Chris Broussard: Lakers, Nuggets talk Carmelo for Bynum package no Artest or Odom involved

Personally if this happens, it would be awesome to have Heat get past the Celtics to have a Kobe vs Wade, Lebron vs Melo, and Gasol vs Bosh + Odom finals matchup.

If not, then idc if Boston beats them.

I just don't see the point of this for either team. LA is better suited to keep Bynum because his presence against Boston and Miami would be huge as opposed to another scorer who's gonna take shots away from Kobe. I don't think its a good fit for LA.

• Like 2

A report from ESPN on Tuesday indicated that the Lakers and Nuggets were holding preliminary discussions about a trade involving Carmelo Anthony and Andrew Bynum.

"What's out there is inaccurate," said a Lakers representative familiar with the negotiations.

Denver is also in discussions with the Knicks, the team Anthony is reportedly set on playing for by the 11-12 season.

That took long.

That took long.

If you know LA history they don't like to deal through media of course they gonna shoot it down. Just like no heard about Artest for either Jackson or Wallace till today and those discussion were held last week. Just like the Pau trade no media report new about till it happen. If Melo comes to LA I'd be shocked myself but I hope it does. And Bynum is the most attractive piece that is connected to Denver. Wilson Chandler & Brewer potential is not that high as Bynum. Even though injury riddled Bynum could be a potential as most analyst on ESPN agree with. Cause how many legitimate centers are there in the league that have legitimate post game in the post.

Edited by magicbalala245

There's two sides to this deal if you're the Lakers. For one, they're a team that just won back to back titles, do you really want to break up that core and change the chemistry of the team? Is it really necessary to go into panic mode because your not winning games in the meaningless regular season?

I repped Flash's post earlier, but it just hit me, size doesn't really matter as much as it used to. There are many stretches throughout the game where Boston's only defense is fouling, it happened a ton in game 7 last year, and it happened when they last met this season (Shaq had 5 fouls in 15 mins..). The league isn't what it used to be, defense is now more predicated on the team itself with a zone, and Boston is one of the worst teams when it comes to points in the paint since they're all jumpshooters for the most part. In a seven game series, a frontcourt of Gasol, Odom, and Melo would be more than enough.

As for Denver, it's a very risky move considering what they're leaving on the table in New Jersey and New York. Bynum's health is always a question mark, and one can make the argument that Favors or Chandler are much better pieces to build around. Not to mention keeping Melo in the Western Conference would only be a bad thing for them.

I don't see this happening, but it's a deal worth thinking about.

I still dont see how you Laker fans are high on Bynum? I knew that dude was a fraud ever since the start. And then you guys would say look he just went 24 and 12 for five games HE GOT UPSIDEZZ. Then he gets hurt for 3433 games. Great trade for the Lakers if it happens.

Edited by .50.
  • Like 1

Not to mention Melo has to adjust to being the second guy in that triangle offense. I just don't think he and Kobe fit very well together I have to be honest. Neither of those 2 are the type of playmaker that Wade or LBJ is nor are they as unselfish. That's just my 2 cents though.

I can't believe we are still talking about upside for a guy in his 6th NBA season now, especially since he has no knees.

Also talking about Bynum's presence or whatever, Bynum missed their first finals appearance, and averaged less than 25 minutes during their last 2 playoff runs. They can survive without him, especially with the emergence of Lamar Odom. To suggest the Lakers NOT do this deal is one of the most absurd things I have ever heard.

Edited by Check my Stats