NCAA Basketball Gameday Thread

Cobb

Figured one would be necessary since we don't get too much discussion in the game threads.

So far today:

-New Mexico upsets BYU 86-77, Jimmer Fredette had 32 points.

-Marquette deals Syracuse its fourth straight loss.

That OSU/Northwestern game was a roller coaster ride. We had a 12 point lead in the 2nd half and blew it. Tie game...Northwestern has the ball with around 30-40 seconds left and Lighty somehow stole the ball...we had the ball....Sullinger gets fouled, only makes one free throw (shot terrible from the line tonight)...then Northwestern only has time for half court shot, misses, and we win.

These games have been so close, but a win is a win is a win.

Very excited for the Maryland-Duke game, going to be crazy. Expecting another dominant game from Jordan, by far the best big man between the two teams. With the way Duke has struggled with the three ball the past two games will only make this easier for us since we had a ton of success stopping them earlier in the year. Another factor is our ability to press, every Gary Williams team has been great at this, and Duke has struggled with turnovers, giving the ball up 17 times against St. Johns.

Comcast Center will be rocking tonight, can't wait for this game.

Fell apart at the end, just not enough talent surrounding Jordan Williams, frustrating night shooting the ball.

It's not even talent...... Just a few young players. They really miss Vasquez, Hayes, and Milbourne being able to open up the floor with their shooting ability. No one on this team is a pure shooter. All way too streaky. Those three that we lost last year were terrific in consistency.

Rutgers had me sweatin, would have been a tough game to drop, beautiful play drawn up by lavin though for the game winner

Yeah...that was a great player. My boy Lumpkins was stroking it though!!

It is talent dude, no one outside of Cliff and Jordan are able to create their shot..it all ties back to talent. Yeah we have young players, but that's expected since we lost our seniors. We're a rebuilding team with some great pieces, Gary knows how to teach these kids and get the best out of them, he did it with Vasquez, Dixon, Baxter, Blake, etc, and he's now doing it with his next great talent, Jordan Williams.

Both games against Duke proves we're able to "hang around" with the best, but are not able to close it out. Why? Because of talent.

And the three point shooting was a problem for us last year as well, so it's nothing new. Hayes was the only one consistently hitting his shots. Vasquez was the playmaker that got to the rim whenever he wanted, and was able to finish with his trademark circus shots.

OSU now 23-0!

And watch out for Cleveland State. 21-3 after a win at home against Valpo, which is second to CSU in the Horizon League. Up next, huge home game hosting Butler Sunday. If they win Sunday, they might get an automatic bid. This team deserves some recognition. The point guard Norris Cole will probably go to the pros. At least there's some good basketball in Cleveland. Go Vikes!

The third of my Ohio teams, Akron, is now 12-10. After starting off conference play with a huge home win against Kent State (which I attended), it's been pretty ugly. Only upside is the MAC tournament. It's anybody's game come tourney time.

Great game for the Terps, we have now won 4 of the last 5 games, and Gary Williams ties John Wooden on the all time ACC wins list. Jordan with a dominating performance, he truly is getting better and better each game. He's improving his FT's and just looks so much more comfortable in the paint. Great to see. Pe'shon Howard had a terrific game as well, he made some amazing passes.

HEY cobblestonez,

This is your dearest Gator brother, and I send out my deepest apologies to you and yours for that heartbreak of a loss in Athens a few weeks ago. I knew it must have been rough, and you might have shed a tear, but always remember that you will never beat us at anything and the tears will eventually stop flowing.

HEY cobblestonez,

This is your dearest Gator brother, and I send out my deepest apologies to you and yours for that heartbreak of a loss in Athens a few weeks ago. I knew it must have been rough, and you might have shed a tear, but always remember that you will never beat us at anything and the tears will eventually stop flowing.

Didn't watch a single minute of the game, but was rather disappointed to hear the outcome. Wasn't it like 2OT or something?

RUTGERS ABOUT TO UPSET NOVA AND 1 OMFGGGGGGGGG THAT WAS AMAZING

rutgers and nova

fish7718: amazing

fish7718: rutgers was down 10 with 2:52

fish7718: then down 2 with 20 secs left

fish7718: nova hit a 3

fish7718: with the sshot clock expiring

fish7718: went up 5

fish7718: rutgers came right back down hit a 3

fish7718: down 2

fish7718: with 6 secs left nova got fouled

fish7718: made 1

fish7718: rutgers comes back down

fish7718: htis another 3

fish7718: BUT AND 1

fish7718: hit the free throw

fish7718: up 1 with .8 left

fish7718: game

Edited by fish7718

UH HUH, you know what it is! Everything the Johnnies do, we do it big! You know when you se us everything be all Red and White, Red and White, Red and White, Red and White.

ST JOHN'S BEATING UP ON UCONN LETS [expletive]ING GO, DWIGHT HARDY SHOWING KEMBA WALKER WHO'S BOSS!!!