In how many years.....

How many years will it take JeVale McGee to earn the starting Center position over Brendan Haywood? The coaching staff values him a lot, he has developed over this off season thus far, when will he reach his full potential?

By next season if Haywood resigns with another team. McGee is definitely not ready to take on the starting center position anytime soon. He's still easily fatigued, he would get wrecked by the dominating centers in the league and he doesn't have any go to post moves on the offense like Haywood does.

But then again he's only 21.

ie' date='28 July 2009 - 03:33 PM' timestamp='1248809616' post='23369']

He's still easily fatigued, he would get wrecked by the dominating centers in the league

Yeah. He gets tired too quickly and he still needs to put on more muscle.

But I do think he will start next year because he can be a beast when he gets his minutes.

honestly i don't think mcgee could ever take over the spotting spot on this team with a healthy haywood playing even in a few years. brendan is no dwight howard, but he also isn't a kwame. he's a center that plays defense, and hits freethrows and doesn't get bodied. im high on javale mcgee but i won't let that cloud my judgement. he's a tall athletic center, that is lanky and often looks lost on offense and defense. he would thrive in a place like golden state as the center. he has fundamentals, but i think he needs to work with a big man coach to tell him how to use his body effectively. i'd take 10 points 2 blocks and 8 rebounds from haywood anyday over 10,8 and 2 from mcgee. they don't impact the game the same way. i hope mcgee can put it together, but he needs to hit the weight room if he is ever going to be a consistent starter.

Edited by billt chamberlain