Jim Johnson passes away...

RIP my prayers go out to him and his family, I pray it was painless.

They definately should do some kind of a dedication for him in the Eagles Stadium.

Unfortunately there was a great deal of pain involved in this, so that is the bright side of all this...no more pain.

It was amazing to me that he showed up at OTA's a few weeks ago in his little go-cart thing. Just shows how much he loved the game, to show up and help out despite being in that immense back pain.

Ya cancer sucks. Did he die from Melanoma skin cancer? The doctor wanted to test me for it (minor operation) on my back cuz he saw something, dot or two but I didn't let him cuz I was young ans scared. Still didn't go back, been over 5 years.

there was a cancerous tumor in his spine, i think melanoma though.

but its crazy how this 68 year old guy could connect with and have such an impact on all the players. he was incredibly patient with other coaches, and teaching guys like Harbaugh, Spagnuolo, and quite a few others. on the field everyone knew that he was gonna be going to be blitzing like crazy, but yet he still remained so unpredictable.

he produced 26 probowlers on defense, and i cant imagine anyone better then him at utilizing certain players skills. brian dawkins was the perfect example last year. everyone knew that dawkins was getting older and was not very good with coverage. jim johnson built the defense around dawkins and allowed to him to blitz and really take advantage of his hitting, while really minimizing his coverage problems. he made dawkins a probowler. it is absolutely amazing how he did this over the years for many players. the eagles players have changed completely over the past 10 years, but you can always trust that the defense will be there. jim johnson was an amazing coach and guy, and will be missed. its time for another one of his followers to take over the defense. RIP