Rockets acquire Goran Dragic, Hasheem Thabeet and 2 first round draft picks for Brooks, Battier

Dash

It really depends on the offseason. If the Grizzlies bring back both Randolph and Gasol, I can see them making the playoffs over the next few years. Denver, Utah and Phoenix are likely going to be out of the playoff picture for the next few seasons, so that opens up 3 playoff spots for the Grizzlies that normally weren't available.

Also, if Mayo bounces back next season, as I would expect him to do (if he is still there), that also bodes really well for them. Assuming they manage to keep this core together and no conference altering moves are made, I think it is highly possible that the Grizzlies manage to sneak into the playoffs a couple of times over the next few years.

Mayo is definitely the key to the Memphis' future, he's shown flashes in his first two years that he has all-star potential and if he can just reach half of his potential then I think the Grizzlies are set as perennial playoff contenders. Xavier Henry is the wild card but he's proven to be inconsistent this season as well and we'll see if conley is worth that contract extension. Anyways assuming the Grizzlies make the playoffs this year the pick is lottery protected from 2013-2016, so plenty of time for that pick to eventually become useful.

As for the Suns pick, I really hope we manage to package it along with our pick this year and possibly move into the top 8.

Mayo is definitely the key to the Memphis' future, he's shown flashes in his first two years that he has all-star potential and if he can just reach half of his potential then I think the Grizzlies are set as perennial playoff contenders. Xavier Henry is the wild card but he's proven to be inconsistent this season as well and we'll see if conley is worth that contract extension. Anyways assuming the Grizzlies make the playoffs this year the pick is lottery protected from 2013-2016, so plenty of time for that pick to eventually become useful.

As for the Suns pick, I really hope we manage to package it along with our pick this year and possibly move into the top 8.

As weak as the draft is this year they may be able to move into the top 5, lol.

As weak as the draft is this year they may be able to move into the top 5, lol.

As much as I would love for that to happen, I don't think 13th + 18th (23rd if the Suns don't make the playoffs) would net us a top 5 pick. Not unless we add another player to that trade, possibly one of our wings or bigs depending on who we would be drafting.

As much as I would love for that to happen, I don't think 13th + 18th (23rd if the Suns don't make the playoffs) would net us a top 5 pick. Not unless we add another player to that trade, possibly one of our wings or bigs depending on who we would be drafting.

I can honestly see 13+18+T-Will netting the Rockets Cleveland's top 5 pick because they seem to be more about quantity than quality at the moment about draft picks. Plus, I'm sure they would see T-Will as a young SF to build around with Iggy like potential(who they wanted during trading season).

I can honestly see 13+18+T-Will netting the Rockets Cleveland's top 5 pick because they seem to be more about quantity than quality at the moment about draft picks. Plus, I'm sure they would see T-Will as a young SF to build around with Iggy like potential(who they wanted during trading season).

That depends where Cleveland would end up picking, but I think any team with the 5th pick would be interested in that package. However, I'm not sure if Houston would because Terrence Williams could easily go in the top 8 in this draft class. Jonas Valanciunas is THE ideal pick for the Rockets, really hope he slips by some teams and we're able to trade up and snatch him. If not him I would want to take a look at Enes Kanter or Kemba Walker, basically anyone that isn't a tweener or a power forward because we have enough of those.

That depends where Cleveland would end up picking, but I think any team with the 5th pick would be interested in that package. However, I'm not sure if Houston would because Terrence Williams could easily go in the top 8 in this draft class. Jonas Valanciunas is THE ideal pick for the Rockets, really hope he slips by some teams and we're able to trade up and snatch him. If not him I would want to take a look at Enes Kanter or Kemba Walker, basically anyone that isn't a tweener or a power forward because we have enough of those.

I think T-Will would be a top 6 pick in this class, but I don't think they should look at Kanter because they have Yao. Walker would be an interesting idea though, but they just gave Lowry that contract. If Jon Vessley has a good combine maybe even give him a look.

Edited by N/A

I think T-Will would be a top 6 pick in this class, but I don't think they should look at Kanter because they have Yao. Walker would be an interesting idea though, but they just gave Lowry that contract. If Jon Vessley has a good combine maybe even give him a look.

Jimmer Fredette, Jan Vesley, Donatas Motiejunas, and maybe Harrison Barnes (if he slips that far) would be my picks if we were to stand pat at 12 or 13. The Rockets aren't going to pass on Kanter just because of Yao, chances of him having a healthy season again at an all-star level are very slim. Houston doesn't consider him as apart of their future plans, instead they view him as an extra that would provide a huge boost if he were to stay healthy. Hence why Morey was on the market for a big man for so long and eventually traded for Thabeet.

I like Lowry a lot but despite his improvement this season I still don't view him as a starting point guard for a playoff team, IF Morey liked Fredette (depends on how he views him but apparently he was gushing about him earlier) enough I'm sure he'd move Lowry or maybe even Dragic to make room for him. Kemba Walker is easily a better point guard prospect than Lowry too.

Jimmer Fredette, Jan Vesley, Donatas Motiejunas, and maybe Harrison Barnes (if he slips that far) would be my picks if we were to stand pat at 12 or 13. The Rockets aren't going to pass on Kanter just because of Yao, chances of him having a healthy season again at an all-star level are very slim. Houston doesn't consider him as apart of their future plans, instead they view him as an extra that would provide a huge boost if he were to stay healthy. Hence why Morey was on the market for a big man for so long and eventually traded for Thabeet.

I like Lowry a lot but despite his improvement this season I still don't view him as a starting point guard for a playoff team, IF Morey liked Fredette (depends on how he views him but apparently he was gushing about him earlier) enough I'm sure he'd move Lowry or maybe even Dragic to make room for him. Kemba Walker is easily a better point guard prospect than Lowry too.

If the Rockets keep the picks then I'd take Vesley at 13 and Fredette at 18. My belief is that Fredette will have a great tournament, but he won't "wow" people with his athletic ability so he'll fall in the draft.

My issue about Kemba Walker is the fact he is such a ball hog and is selfish at times. I think John Hollinger did his usage ratings for college and Kemba was in the top 3? He's got all the physical tools, but he just strikes me as a ball hog.

If the Rockets keep the picks then I'd take Vesley at 13 and Fredette at 18. My belief is that Fredette will have a great tournament, but he won't "wow" people with his athletic ability so he'll fall in the draft.

My issue about Kemba Walker is the fact he is such a ball hog and is selfish at times. I think John Hollinger did his usage ratings for college and Kemba was in the top 3? He's got all the physical tools, but he just strikes me as a ball hog.

I'm going to hold on my judgment on Fredette until after the tournament, want to see how he does against stronger competition.

Walker reminds me of Aaron Brooks but with more potential and as much as I hated Brooks I wouldn't be opposed to taking a look at Walker.

I'm going to hold on my judgment on Fredette until after the tournament, want to see how he does against stronger competition.

Walker reminds me of Aaron Brooks but with more potential and as much as I hated Brooks I wouldn't be opposed to taking a look at Walker.

Brooks is a better than shooter than Kemba though.

I can see the comparison, but Kemba reminds me of TJ Ford.

They have the 8th spot right not cuz they had Rudy Gay most of the year. With him out now, I dont see them making the playoffs. Suns are one game out and the Rockets are 3. Its hard to tell what how the Rockets will do but i am sure the Suns will jump them. OJ Mayo is not the answer. He has gotten worse since his rookie year and they are trying to trade him. Obviously they still have hope if they resign Gasol and Randolph.

Since the draft is supposedly weak this year i hope they look for projects. Target one of those two foreign centers and maybe Alex Burc.