• Carmelo Anthony, Nuggets

• Yao Ming, Rockets

Eastern Conference

• Derrick Rose, Bulls

• Dwyane Wade, Heat

• LeBron James, Heat

• Amar'e Stoudemire, Knicks

• Dwight Howard, Magic

Well no Yao so it's all up to David Stern to decide who starts at center for the West. The candidates include Pau Gasol, Tim Duncan, and Nene. Pau has had a better season than both those guys, so he should ultimately be the starter. I know that defense isn't really a motto for the all star game, but the West really has a tiny starting lineup.

I still think Deron Williams should be starting for the West over Chris Paul, but you cant really go wrong with either guy. Deron Williams always seems to get snubbed one way or another.

No complaints for me as far as the East is concerned, all those guys deserve their spots. The bench for the East is going to be loaded with Celtic players lol.

Edited by Confidence

Well no Yao so it's all up to David Stern to decide who starts at center for the West. The candidates include Pau Gasol, Tim Duncan, and Nene. Pau has had a better season than both those guys, so he should ultimately be the starter. I know that defense isn't really a motto for the all star game, but the West really has a tiny starting lineup.

Why Pau over Bynum?? Why is Bynum not even considered an option? Pau was listed as a FW on the ballot.

I think the East will kill it easily. They have LeBron and Wade playing together. Both of them have built chemistry and are meshing up perfectly in Miami. Derrick Rose has been a better passer this season and has become a beast and you know what Dwight Howard could do on both ends of the floor. Same for Amare. Damn this is an explosive line-up. I don't like seeing Yao Ming in the West. He doesn't deserve it at all

Why Pau over Bynum?? Why is Bynum not even considered an option? Pau was listed as a FW on the ballot.

Because Bynum has only played around 10 good games and ~15 in total. (Feel free to correct me die-hard Lakers fans)

It doesn't matter what they were listed because the listing system is too rigid. Reserves are determined by coaches and I don't think they are bounded by the listing system. Since Gasol played C when Bynum was out, I guess he would take the spot due to the lack of strong competitors. I would have liked to see K-Love/insert another PF averaging 20-10 who would have been left out taking the spot though.

Because Bynum has only played around 10 good games and ~15 in total. (Feel free to correct me die-hard Lakers fans)...

Yeah, I guess... But if it wasn't for the zealot Chinese fansa Bynum would've been voted West's starting center:

Centers:

Yao Ming (Rockets) 928,928

Andrew Bynum (Lakers) 660,576

Nene (Nuggets) 389,263

I still think Deron Williams should be starting for the West over Chris Paul, but you cant really go wrong with either guy. Deron Williams always seems to get snubbed one way or another.

No complaints for me as far as the East is concerned, all those guys deserve their spots. The bench for the East is going to be loaded with Celtic players lol.

nene over dirk?

^Dirk plays the four, I'm pretty sure they can't just throw him into the starting lineup to play center.

they got melo playing the 4.....they obviously dont care about position lol.

when we first got dirk he played some time at c.

Well no Yao so it's all up to David Stern to decide who starts at center for the West.

No actually it's not the way it works. First the coaches will pick the reserves then Stern will pick the player who will replace Yao, but that doesn't mean that this player will start... In fact the player that Stern will pick doesn't even have to be a center, he can pick any position he wants. Then the Western coach, Pop so, will choose who will start at C.

I personally believe that Pop will pick Gasol cause he's definitely played as the best big man in the league so far.

• Like 1

It is true that Gasol has had some troubles lately but he was fantastic for the first two months of the season. Many people didn't hesitate to consider him as a top MVP candidate. Besides anyone has ups and downs it's impossible to play at the same level all year long... I'm sure he's gonna get back to his right self soon, he had a terrific game last night against Houston anyhow.

He's already proved that it wasn't an accident anyway as he was fantastic as well the whole year long last season. Most people considered him as the best big man in the world. He's also without a doubt the player that has the best post moves in the entire league right now. IMO you can only make a case for two big men over Pau, Dwight and Dirk. Duncan and KG are now just too old and, if Blake and Amaré are having a great season, well Blake is still a rookie and has a lot to prove to be considered the best big man in the league and Stat is just not good enough defensively to be considered as the best big man.

Besides, despite his late troubles, Gasol still has amazing stats and is still 6th at the efficiency rating while playing in the second best team in the West. I think that's plenty enough to start at center for the Western Conference.

For the record Gasol was still very young when he played in the Spanish league and he was not even close to be the best big man of this league at the time.

• 3 weeks later...