't a dick move at all. He has his headphones on and is walking off the plane. He wasn't completely aware that she was there and the situation.

Talk about trying to develop hate for no reason. :lol: .

Completely agree.

Come on guys stop trying to make a good guy look bad.

Oh wow, I didn't notice the headphones when I first watched the video. That's good then I guess? Definitely don't think Rodgers is a bad guy, especially with all the work he's done for cancer awareness it seems. Crisis avoided.