Super Bowl XLV: Pittsburgh vs. Green Bay

Real Deal

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves, but rodgers didn't really do anything special this game. Despite him winning mvp, he wasn't anything remarkable. The packers didn't win this game, it was the steelers that lost it.

Yea throwing for 300 yards and 3 tds is nothing on the Steelers defense....

300 Yards and 3 TD's against the Steelers secondary isn't remarkable or amazing, especially when you throw it 40 times, so DBF was right, don't know why you'd mock him.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200812070pit.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200909200chi.htm (at least he won lmao)

Edited by Lkr

Did Drew Brees die?

You silly willy, Don't forget, Rodgers>Dan Marino.

And yes, big ben laid an egg this game. Steelers made too many costly mistakes/turnovers and still had a chance to win/seal the game in the final 2 minutes. I dont believe greenbay had a turnover? Also that field goal was way off, almost made akers look mvp again.. Something tells me someones been hitting this kickers before they play greenbay...

300 Yards and 3 TD's against the Steelers secondary isn't remarkable or amazing, especially when you throw it 40 times, so DBF was right, don't know why you'd mock him.

Without throwing a pick? That isn't impressive in the biggest game of the year? His numbers could have been even better had he not been the victim of several drops by his wide receivers.

Calm down ECN, not only was that OVER 2 years ago, but our gameplan was to run on them and it worked

it worked in a loss? :lol:

I don't care if it was 2 years ago, because you guys didn't play the #1 defense in the Super Bowl. BTW, Rodgers had monster stats in the game against Pittsburgh last season(but once again, regular season is nothing on a Super Bowl game)

it worked in a loss? :lol:

I don't care if it was 2 years ago, because you guys didn't play the #1 defense in the Super Bowl. BTW, Rodgers had monster stats in the game against Pittsburgh last season(but once again, regular season is nothing on a Super Bowl game)

You weren't watching the game -_- it was when we threw that we got in trouble, hence the pick 6 to put them 20-13. Yeah I know super bowl means that it's that much harder because the name of the game. It's also that much harder to defend a great QB in the super bowl, especially when a corner goes down with an injury and your secondary sucks.

Without throwing a pick? That isn't impressive in the biggest game of the year? His numbers could have been even better had he not been the victim of several drops by his wide receivers.

You can say that about QB in the NFL any game in the NFL.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2008/opp.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2010/opp.htm

When Romo player Pittsburgh he was on the road too, in Pittsburgh, not in a climate controlled dome in neutral location, plus in 08 Pittsburgh was #1 D and did win the Super Bowl, thanks for playing, have a nice night

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2008/opp.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2010/opp.htm

When Romo player Pittsburgh he was on the road too, in Pittsburgh, not in a climate controlled dome in neutral location, plus in 08 Pittsburgh was #1 D and did win the Super Bowl, thanks for playing, have a nice night

So Rodgers did better against a #1 defense. You proved my point fishy. BTW:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200912200pit.htm

It shouldn't matter that Polamalu was out because he was out of the Super Bowl too :lol:

Edited by Lkr

You can say that about QB in the NFL any game in the NFL.

You're not looking at the bigger picture here. He didn't make one mistake out there. Had he made even one, I think Pittsburgh would've capitalized and probably would have changed the momentum of the game.

So Rodgers did better against a #1 defense. You proved my point fishy. BTW:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200912200pit.htm

It shouldn't matter that Polamalu was out because he was out of the Super Bowl too :lol:

Check the passing Yards smart [expletive]

08 - #1

10 - #12

Edited by fish7718

You're not looking at the bigger picture here. He didn't make one mistake out there. Had he made even one, I think Pittsburgh would've capitalized and probably would have changed the momentum of the game.

He made more than a few bad passes, hence why he was 24-40, it goes with playing the position, to say he was remarkable or amazing is a stretch, it was a good game no doubt though and I never said he didn't deserve it.

He made more than a few bad passes, hence why he was 24-40, it goes with playing the position, to say he was remarkable or amazing is a stretch, it was a good game no doubt though and I never said he didn't deserve it.

He was 24-39 with over 300 yards and 3 TD's, that is impressive regardless of what secondary you're up against. Not to mention he did it without Driver for a good portion of the game.

Really, really good game that I loved watching. Which is what Super Bowls should be about. Some key points:

- Green Bay did a great job scheming for that cover 2 shell with the seam routes. Even with Greg Jennings running it, it was run to perfection more then enough and that really allowed them to move the ball in chunks at times. I think if Jermichael Finley was able to play it'd be even worse, as I thought he'd be one of the x-factors that Green Bay just couldn't play without. They proved me wrong, but Finley is still one of my favorite tight ends.

- Packers were able to generate scoring drives off turnovers, main reason they won.

- Chris Kemoateau was complete [expletive] all game, he never pulled well and he had trouble containing a great Packer defensive line. Howard Green, BJ Raji and Cullen Jenkins all played great games and I thought controlled the line of scrimmage.

- Disappointed in the Packers abandonment of the run game, I think they ended up with 11 carries. Surprising considering they were having moderate success. I think they found something in James Starks, he was over 5 YPC; Pair him with Ryan Grant, John Kuhn and Brandon Jackson next year and you have a very solid stable of running backs.

- Aaron Rodgers won the quarterback battle, and I loved the way he played all game. I thought he might of gone out of his element and get swooped up with the hype of Super Bowl week, and it looked like it during the first few drives. He was just a tad off. But once he settled in, he preyed on a weak Steelers secondary.

- Pittsburgh may want to take a look at Nnamdi Asomugha. William Gay, Bryant McFadden and the rest of the Steelers corners not named Ike Taylor are complete trash and were abused all game.

- I said it earlier but I didn't think Jordy Nelson would play that big of a part as he did. To think if he didn't drop those three catchable balls throughout the night, he probably would've gone 13-215-2 TD. That's IMPRESSIVE. Ten catches is nothing to sneeze at, and even James Jones stepped up in the absence of Donald Driver.

Overall, both these teams will be in the mix once again next year. The Packers got to look at the incredible depth at their skill positions (guys like Quarless, Crabtree, Starks, Nelson) throughout the year and fulfill every teams' main objective; Win the Vince Lombardi Trophy. As a Packer admirer, I'm happy for them. Congrats to Lkr, Flash, Jenneral and all the other Packer fans who can bask in the glory of this win. You put together a suffocating defense and high-flying offense and simply were the best team.

Also: Do you think Green Bay will trade Matt Flynn? He could fetch up to a second-round pick. I know the Cardinals (Larry Fitzgerald I should say) want either Kevin Kolb or Matt Flynn, but I'd rather Flynn. Is it worth it trading him? His development has been fantastic and he didn't look stirred when New England threw their best stuff at him. Could be very good.

• Like 1

I wonder how Grant and Finley feel right now...of course they are happy, but deep down, do they feel a bit irrelevant?

I am sure they do. The same can also be said about Driver and Woodson, the biggest game of their lives and they end up going out early due to injury that really sucks.