Pierce to undergo MRI

deestillballin

BOSTON (AP) -- Paul Pierce plans to have an MRI on his left foot Monday after the second worst shooting game of his career.

Pierce missed all 10 of his shots and scored one point in the Boston Celtics' 85-82 win over the Miami Heat on Sunday.

"I'm just battling a couple of minor injuries to my hand and my foot," he said. "So I think that really explains my tentativeness and my off shooting today."

Pierce said he sprained his right shooting hand in practice Saturday then was hit on it Sunda

NBA.com

it's crucial Boston stays in first. they're going to want home court advantage in the finals and Miami's breathing down their necks. if they lose Pierce, they have virtually no depth at SF. who's going to play that position without Pierce and Daniels? they're either going to have to sign someone to a ten-day contract or make a move.

it's crucial Boston stays in first. they're going to want home court advantage in the finals and Miami's breathing down their necks.

No it's not, and I think last year proved it. They were one game away from banner 18. Celtics are a veteran team that knows how to play in the playoffs, they don't need the Garden to win games.

1 point and 0-10 from the field is definitely terrible for any player in the National Basketball association. I don't like how he blames it on these minor injuries which I'm sure just didn't come just before the Heat's game. Anyways, let's hope he feels better.

No it's not, and I think last year proved it. They were one game away from banner 18. Celtics are a veteran team that knows how to play in the playoffs, they don't need the Garden to win games.

but they're a year older now, and who knows whether or not one of them goes down with an injury in the playoffs. it always helps to have home court advantage.

but they're a year older now, and who knows whether or not one of them goes down with an injury in the playoffs. it always helps to have home court advantage.

I'm with you. I don't know how the Celtics can expect to win anything, considering they have aged a full year since last year. I believe the Lakers have only aged 3 months, and the Spurs 6 months, so I will give both of them the edge.

• Like 1

Their a much stronger team this year, and have a more healthy Garnett. Not to mention Rondo has grown more as a player.