Knicks improve Melo offer

Guest N/A

I think it's stupid if the Knicks don't pull the trigger on a trade for Melo. I'm sorry, but you can find a Landry Fields in any draft, and he can't hold Melo's jock. You can find a PG in the draft or Free-Agency, but you aren't going to find a Melo.

I think it's hilarious when people think it's stupid of New Jersey to offer up four 1st round picks. Go and look at the past 5 or so drafts and tell me the studs that are found at the bottom of the draft, which is where the Nets picks would most likely be. :lol: .

*Waits for mention of Wilson Chandler*

Edited by EastCoastNiner
  • Like 1

I think it's stupid if the Knicks don't pull the trigger on a trade for Melo. I'm sorry, but you can find a Landry Fields in any draft, and he can't hold Melo's jock. You can find a PG in the draft or Free-Agency, but you aren't going to find a Melo.

I think it's hilarious when people think it's stupid of New Jersey to offer up four 1st round picks. Go and look at the past 5 or so drafts and tell me the studs that are found at the bottom of the draft, which is where the Nets picks would most likely be. :lol: .

*Waits for mention of Wilson Chandler*

The combination of Lopez and Anthony will not put the Nets first rounders at the bottom. They'll be like a 7th or 8th seed at best...

• Owner
New York is now putting Danilo Gallinari, Raymond Felton, Wilson Chandler, Eddy Curry and a first round pick to Denver for Carmelo Anthony, Chauncey Billups and salary cap filler.

Good trade. Just get it done.

1) Melo wants the extension. The Knicks aren't going to be able to wait and pick him up during the FA period. He wants to sign now, because if he doesn't, he risks losing a LOT of money after the CBA expires (which is before the FA period).

2) Losing Felton hurts the most, actually, because Billups isn't going to be a part of the Knicks' future. However, keeping Amare and Landry, and adding Melo? That's something to build around.

3) You have to start somewhere. The current Knicks team is wearing out, which is why they have been picking up all of these losses after their nice win streak they put together. They need another scorer...can't play through Amare every play of every game.

Good trade. Just get it done.

1) Melo wants the extension. The Knicks aren't going to be able to wait and pick him up during the FA period. He wants to sign now, because if he doesn't, he risks losing a LOT of money after the CBA expires (which is before the FA period).

2) Losing Felton hurts the most, actually, because Billups isn't going to be a part of the Knicks' future. However, keeping Amare and Landry, and adding Melo? That's something to build around.

3) You have to start somewhere. The current Knicks team is wearing out, which is why they have been picking up all of these losses after their nice win streak they put together. They need another scorer...can't play through Amare every play of every game.

Good points. Also, Felton has definitely worn down the past 20 games or so too. Even he has too much of a burden trying to carry the team and play a ton of minutes. I'd love to see a third-team get involved and the Knicks may get another PG...Not sure how many minutes Billups can play in this system at his age.

What did they get for Jason Kidd again?

I asked for you to elaborate, and you responded with one example, a pretty bad one at that.

It's easy for you to call it a bad deal now because Kidd is playing for a contender that needs him. Harris, meanwhile, looks like he has little value since the Nets have had him in trade talks for a good part of the season, either to Portland or Denver. Why? Because the Nets are trying to take advantage of every opportunity to bring over a superstar.

Shortly after Harris arrived in Jersey, Kiki Vandeweghe was being praised for his amazing work, and rightfully so. There were "Thank You Cuban" chants when Dallas came to Jersey. Devin made the All-Star team in 08-09 and deserved to be a starter. Two years later, there have been quite a few injuries along the way, but he's still been a major part of the team. Jersey also received two draft picks that gave them Anderson and, ultimately, Damion James.

I asked for you to elaborate, and you responded with one example, a pretty bad one at that.

It's easy for you to call it a bad deal now because Kidd is playing for a contender that needs him. Harris, meanwhile, looks like he has little value since the Nets have had him in trade talks for a good part of the season, either to Portland or Denver. Why? Because the Nets are trying to take advantage of every opportunity to bring over a superstar.

Shortly after Harris arrived in Jersey, Kiki Vandeweghe was being praised for his amazing work, and rightfully so. There were "Thank You Cuban" chants when Dallas came to Jersey. Devin made the All-Star team in 08-09 and deserved to be a starter. Two years later, there have been quite a few injuries along the way, but he's still been a major part of the team. Jersey also received two draft picks that gave them Anderson and, ultimately, Damion James.

So....

We get a point guard who is perfect for our system and we trade a point guard who never fit our system and a bunch of meaningless draft picks...?

Nice trade http://www.otrbasketball.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif

So....

We get a point guard who is perfect for our system and we trade a point guard who never fit our system and a bunch of meaningless draft picks...?

Nice trade http://www.otrbasketball.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif

You just stated the trade from the perspective of Dallas, which is irrelevant if you're talking about New Jersey not knowing how to trade. From Jersey's perspective, the PG fit the system and the draft picks were meaningful.

We shouldn't even be debating this since your original statement and example both made no sense.

The Knicks and Nuggets continue to discuss a trade centered around Carmelo Anthony.

New York's standing offer is Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Eddy Curry and a first round pick for Anthony, Chauncey Billups and Anthony Carter.

But the Nuggets continue to insist on New York including Timofey Mozgov to the trade, according to sources.

The Knicks are reluctant to lose Mozgov, who is signed to an affordable contract and has shown promise at center during his rookie season.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/211142/Denver_Now_Requesting_Inclusion_Of_Mozgov

:lol:

I love our FO it's brilliant

This is Nuggets' way of saying to Melo: "we're either sending you to NJ or keeping you... but we won't be dealing you to Knicks for scrubs... we'd rather get nothing."

• Owner
New York's standing offer is Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Eddy Curry and a first round pick for Anthony, Chauncey Billups and Anthony Carter.

But the Nuggets continue to insist on New York including Timofey Mozgov to the trade, according to sources.

So the Knicks will look like this...

C - Amare Stoudemire | Ronny Turiaf

PF - Shawne Williams | Anthony Randolph

SF - Carmelo Anthony | Bill Walker

SG - Landry Fields | Tony Douglas

PG - Chauncey Billups | Anthony Carter

???

Worst bench in the history of basketball, and a starting PF that should never start a game, and that's really a SF?

This is Nuggets' way of saying to Melo: "we're either sending you to NJ or keeping you... but we won't be dealing you to Knicks for scrubs... we'd rather get nothing."

Which scrubs? Chandler, Gallo, Felton are all better than any single player on your team not named Melo. Afflalo, J.R., etc... All of them. Make the argument that Nene is there, but he's on par at best.

lol scrubs. smh.

http://basketball.re...usion_Of_Mozgov

:lol:

I love our FO it's brilliant

Please explain to me how the Nets offer is better than the Knicks offer.

Aside from draft picks, the Knicks offer is CLEARLY better.

So the Knicks will look like this...

C - Amare Stoudemire | Ronny Turiaf

PF - Shawne Williams | Anthony Randolph

SF - Carmelo Anthony | Bill Walker

SG - Landry Fields | Tony Douglas

PG - Chauncey Billups | Anthony Carter

???

Worst bench in the history of basketball, and a starting PF that should never start a game, and that's really a SF?

I thought they'd be trading Randolph, lol...

But yeah no way the Knicks are giving up Mozgov as well. But then again, can you really let Mozgov be the deal killer if you want Carmelo that badly?

I thought they'd be trading Randolph, lol...

But yeah no way the Knicks are giving up Mozgov as well. But then again, can you really let Mozgov be the deal killer if you want Carmelo that badly?

Can't want Carmelo that badly. Have to call their bluff or take another direction, I'm 100% against blowing up our entire roster for Melo.

Can't want Carmelo that badly. Have to call their bluff or take another direction, I'm 100% against blowing up our entire roster for Melo.

Yeah....I mean, not only is that team horrible depth wise but we think NYK is bad defensively now...what happens when we give up our three best defenders?!