Luol Deng - One of the Most Under Appreciated Players in the NBA Today

Pooh25

Luol Deng - One of the Most Under Appreciated Players in the NBA Today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hrKgQgncuo&feature=player_embedded

I loved this video because it shows the life of Luol Deng through Rags to Riches...

How did he come to be? Well he is Sudanese and his father was apart of the Sudan government, a high official, and he moved his family to England to escape the Sudanese Civil War. Deng quickly grew to love the game of basketball and he played for England's squad and was very good. He was averaging 40 points and 14 rebounds...

Then, Luol moved to USA and Deng was considered the second most promising high school senior in America after LeBron James. He was named First Team All-America and could not showcase his talents to the world because of an injury.

He played college ball at Duke under Coach K. He was only the 10th freshman in ACC history to lead all rookies in scoring, rebounding, and field goal percentage...

Deng entered the draft in 2004 after a year in Duke. He was picked seventh by the Suns and then traded to the Bulls and the rest is history as you know, he led the Chicago Bulls to beat the Miami Heat in a playoff series...

People always say he is one of the most overpaid players in the league, but his contract is deferred(30%/40% deferred) and he is great at what he is doing currently for his contract. Most of the money of the contract goes to the Lost Boys of Sudan...

That is why Luol Deng is a great person on and off the court and is one of the most under appreciated players in the league today...

• Like 1

Preach. Though I always wonder what happened to the Luol who was rumoured to be getting dealt for Kobe - 20 years old averaging 19 PPG on 52%, he looked like he was going to be an absolute stud.

Even today he is an awesome 3rd apple type of player offensively. 18 PPG on 46% is still really nice, why is he shooting so many 3's this year?

Preach. Though I always wonder what happened to the Luol who was rumoured to be getting dealt for Kobe - 20 years old averaging 19 PPG on 52%, he looked like he was going to be an absolute stud.

Injuries he suffered a lot of them after the great Miami Heat vs Chicago Bulls series in 05 where Deng lead the Bulls to victory. He's also getting less touches this year as a result of being the third option.

Even today he is an awesome 3rd apple type of player offensively. 18 PPG on 46% is still really nice, why is he shooting so many 3's this year?

He has a lot of open attempts created by Derrick Rose and Carlos Boozer.

Yeah. another underrated player in the league. He's a good rebounder, a good shooter and could do everything on the court. He has been really important to the Bulls success but people can't see it. I don't know why.. the only reason that seems correct to me is because everyone, even myself, are hyping Derrick Rose so much that we forgot about the others