2/14 Raw Thread - THE ROCK HAS RETURNED!

• Owner

Alright, time to start watching again. I saw it tonight. This is the wrestling I remember...none of that garbage I tuned into a few months back (sorry, current fans).

And by the way...the third promo for Taker, it wasn't just for him. He was in the house. They showed his face. Someone else was outside, in a similar trench coat.

Sting coming back to fight Taker at WM? The Rock destroys a heel Cena? Please be true. I'll spend money.

Alright, time to start watching again. I saw it tonight. This is the wrestling I remember...none of that garbage I tuned into a few months back (sorry, current fans).

And by the way...the third promo for Taker, it wasn't just for him. He was in the house. They showed his face. Someone else was outside, in a similar trench coat.

Sting coming back to fight Taker at WM? The Rock destroys a heel Cena? Please be true. I'll spend money.

I'm already gonna spend money on it.

But now it's killing me that I didn't get tickets to go there in person this time. :( :( :(

But man, that goes to show. When one man like the The Rock can get people to actually start watching again...that really does say something.

Like I said, WWE NEEDS The Rock on their programming.

EDIT: If Taker returns as ABA Taker next week..this will be the greatest year of WWE in recent memory.

EDIT: If Taker returns as ABA Taker next week..this will be the greatest year of WWE in recent memory.

:lol: You like ABA Taker? I do too just most people don't.

Anyways Triple H, Undertaker and the Rock all wrestling at Wrestlemania? Move over Cena, Miz and Orton, the legends are back.

btw, I can't stop watching this epicness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BII1rjoHdeU

Edited by fish7718

:lol: You like ABA Taker? I do too just most people don't.

Anyways Triple H, Undertaker and the Rock all wrestling at Wrestlemania? Move over Cena, Miz and Orton, the legends are back.

btw, I can't stop watching this epicness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BII1rjoHdeU

Well greatest year to ME. :lol:

And yeah I know..it's just that Deadman Taker is so damn stale to me.

No one even comes close to Rock, dude is in a league of his own when he's on the mic. Nobody in the history of the WWE, not even Hogan or Triple H could cut a promo like that.

I really hope he's featured on the rest of the Raw's up until WM, that's pretty much the only way I'll start consistently watching again lol.

THE ROCK WAS GOLD... I MEAN GOLD!!!!!!! He's been out of the business for 7 years and for him to deliver a 5 star promo tonight was just amazing. I mean who else could do that? Rock really owned Cena and everybody else. I am so happy Rock is my fav all time and i c an't wait for Mania.. If they put him and Cena in a match that would draw big money... But it don't matter cuz Rock is going to have people buy Wrestlemania no matter what.

JohnCena John Cena

CeNation. Rock was in rare form tonight. It was great to see him enjoying himself out there. Even if it was at my expense. I've been

JohnCena John Cena

Called alot worse. Just glad to see him back in action.

Err John Cena should just turn heal, it would be easier for the WWE when we got to WM27 and everyone is cheering for the Rock

If Rock appears on Raw on a weekly basis, I'd give it a few weeks before the crowd turns on Cena. Right now the kiddies still view him as their superman and have no idea who this Rock character is.

Sick to hear the "Cena sucks" chants but the crowd was honestly garbage.

I'd LOVE to see that but I'm not getting my hopes up because the WWE usually crushes them.

Also that one promo was FAR better than anything I've seen in wrestling in more than 7 years.

What this promo demonstrated:

-promos are obviously better when they aren't being delivered word for word from a script

-when the wrestler shows some passion for what he is saying and actually believes what he is saying, makes the promo more effective

-working a crowd 101 - take notes everyone except Punk and Cena

-how to utilize cheap pops

-using the word damn, @ss or sh1t, not bad swear words, but words that can make your promo just seem more real, and effective, and won't really compromise the PG rating as long as it isn't excessive

-interacting with the crowd makes them more engaged in the product! who'd a thunk it?

Rock pretty much exposed the WWE tonight, his promo wasn't even that great, but he demonstrated how you can work a crowd and get them behind you. That was the best promo I've seen in a very long time based on crowd reaction alone, the actual promo itself wasn't great, but Rock's fire and ability to work the crowd is just unmatched. It was awesome to see a crowd that engaged, gave me goosebumps seeing Rocky back in a WWE ring.

EDIT: Also, if there is a Rock-Cena angle, this completely excuses how [expletive]tily the Nexus angle ended.

Edited by Check my Stats

What this promo demonstrated:

-promos are obviously better when they aren't being delivered word for word from a script

-when the wrestler shows some passion for what he is saying and actually believes what he is saying, makes the promo more effective

-working a crowd 101 - take notes everyone except Punk and Cena

-how to utilize cheap pops

-using the word damn, @ss or sh1t, not bad swear words, but words that can make your promo just seem more real, and effective, and won't really compromise the PG rating as long as it isn't excessive

-interacting with the crowd makes them more engaged in the product! who'd a thunk it?

Rock pretty much exposed the WWE tonight, his promo wasn't even that great, but he demonstrated how you can work a crowd and get them behind you. That was the best promo I've seen in a very long time based on crowd reaction alone, the actual promo itself wasn't great, but Rock's fire and ability to work the crowd is just unmatched. It was awesome to see a crowd that engaged, gave me goosebumps seeing Rocky back in a WWE ring.

EDIT: Also, if there is a Rock-Cena angle, this completely excuses how [expletive]tily the Nexus angle ended.

In terms of The Rock promos alone this probably doesn't even crack his top 10, but compared to everyone else's lately it's GOAT

So epic and surreal I'm watching it now, I haven't been this interested in the brand since at least my Freshman year, of high school.

He said he's "never going to leave", take it FWIW.

His exact quote "I want to take this moment to you all here, your live here, millions watching around the world: I want to tell you thank you, I love, and it is because of you that I am back in this ring, and it is because of you, and I give you my word. I am never ever going away." *Rocky chants* "Simply put ladies and gentlemen THE ROCK IS BACK"

Edited by fish7718

leave for 7 years, return, and give the best promo in 7 years. Damn wwe, you have sucked

you see the huge difference in Rocky's skill versus Ceners with the Michael Cole segments. Cena mocked Cole for a few cheap laughs, Rocky made him know his damn role and received a huge pop and big time laughter.

Edited by Lkr

leave for 7 years, return, and give the best promo in 7 years. Damn wwe, you have sucked

you see the huge difference in Rocky's skill versus Ceners with the Michael Cole segments. Cena mocked Cole for a few cheap laughs, Rocky made him know his damn role and received a huge pop and big time laughter.

Good point, Cena is cheap jokes, the rock is STFU and know your role before I whop your [expletive] + cheap jokes.

Wow, time to start watching again... But I heard he's only going to be here till Wrestlemania.

It's pretty pathetic that the main eventers we see today are of the likes of Miz, CM Punk, and Jack Swagger...

Way to list some of the better guys in the company

Way to list some of the better guys in the company

Guys like Edge, Orton, and Cena were always main eventers, so I don't see the point in mentioning them. CM Punk, Miz, and Swagger couldn't even dream of main eventing a show back in the day. Just two years ago I considered Miz a scrub, now he's a heavyweight champ? That's pathetic.