Pistons laugh at own head coach after ejection

Guest N/A

I respect Ben Wallace, and he should know better than to do this...it's terrible when veterans like T-mac, Stuckey, and Big Ben are laughing. I don't care how crazy you think your coach is...there has to be a level of respect.

and the NBA didnt wanna give my boy iverson a job because of his attitude? lol, these guys are protesting and not even trying, at least iverson regardless of situation still played his ass off on the court

i know this has nothing to do with AI, but i just had to let that off my chest after watchin this lol

• Owner

For one, it's not Kuester's fault that they suck. The Pistons were built wrong. All eggs were in the basket for Ben Gordon, who was supposed to shine outside of Chicago.

Instead, they have no idea where they need to play him, or what they need to do with him, Stuckey, Hamilton and McGrady all trying to play the two-guard. Villanueva is a big SF. Daye, Jerebko...same position. Everyone wants to make plays and have the ball in their hands...from Stuckey to McGrady, Gordon, and Bynum.

While they really don't have that great of a coach, they don't have a team, either. I don't see why any player would be laughing when they are a bottom-feeding East team.

• Owner

If this doesn't get Kuester fired I don't know what will.

If Kuester walks, it's going to make the team (the half that skipped practice) look really, really bad. Detroit should probably fire him, if they feel that him resigning is a possibility.

The truth is, those that wanted to organize the "boycott" and skip practice...the other 29 teams in the NBA will see them as disrespectful players. Kuester was a good assistant, and he's respected by a few coaches and GM's in the NBA. It's the same guy that was an assistant under Rick Pitino and Larry Brown, and he preaches defense and was an excellent defensive player back when he played for the Heels.

The Pistons roster is pretty darn awful. And to be honest, it's mostly management's fault. Joe Dumars has really [expletive]ed this team up. Think about it, he's drafted horribly, the Gordon and Villaneuva moves have backfired, and Tracy McGrady? Lol.

The Pistons players are absolutely pathetic. What a roster they have!

Tracy "first round exit" McGrady is an absolute bum, and should not be laughing at the coach on a team that gave that scrub another shot even though everyone knows he sucks, big time.

Ben Wallace? Seriously? You're a bigger bum than T-Mac right now and have been washed up for what seems like ten years?

Ben Gordon. :lol: . That's all I have to say about him.

I wouldn't blame the head coach of the Detroit Pistons. Its like the players aren't taking their jobs seriously or not wanting to win. Its just been a lack of focus and I can see how this coach is frustrated with the way his team has played.

I bet a college team could possibly beat the Pistons, since the chemistry and depth around the players aren't there. Not acting immature or doing anything right. I still ask myself everyday why are the Pistons still an NBA team? Ever since the run they had after 08' playoffs against the Magic they just forgot what kind of team they can be and how good also. Not liking the Pistons at all, I bet no one does, I just hope they are sold to another team. Maybe that will wake them up and get more serious.

I must say, the coach's rage was actually pretty funny. I never seen an old man like him, go that crazy and flipping rage over a game that none of the players care about. Everyone just seem so stupid.

About a week prior to his banishment to the Detroit Pistons’ bench in January, Richard Hamilton(notes) berated coach John Kuester in a jarring and expletive-filled diatribe on the practice court, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

As stunned coaches and teammates watched, Hamilton bellowed at Kuester that he had been a failure in his two seasons in Detroit, blown the opportunity the franchise afforded him and was nothing more than a career assistant coach, sources said. Despite Hamilton yelling within inches of him, Kuester didn’t respond.

Pistons coach John Kuester has played Richard Hamilton in one game since Jan. 10.

Several of the team’s younger players were mortified watching it and privately told agents and associates they wished they had the courage to stand up, confront Hamilton and try to take control back from the disgruntled veteran. Nevertheless, Hamilton influences a powerful lobby in the Pistons’ locker room, including veteran leaders Tayshaun Prince(notes) and Ben Wallace(notes).

The early January incident was the second time Hamilton had initiated a confrontation with Kuester this season, sources said, and it ultimately spurred the benching that led to such public acrimony. Once a cornerstone of an NBA championship and six straight trips to the Eastern Conference finals, Hamilton helped orchestrate a player protest on Friday morning by skipping the team’s morning shootaround in Philadelphia.

Kuester played Hamilton two more games in early January – which included a scoreless performance against Chicago – before moving him to the bench on a permanent basis. Since Jan. 10, Hamilton’s played only one game for the Pistons.

With $25 million left on a contract that runs through the 2013 season, Hamilton had been nearly impossible to trade for Detroit. Still, Pistons general manager Joe Dumars and Cleveland Cavaliers general manager Chris Grant had an agreement to send Hamilton and a lottery-protected 2012 first-round draft pick for a $12.6 million trade exception and a second-round draft pick on Thursday, sources said.

Cleveland was mostly interested in the draft pick, but was willing to let Hamilton join the team for the remainder of his contract. Once Hamilton made clear he didn’t want to play for a last-place team, his representatives discussed a contract buyout that would’ve allowed him to likely join the Chicago Bulls, sources said. Cleveland wanted him to take $18 million in the buyout, arguing that he could secure his 2011-12 salary now when it’s possible that money wouldn’t be paid him during a lockout next season.

Hamilton declined, and the trade died within an hour of the Thursday afternoon deadline. Hamilton stayed in Detroit, and turned out to be one of several players who boycotted Friday’s shootaround and were benched in the 110-94 loss to the 76ers.

Fines are expected for the players who were without an excuse for missing the shootaround. Despite Kuester’s struggles, the prospect of firing him in-season has been difficult to even broach because of the uncertainty of the franchise’s expected ownership change. As the organization waits for a pending sale to businessman Tom Gore, basketball operations have been largely crippled to make moves that impact finances.

Link:: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-hamiltonpistons022611

Anyone who blames the coach for all of this is plain retarded.