Batum To Have MRI on KNEE

Not sure how many people caught last night's game but Nic Batum left the game in the 2nd quarter (I believe, I didn't catch the first half) with a knee injury and did not return. He had an MRI earlier this morning and are awaiting results. I'm hoping everything is okay, if he goes down with a knee injury, there goes Portland's playoff chances unless we get Roy back sooner than later.

The Trail Blazers fell 88-78 Thursday night to the Boston Celtics, but may have suffered an even bigger loss as starting small forward Nicolas Batum left the game in the second quarter with a left knee injury and never returned.

Batum, who was forced to use crutches to walk after the game, is scheduled to undergo a magnetic resonance imaging test this morning to learn the extent of his injury. If it's something serious, it might just be the nail-in-the-coffin for a Blazers team that has already seen eight different players miss a combined 156 games this season because of injury.

"I'm kind of numb to guys getting hurt," LaMarcus Aldridge said afterward in a solemn Blazers locker room. "It seems like every game we have an MRI. We hope that he's OK. We can't afford to lose anybody else."

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2011/01/boston_88_portland_78_allen_pi.html

Edited by Dr. Feelgood