Happy Birthday OTR

deestillballin

• Owner

Damn Dee, I was supposed to create this topic! ;)

Six years is crazy. It's scary. I know a lot of you more than I do my old HS friends. :lol:

I'm very, very proud to say that, in these six years, OTR has never been sold. It has never merged with another site. I have never put it on the market, never decided to seek a merge. Same owner since 2005, same name (otrforums changed to otrbasketball, but you know what I mean), same board software, same direction. No restarts (only one, but technically not a restart because it was forced by an SQL injection hack).

People have been known to criticize OTR, about how strict we are, or how we have less activity than most troll-invested sites...but how many six-year basketball sites can you name?

It's true...I love bragging about the site. I love bragging about the community. I will stand here and speak it until my face is blue: we have the best core of posters a site could have, in regards to basketball knowledge (without a doubt), and maybe even sports in general.

On a personal level, I have worked my ass off for this place. However, that work I do doesn't show if everyone else doesn't work as hard, either. I can put up a board, team sites, and post 100 times a day...but nobody knows it if people don't work hard to create that posting atmosphere, to start/lead/engage in discussions. For that, the only way I can repay everyone for that hard work is to hold the fort.

Thanks to my staff, former staff, current and former members...everyone that has had a positive contribution to OTR over the last six years. It has never gone unnoticed.

On with number seven.

• Like 4

Can't believe it's been six years already. I remember when we first started, other more popular, bigger sites scoffed at us, and said we wouldn't last. Now we're still standing, and I can't even remember the names of those naysayers.

I feel so blessed to have been a part of this, and to have known you guys all these years. Let's keep on rolling. :glasses:

I was 15 around when I started, so I've been a part for around 3 years...I wish I knew about this place earlier.

To me, it's the best forum ever easily, because it's ALWAYS been strong. That's because of the awesome members and staff.

It's crazy that I joined here 4 years ago already, then took an extended leave and came back. Had BBW not gone down I wouldn't have probably came back, but I'm glad everything happened the way it did, definitely enjoying my stay.

Congrats!