2011 UEFA Champions League Tournament thread

Dash

Starts next week on the 15th of this month, anyone plan on watching and what teams are you rooting to win it all? Schedule for next week is:

Tuesday, February 15

AC Milan vs Tottenham Spurs

Valencia vs Schalke 04

Wednesday, February 16

AS Roma vs Shakhtar Donetsk

Barcelona vs Arsenal

All games start at 2:45 PM ET, broadcast will likely be on FSC and possibly ESPN but I'm not sure yet.

Edited by Dash

^I was thinking it was about time Arshavin got in the game. Amazing how he was able to turn the tide so quickly.

Pressure is all on Barcelona now...I can't believe I'm saying that. 2nd leg seems so far away.

im still pissed pazzini isnt eligble to play for inter..but at least kharja will be there, inter is a completely different team now after their signings and with leo as coach

lets be the first team ever to repeat!!! forza inter!!

• 3 weeks later...

[expletive]ing Messi...Arsenal keeps the game leveled for entire first half only to give up a goal to Messi in the last minute. Sweet trick though by Messi, gotta give him props for that.

I hope Arsenal comes out in the second half like they did in the first leg.

About time Fabregas got pulled out of the game, he's been playing like shit this whole series. I can't believe Wenger isn't starting Arshavin, ridiculous.

man...Van persie shouldnt have been red carded, that was some bull.

Not to take anything away from Barca though, they were BY FAR ther better team. They made Arsenal look like grade schoolers out there. It's unbelieveable how easy they make it look. If they converted on all the great chances they generated the score woulda been like 7-1.

• 1 month later...

I haven't been paying as much attention once Arsenal got eliminated but its been a decent Champions League (at least from what I've seen). Semi Finals start next week.

Schalke 04 vs Manchester United

Real Madrid vs Barcelona

Real vs Barcelona is gunna be epic.

Today they play in the spanish league, then on Tuesday for la copa del rey, and then in late april/early may they conclude this mini series playing in this tourney. I hope Real comes out on top each time haha.

• 3 weeks later...

Real is done. After losing to Barça at home in the Champions league, they lost to Zaragoza 2-3 at home. That's like their 4th home loss to teams not named Barcelona this season. I can't remember a worse Real Madrid season.

This season has actually been much better than the last 5 or 6.

1- They won a title against the best team in the world

2- They got past the quarter finals in the CL, something that didn't happen since 7 years ago or so

This season has actually been much better than the last 5 or 6.

1- They won a title against the best team in the world

2- They got past the quarter finals in the CL, something that didn't happen since 7 years ago or so

Yeah, come to think about, I forgot about their '7-year drought' in the CL. I just expected them to fair better in the Spanish league with Adebayor and their other offseason acquisitions (incl. coach José Mourinho). What a disappointment... <_<

^I looked it up and it's since 2003-2004, and not Quarter finals, it's worse: they didn't get past the first Knockout Stage since.

The problem for Real Madrid is that if Jose Mourinho can't do it, and he's most likely the best coach in the market as of now, who can do it? Real Madrid won't fire him because there's nobody better to bring in. That's a fact, just like Barcelona being the best team.

• 4 weeks later...

Manchester United vs Barcelona

Finals are this weekend. Personally I despise both teams (hate ManU less so I'm going for them) but its a very strong finals matchup.