Oden still wants to dominate

Despite four injury-plagued seasons and three season-ending surgeries, Greg Oden still wants to "dominate" as a member of the Trail Blazers.

Portland drafted Oden with the No. 1 pick in 2007, ahead of Kevin Durant, who has since become the league's leading scorer and an MVP candidate.

"Kevin Durant is doing a great job," Oden said. "Who wouldn't want to lead the league in scoring and be an All-Star? But right now, I've got to worry about myself and get myself healthy and put myself in the best possible position to dominate."

Oden had microfracture surgery on his left knee in November. He doesn't have a target date for his return.

"There's been a lot of negativity out there," Oden said. "I just try not to deal with that. I'll be back. All I can do is control myself and what I'm going through."

Read more: RealGM: Basketball Wiretap Archives: Oden Still Wants To 'Dominate'

Maybe a bit too late Greg...

Dominate what the bench? ba-dum-tish

In all seriousness I feel for Oden and Yao. Yao more obviously because I am a Rockets fan and I think Yao's impact in this league if healthy would have been even more colossal that it already has been, but I also think Oden would have turned into a pretty solid center if healthy. Wish him the best this league needs more centers.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, he owes it to the Blazers' organization to sign there for 1 year at the MLE price or something reasonable. But if healthy, this is a kid that can be the best defensive Center in the league, better than Dwight Howard if he learns to play the game. If he had played close to 200 games by now like most from that class, I'd bet you he'd be the best defensive C in the game by now.