Colangelo hasn't discussed future with Raptors

*Swish*

Bryan Colangelo is in the final year of his five-year contract with the Raptors, but the general manager says he hasn't spoken to anybody within the franchise about his future.

The Raptors are headed for the lottery for the third consecutive season.

There have been rumors that Colangelo is seeking another five-year deal worth at least the $20 million his current contract was valued at, according to the Globe and Mail.

Colangelo says he's made no contract demands and his focus is on taking advantage of Toronto's improving draft position by scouting tirelessly.

"I haven't talked to anyone about my contract," he said. "Anyone who says I have is talking BS. I'm not looking for the door right now; I love being here. My focus is on moving forward."

Read More:http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/210416/Colangelo_Hasnt_Discussed_Future_With_Raptors

I think Colangelo will keep staying with the Raptors. He's done a good job it's just that most of our good players just signed with other teams just like Chris Bosh. I hope he will rebuild us well

As an outsider looking in and judging from the level of talent the Raptors have and their record, I am not in favour of giving him another 5-year deal but the Raptors should give him a 2 year deal instead and see what he can do.

He doesn't really need to.

The minute that the Raptors started shipping out veterans like Jarrett Jack for younger players like Jerryd Bayless (as well as buying somebody like Peja out), it was clear that he wasn't going anywhere and would have his contract renewed. If his job was in any sort of danger, he wouldn't have done this tear apart and rebuild. He would've been actively pursuing deals with the TPE where he would acquire an overpriced veteran who would potentially get this team into the playoffs. He wouldn't have been acquiring players like Bayless, Alexi Ajinca and guys like that.

He may not have discussed his future with the team, but he is 100% confident that he has one with them or else he wouldn't be so patient with this team. We all know that he has the ability to throw together a quick fix and get a team into, or near, the playoffs. He has been doing that his entire time with the Raptors.