Temporary NFL moderators

Real Deal

• Owner

I need three guys to be temporary NFL mods, just to move these topics into the appropriate team forums, or into college/other football forums, or to leave them under the NFL forum.

This may take a day, maybe a few days...no idea, but it would be nice to have the help.

After that, we'll have two NFL moderators, which we'll talk about later on.

Doesn't matter if you're a team leader on the site, or what...just make sure you know a LOT about the NFL so you don't have to open up EVERY topic to see what team it belongs to (ex. know that "Todd Haley snubs McDaniels" is an AFC West topic). If you aren't sure, open the topic...doesn't take long...but it's important to get these moved into the right forums.

• Owner

I'm going to just take the first three (Fish, Cavamatic and Chosen).

What you guys want to do is figure out how many you're going to move (how many pages), and go into it one at a time. Move whatever you can (ex. 5 pages today), then come into this topic and let the other two know you're done for today. The next one can start moving his 5 pages, and the process repeats until the topics are all moved.

Otherwise, there's a potential you'll be moving topics at the same time...and it'll screw up what you're doing.

You guys can talk about how you're going to do that (the order, how many pages at once, etc) right now, and I'll make you three temp. mods. You'll only have moving rights. Later on, as I said, we can talk about two permanent NFL moderators.

Also, do not check the option to leave a link in the place of a moved topic.

• Owner

By the way, a lot of the first page has topics that should stay where they are (ex. Athletes playing XBOX, Favorite Halftime Show, iBoldin's ratings). I've moved a few already.

But, the ones that are geared towards certain teams or players, or those that talk about college football teams or players...those are the ones that need moved.

• Owner

I should've mentioned...a really good way to do this quickly is to pick a division (ex. AFC West) and then start selecting the boxes of those topics that are about the Raiders or those other three unimportant teams nobody cares about in the division. You can then hit the next page button after you do that, still having those selected, and go through that page, so on and so forth until you've selected probably 15-20, then go to the bottom again and use the drop-down to move them all at once.

• Like 2

I just moved about 7 pages, I might do some more later tonight but for not i am calling it quits.

Brandon can you make a General NFL talk section, we have alot of random stuff that really has to do with the NFL as a whole not particular teams.

I'm pretty sure where we are moving the topics from now is the genreal NFL section