Rockets acquire Goran Dragic, Hasheem Thabeet and 2 first round draft picks for Brooks, Battier

Dash

The more I think about this trade, the worse it gets. Dragic was the future and was a fan favorite in Phoenix, especially after his performance againt the Spurs in the playoffs. I am curious for the reason behind this trade. Dragic will def be missed, hope he gets his oppurtunities at Houston though.

The more I think about this trade, the worse it gets. Dragic was the future and was a fan favorite in Phoenix, especially after his performance againt the Spurs in the playoffs. I am curious for the reason behind this trade. Dragic will def be missed, hope he gets his oppurtunities at Houston though.

Sweet Jesus, was I like this when Ariza got traded? :lol:

Lmao...

Sorry but this trade is bugging me.

No worries, I know what its like to lose a favorite player of yours. When Ariza got traded I didn't let htown hear the end of it for MONTHS, I think ended up annoying the crap out of him a few times.

Anyways I think after you let this trade sink in and see Brooks play in the Suns offense, you'll like what you'll see.

What I don't understand about this trade is that Brooks is an expiring and will be looking for a fat contract this offseason. It would be one thing to trade for a young, struggling point guard like Darren Collison (just first name that came to mind), but Brooks isn't any younger than Dragic (might even be older although I think they are the same age) and I think it is safe to say that Brooks is a finished product at this point. I honestly don't think I would've traded Dragic straight up for Brooks, all things considered. Adding a first into the trade is just ridiculous.

Suns management is just baffling. They really have no idea what they want to do with this team.

What I don't understand about this trade is that Brooks is an expiring and will be looking for a fat contract this offseason. It would be one thing to trade for a young, struggling point guard like Darren Collison (just first name that came to mind), but Brooks isn't any younger than Dragic (might even be older although I think they are the same age) and I think it is safe to say that Brooks is a finished product at this point. I honestly don't think I would've traded Dragic straight up for Brooks, all things considered. Adding a first into the trade is just ridiculous.

Suns management is just baffling. They really have no idea what they want to do with this team.

Considering Brooks' struggles this year and with a new CBA coming up, I'd be surprised if Brooks got anything more than MLE money.

No worries, I know what its like to lose a favorite player of yours. When Ariza got traded I didn't let htown hear the end of it for MONTHS, I think ended up annoying the crap out of him a few times.

Anyways I think after you let this trade sink in and see Brooks play in the Suns offense, you'll like what you'll see.

Agreed Brooks in that offense is going to be fun to watch.

Suns management is just baffling. They really have no idea. what they want to do with this team.

Couldn't state it better myself. Well said.

Once Amare and Kerr left, I knew this organization was turning into a mess. As sad as it sounds, the Suns managemant are clueless and have no idea what direction to take this team. We all know that the Suns might not even make the playoffs but if we were it would be a first round exit easily. I was wishing we would make a move or two before the deadline towards our future, but this trade was completely unexpected.

Considering Brooks' struggles this year and with a new CBA coming up, I'd be surprised if Brooks got anything more than MLE money.

Still, it doesn't really change the fact that he is going to look to get paid this summer and the Suns will be forced to make a decision on him. He is going to make more than the $2.1M that they would've paid Dragic next season and he is a bigger name so I would imagine he will sign a more lucrative deal than what Dragic will get after next season.

That was just one minor reason why I dislike this trade for Phoenix. The main reasons I don't like this trade for the Suns is because they are giving up a first round pick and because I just don't see Aaron Brooks as the point guard of the future. To be fair, I didn't see Dragic as that either, but at least with Dragic he can run an offense half assed. Brooks is pretty much a less talented, 5'10 version of Gilbert Arenas. Whenever I have watched him he has never shown the ability to run an offense at all. If the Suns plan on continuing to run the system that they have, Brooks is going to be an awful fit in that offense. Sure he may get his own offense, but every other Sun who feeds off of open looks is going to be in trouble with him running the show.

Bottom line is the Suns management continues to show their incompetence. Great deal for Houston, though.

• Like 1

Morey said during the press conference that he felt there was a good chance that they could lose both Battier and Brooks through free agency, so they decided to turn them into assets for the future. Said Brooks could be matched for any offer but the Rockets didn't want to pay starter money to 2 point guards, and decided that Lowry was our point guard going forward (for now) and that Dragic is a solid backup (for now) and has great potential. Also said that Thabeet has a lot of potential, felt that despite his play it was too early to give up on him, has a chance to turn it around etc.

Sheds some light on this trade. More I go further into the press conference, the more I like the moves Morey made.

More details on the Memphis pick:

The pick, at least, will never be a high one. It is top-14 protected every year and not eligible to be used until 2013. The Minnesota Timberwolves — who own the rights to the future first round pick the Grizzles sent to the Utah Jazz last season for Ronnie Brewer — are ahead of the Rockets in line for a Grizzlies first rounder. If the Grizzlies make the playoffs this season, the Wolves will get that pick in this summer's draft. In that event, the pick being sent to the Rockets will be eligible to be used starting in 2013 (you can't trade picks in back-to-back years). If the Grizzlies miss the playoffs this season, that pushes both picks back at least a year. If the pick owed to the Rockets is not exercised by 2016, the Rockets will receive a second-round pick and $3 million.

Go Grizzlies too I guess. =/

I am back

I dont like the Thabeet trade. I read about that lotto protection today and its horrible. This year is their best chance to get in the playoffs but they have to get in twice. Not only twice but not even in back to back years. They have to get in this year and in 2013. Seriously what are the chances of the Griz doing that? Thabeet is a project so i dont know why they didnt ask for less protection on the pick.

The Brooks trade was good.

I am back

I dont like the Thabeet trade. I read about that lotto protection today and its horrible. This year is their best chance to get in the playoffs but they have to get in twice. Not only twice but not even in back to back years. They have to get in this year and in 2013. Seriously what are the chances of the Griz doing that? Thabeet is a project so i dont know why they didnt ask for less protection on the pick.

The Brooks trade was good.

Welcome back.

and what do you mean by the second paragraph i really have not read anything like that about that trade.

Welcome back.

and what do you mean by the second paragraph i really have not read anything like that about that trade.

The post above mine explains it. I read about it on clutchfans. Rockets will probably end up with a second round pick +3 mil.

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/basketball/DraftTrades/Future/Grizzlies.htm

• Like 1