Rockets acquire Goran Dragic, Hasheem Thabeet and 2 first round draft picks for Brooks, Battier

Dash

WojYahooNBA

Houston has traded Shane Battier to Memphis for Thabeet and a first-round pick, source tells Y!

Paul Coro paulcoro

The Suns "likely" are trading Goran Dragic and a first-round draft choice to Houston for Aaron Brooks, a source said.

Daryl Morey is God.

Actually it wouldn't be THAT bad if the Suns were to miss the playoffs, 8th seed in the West would be the 18th pick in the draft right now while Magic are 23rd. Houston owns 4 first round draft picks in the next 2 years (ours this year, Grizzlies, Suns and Knicks), should look to package a few of those to either move up in the draft or for a starter.

Looks like Nash is definitely gone in the offseason, absolutely no way he stays with them next year. And I can just see it now, Aaron Brooks averages 23 3PT attempts per 36...

Good trade for the Rockets though, nice to see them finally rebuild.

To be fair Dragic has been struggling all season too. I think both players desperately needed a change of scenery, works well for both teams imo if Brooks can get his stroke back.

Hasheem biggest draft bust ever? Not only did he cost his team a top 2 pick, but he cost them another 1st rounder just to get rid of him.

Rockets might get Hakeem or Dikembe to mentor him and the Rockets' staff have proven to be excellent player developers.

Rockets might get Hakeem or Dikembe to mentor him and the Rockets' staff have proven to be excellent player developers.

If the guy wasn't a foul machine and had any offensive skill what-so-ever then maybe they could develop him, into a back up :lol:

Rockets also get Demarre Carrol in trade with Memphis.

Jonathan Feigen Jonathan_Feigen

Confirmed. Makes $ match. RT @christomasson: Agent Mark Bartelstein says client DeMarre Carroll going to Houston in the Thabeet-Battier deal

• Like 1

Morey's a total boss. you get two big bodies with potential and a couple picks for a washed up Battier and a disgruntled Brooks. this team got a lot younger and a lot better.

Agreed, and they are also buried in terms of cap for a few years at least, so hopefully it works out for them. Grizz traded thabeet and carroll to clear room to resign Z-Bo/Gasol

That's something that I am looking forward to.... Hakeem has worked with him before but now that he's on the Rockets it's a bit more personal.

Per CA Grizzlies

# Griz pick would come into play no earlier than 2013 22 minutes ago via web

Griz send Thabeet, Carroll and a lottery-protected, future 1st-rounder to Houston for Shane Battier and Ish Smith, according to The CA 22 minutes ago via web

Sucks that Ish got moved too but he wasn't seeing any playing time anyways.

A bit disappointed that the Grizzlies pick is coming later than expected but other than that I have no problems with what Morey did. Thabeet has got a TON of potential, lets see what Jack Sickma and the rest of the staff can do with him.

How funny would it be if Adelman c-blocks Terrence Williams with Budinger and DeMarre Carrol?

Ugh.. Dragic has been struggling this season but I was hoping he would get the oppurtunity to start when Nash leaves since his potential is VERY high imo. It doesn't make any sense trading Dragic and a 1st for Brooks since we are already in the rebuilding process. The draft class might be weak this year but I would still keep the pick and and a player who has a lot of potential in him. I wish Kerr was still with us...:(

Morey's a total boss. you get two big bodies with potential and a couple picks for a washed up Battier and a disgruntled Brooks. this team got a lot younger and a lot better.

oh shit, I confused Dragic with Gortat. this makes Morey even more of a boss.

they get that young, talented pg from Phoenix... for Brooks? what a move!

Dragic, Thabeet, and a couple first round picks for just Brooks and Battier is huge.

major props to Houston. they've made great moves at the deadline the last two years.

Ugh.. Dragic has been struggling this season but I was hoping he would get the oppurtunity to start when Nash leaves since his potential is VERY high imo. It doesn't make any sense trading Dragic and a 1st for Brooks since we are already in the rebuilding process. The draft class might be weak this year but I would still keep the pick and and a player who has a lot of potential in him. I wish Kerr was still with us...:(

Yeah I didn't get it either, just another horrible move by Phoenix. 1 step foward, 2 steps back.