Nets get Deron Williams

Phightins

This is really good for Miami now that I think about it. The Knicks now have to put all their hopes into the CP3 basket and I'm not sure he ends up there to be honest. The Nets will be a very good team and the Knicks will have Amare and Melo but I don't really see anymore "super teams" being formed with 3 guys like we have.

Either way, its a great time to be an NBA fan in the East.

This is really good for Miami now that I think about it. The Knicks now have to put all their hopes into the CP3 basket and I'm not sure he ends up there to be honest. The Nets will be a very good team and the Knicks will have Amare and Melo but I don't really see anymore "super teams" being formed with 3 guys like we have.

Either way, its a great time to be an NBA fan in the East.

Its a great time to be an NBA fan of the Heat, Knicks, Nets and Bulls. The rest of the east is screwed.

I think Utah got a damn nice return. I don't know what people are talking about when they are saying that they didn't get much. I think this is a hell of a deal for the Jazz.

They got Favours, who I don't think will be as good as advertised but you never know. Allowing him to play behind vets like Millsap, Jefferson and Okur is only going to be good for his development. If Sloan was still around, I think that he could definitely reach this "potential" everybody is talking about. Harris isn't a bad player at all and maybe a change of scenery will do him well. He was awesome for the Nets when they first acquired him and maybe will revert back to form now that he is in the West again. On top of that they got two lottery picks considering I don't see New Jersey turning it around this season and making the playoffs with nothing but Williams and Lopez (unless Porkohov pulls another deal out of his ass) and that Warriors 1st next season is pretty much a lock for the lottery considering it is the Warriors. I know this draft seems relatively weak, but next years class is looking to be the best class since 03 and you can definitely get an impact player in the mid-late lottery.

The Jazz definitely got worse in the short run, but they are suddenly looking very good in the long run. If only they didn't completely screw up last season by drafting Gordan Hayword. Their future would like very nice right now if they hadn't.

are you people freaking serious with this Nets won this deal business? if D-Will jets next summer, they're totally screwed. they will have lost their starting point guard, multiple picks, and an extremely young and talented Favors for nothing. this would be a great deal if Williams signed an extension, but that's not gonna happen. a year from now, they'll be eating crow.

are you people freaking serious with this Nets won this deal business? if D-Will jets next summer, they're totally screwed. they will have lost their starting point guard, multiple picks, and an extremely young and talented Favors for nothing. this would be a great deal if Williams signed an extension, but that's not gonna happen. a year from now, they'll be eating crow.

You'll be eating crow when they end up being successful and you hop on over to the Nets bandwagon.

• Like 3

You'll be eating crow when they end up being successful and you hop on over to the Nets bandwagon.

what makes you think they'll be successful? they won't make the postseason this year even with D-Will, and he becomes a free agent next summer. why would he stick around and wait 3-4 years for them to become a true title contender when he can just hop over the river and join an instant contender like the Knicks? there's so many better options out there for him - no way he signs a long-term extension with Jersey.

I just didn't feel like making a new topic every 4 seconds for new trade rumors.

Problem with that you fruit?

there's already a topic made about the Murphy rumors.

http://www.otrbasketball.com/forums/topic/21525-troy-murphy-trade-almost-complete-several-teams-interested/

but thanks for throwing out immature remarks again and completely throwing this thread off-topic.

there's already a topic made about the Murphy rumors.

http://www.otrbasketball.com/forums/topic/21525-troy-murphy-trade-almost-complete-several-teams-interested/

but thanks for throwing out immature remarks again and completely throwing this thread off-topic.

Nice backseat modding.

• Like 1

• Owner

Knicks and Nets acting like there's some kind of meaningful rivalry going on...

Anyway...Deron will strongly consider staying in New Jersey. He can get the most money, and the longer contract, if he does...and with the new CBA being put into play before he becomes a free agent, I'm sure money will be the biggest factor at that point, like it will be with most every NBA player, especially the following season after the new deal is created.

Knicks and Nets acting like there's some kind of meaningful rivalry going on...

Anyway...Deron will strongly consider staying in New Jersey. He can get the most money, and the longer contract, if he does...and with the new CBA being put into play before he becomes a free agent, I'm sure money will be the biggest factor at that point, like it will be with most every NBA player, especially the following season after the new deal is created.

Basically. Even if Deron somehow does turn down the money there is a good chance of the CBA introducing a franchise tag.

This is kind of crazy. Deron and Brook are a nice 1-2 punch offensively, but there isn't much else there. This is probably a borderline playoff team as is (if they started the year together) so more moves obviously need to be made, and they don't really have any more assets. I don't really like that they gave up their pick this year, I'd have pushed to give up future firsts then possibly flip this year's first for someone else to help them win.

Really good deal for both sides though, Jazz can possibly trade Harris for even more youth if they need to. It'll be interesting to see where the Nets go from here though, this came absolutely out of nowhere so crazy.

Why are Knicks fans so jealous? I was [expletive]ing happy for you clowns when you got Melo. But of coarse we don't get the same respect back.

Deron is one of my favorite players in the league, I'm outrageously jealous that the Nets nabbed him... But I'm happy for y'all, I'm happy for the area because basketball is poppin' again. If it seemed like I was talking down on the Nets, I apologize... I think Prokky and Jay need to re-sign this dude by any means necessary.

• Like 1

This is kind of crazy. Deron and Brook are a nice 1-2 punch offensively, but there isn't much else there. This is probably a borderline playoff team as is (if they started the year together) so more moves obviously need to be made, and they don't really have any more assets. I don't really like that they gave up their pick this year, I'd have pushed to give up future firsts then possibly flip this year's first for someone else to help them win.

Really good deal for both sides though, Jazz can possibly trade Harris for even more youth if they need to. It'll be interesting to see where the Nets go from here though, this came absolutely out of nowhere so crazy.

Don't have any more assets? I disagree. We have a ridiculous amount of cap room. This years FA list doesn't look too bad I think we should be able to pick someone up.