Griffin to always be a Clipper

GM: Blake Griffin to always be a Clipper

It's impossible to predict where Blake Griffin will be in the summer of 2014, when he will become an unrestricted free agent. But as far as the Los Angeles Clippers are concerned, he's not going anywhere.

"I can guarantee you he will only ever be a Clipper," general manager Neil Olshey said of his prized rookie. "If [Oklahoma City Thunder general manager] Sam Presti arrived on Kevin Durant's doorstep at midnight on July 1st with an extension, understand that Blake Griffin lives two blocks away from me in Manhattan Beach so it's going to be a much shorter commute for me."

Griffin has arguably been the most exciting rookie in the NBA since LeBron James. He's averaging 22.5 points, 12.8 rebounds and 3.4 assists. The Clippers (15-25) have won 10 of their last 14 games, beating both the Miami Heat and Los Angeles Lakers during that span. "Blake will continue to do what he's doing. So will Eric Gordon and so will the rest of the All-Rookie players we've drafted over the years," said Olshey. He's been even better in 2011, averaging 27.6 points, 14.4 rebounds and 4.0 assists since Jan. 1.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6039550

Yeah they have one of the best young duos in the league with Griffin and Gordon right now, the future is very bright for the Clippers. They just need to get rid of the dead weight like Baron and Kaman and make this team official belong to those 2. Add another lotto this year and you have a team with as bright a future as any.

Yeah they have one of the best young duos in the league with Griffin and Gordon right now, the future is very bright for the Clippers. They just need to get rid of the dead weight like Baron and Kaman and make this team official belong to those 2. Add another lotto this year and you have a team with as bright a future as any.

Kaman definitely needs to go. Clippers still need Baron though.

Kaman definitely needs to go. Clippers still need Baron though.

yeah, they need him - they need him to leave. he's owed about $30M more after this season. I'm sure the Clips would love to trade him, but the only way that happens is if they take back another ridiculous contract. in that case, they should probably just keep Baron.