Felton, Billups Could Be Added To Carmelo Deal

The Regime

Recent rumors indicate that the Nuggets would like the Knicks to include Raymond Felton in a package for Carmelo Anthony, with Chauncey Billups ending up in New York as part of the deal as well.

The New York Post reports that Donnie Walsh and the Knicks are not currently considering the suggestion.

Billups doesn't have a guaranteed contract for next season, meaning New York would be able to waive him and acquire additional cap space.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/210861/Felton_Billups_Could_Be_Added_To_Carmelo_Deal

I don't think this would be a good idea for the Knicks.. Felton has been playing at an all star level (best season of his career) and is a key player to the Knicks' success. I'm definitely against trading Felton for Billups if I was a Knicks fan. The only reason I'd find it smart is for cap space

Edited by *Swish*

I don't think this would be a good idea for the Knicks.. Felton has been playing at an all star level (best season of his career) and is a key player to the Knicks' success. I'm definitely against trading Felton for Billups if I was a Knicks fan. The only reason I'd find it smart is for cap space

Billups would still give them a shot at CP3, and Billups was an All-Star last year.

Felton was playing at an all-star level for a few months, not sure I'd say he still is today. His struggles have coincided with the team's struggles, and I'm not sure that how he's playing now isn't his true ability.

All of that said, I'm not sure how I feel about it. Felton and Chandler for Melo and Billups? Sign me up. The original package with Felton and Billups added? Probably not.