NCAA Basketball Gameday Thread

Cobb

What the hell was that? Guy throws up a half court prayer with 2-3 seconds left.

Henson is a moron. He is lucky as hell that they didn't call goaltending. What the [expletive] was he thinking doing something as stupid as that? :lol:

EDIT: It was going to be a two anyways, so no big deal there. Still a ridiculously stupid decison on Henson to even touch that ball anyways.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Thank god for the refs. :lol:

Yeah, UNC really lucked out with that final possession. Not only was there that arguable goaltend call (would've only been a 2 anyways, but still), but Washington should've had the ball with something like 1.2 seconds left instead of the 0.5 that they did have. An absolutely brutal job by the officiating crew to not even look at that final play to check the clock.

Henson really made some boneheaded decisions down the stretch, though. If he would've just left the ball alone, none of this would've been an issue. He really lucked out down the stretch as his two poor plays could've easily ended the Heels season.

Washington coach said they asked the refs to check the clock, and they replied something like "we already did, and the time is right".

Something sounds fishy here.

one of the things I like about college over the NBA is that there is less bullshit officiating, but this game made me rethink that :lol:

one of the things I like about college over the NBA is that there is less bullshit officiating, but this game made me rethink that :lol:

The Washington coach could be lying to save face, though.

He would look like a real idiot if he didn't even get them to check the clock.

We will probably never know if he is lying or if the refs did actually say that to him, though.

Not sure how good he will be in the pro's, but Kendall Marshall is the most fundamentally sound PG I've seen at this level in a while.

Agreed. Even though he's not much of a scorer at all, the dude knows how to pass and handle the rock very well. If he can work on his shot and get quicker, I'm sure he could be successful in the NBA.

Yeah not only that final possession from the refs, but also fouls were 20 for Washington and only 9 for UNC, and free throws favored UNC 23 to 7.

But hey, no complaints here! :lol:

Survive and advance baby! GO HEELS!

Edited by TheHutch