2011 UEFA Champions League Tournament thread

Dash

Ferguson is dumb ass. You can't try to play an attacking game against Barcelona. They will just expose you and attack. Only one man knows how to beat Barcelona and that's Mourninho. Got to play a defensive, counter attacking game with an extra defender on Messi

These commentators have a man crush on Guardiola. Please, give me those players and I'll make them champions too. In soccer, more than any other sport, the coach isn't as important. They just have to be good locker room managers. What got me was when they called him respectful. Watch one of his press conferences after a loss and than see you're golden boy's true colors.

• Like 1

These commentators have a man crush on Guardiola. Please, give me those players and I'll make them champions too. In soccer, more than any other sport, the coach isn't as important. They just have to be good locker room managers. What got me was when they called him respectful. Watch one of his press conferences after a loss and than see you're golden boy's true colors.

they all hate mourinho lol thats why in comparison they are makin pep sound way better

Villa's goal was too nice man, that curve on the ball was spectacular.

Xavi's shot that got blocked woulda been a jaw dropper as well. All in all, well-deserved win by Barca. Dominating like usual, proving they're the best club in the world once again.

its not impossible to beat barca, a solid defensive and counter attackin team can take them down, but not many teams have a combination of a great midfield and attack like barca does (inter did enough damage with snjieder and milito combination alone, and their defense was stronger last year with a healthy puyol)

but even if you are defensive, you can't allow all their 60%+ possession to be near the box, if its near the half or in their own half or just inside the half, thats best..if they are chillin in your box all game (like against manU) then you dont stand a chance

oh...and messi needs to be completely taken out of the game by 1-2 players constantly shadowing him

also you should be able to execute precise set plays too..free kicks, corners etc. in the few chances you get

other than that, unless they get a bench, one injury-filled year would be the only way they will be knocked off the top

Of course its not impossible and they can lose. But they are easily the best team and there really is no competition currently. It would be scary if they did get a few strikers on the bench and defense too.

Real is my favorite club team and I still dont think they are good enough to beat them consistently. They won the one match but every other they got dominated.

Dominated? Having to play 10 against 11 for the majority of those games certainly affected the results, especially in the first leg of semis where it was an even leveled match till another ref fell victim to Barcelona's ridiculous amount of flopping encouraged by their own head coach. The red on Pepe affected the entire series and we may see a different champion if it wasn't for that bullshit call.