Sources: Phillies to get Lee from Indians

The Goods

The Philadelphia Phillies and Cleveland Indians agreed to a trade that would bring Cliff Lee to the NL East leaders along with outfielder Ben Francisco for four minor-leaguers, according to major league sources.

Triple-A right-hander Carlos Carrasco, Single-A righty Jason Knapp, catcher Lou Marson -- the likely heir apparent to Victor Martinez -- and shortstop Jason Donald will be sent to Cleveland.

The trade is pending physical exams.

The Phillies wouldn't be required to give up pitcher J.A. Happ or the three prospects they balked at trading for Roy Halladay -- outfielders Dominic Brown and Michael Taylor, and pitcher Kyle Drabek.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4363553

Blind robbery. Awesome awesome job Ruben. I love this more and more the more I think about it.

Also love that he was able to get Francisco out of it too. Our bench just went from [expletive]tastic on the right side to pretty freaking good with just one addition. Killed two birds with one stone and gave up absolutely nothing. Knapp is the only guy that hurts even a little bit to lose, and he's still 2-3 years off from MLB ready so who knows how he will pan out.

This is seriously awesome omg. Way to go Ruben...way to not cave in to Ricciardi for Halladay.

I love it.

I hope Toronto gets crap for Halliday and realize the Phillies offered the best for him.

Lee is also 12-2 against the National League. :)

I love it.

I hope Toronto gets crap for Halliday and realize the Phillies offered the best for him.

Lee is also 12-2 against the National League. :)

no, i hope toronto gets nothing and keeps him. i dont want to see halladay on the dodgers or any other team

I'm glad I've been following baseball more closely or I'd have no idea who Cliff Lee is lol. This is awesome news though, we became one of the main threats in the league again IMO.

I'm glad I've been following baseball more closely or I'd have no idea who Cliff Lee is lol. This is awesome news though, we became one of the main threats in the league again IMO.

We already were. lol

Blind robbery. Awesome awesome job Ruben. I love this more and more the more I think about it.

Also love that he was able to get Francisco out of it too. Our bench just went from [expletive]tastic on the right side to pretty freaking good with just one addition. Killed two birds with one stone and gave up absolutely nothing. Knapp is the only guy that hurts even a little bit to lose, and he's still 2-3 years off from MLB ready so who knows how he will pan out.

This is seriously awesome omg. Way to go Ruben...way to not cave in to Ricciardi for Halladay.

Blind Robbery? Eh I don't think so. You gave up a little bit more than absolutely nothing. Corrasco has ace-like stuff he just needs some tuning.

Blind Robbery? Eh I don't think so. You gave up a little bit more than absolutely nothing. Corrasco has ace-like stuff he just needs some tuning.

You mad Phillies got Cliff Lee for nothing and are now the unanimous favorites in the NL while the Mets are below .500?

I'm surprised we gave up Francisco. He had talent.

Looks like we're gonna move Victor now.

We have a lot of great prospects. We have Choo, Asdrubal, LaPorta Grady, and Shoppach to build around and hopefully the young pitchers can come through. Next year if we don't have injury troubles again we should be better.

You mad. lol

It was blind robbery. The Indians could have gotten way more for Cliff Lee and Ben Francisco. Jason Knapp is the only guy who it hurts the Phillies even a little bit to lose, and he is 3-4 years off so who knows what he will turn into (although I think he is the real deal). Carrasco has some talent although not as much as everybody used to think, and he is a headcase. Marson and Donald are nothing special (well Marson will be decent I think, Donald will be a utility infielder IMO). So, decent value and depth for the minor league system, but they could have done way way better. Obviously as a Phillies fan I am not complaining.

Edited by Phightins09

All I know is the dude had an ERA near 3 in the American League and now he's coming to the [expletive]ty NL East. I will take my chances. Only issue is he has had some problems with righties so if we play the Cardinals or Dodgers in the playoffs there might be a reason to be concerned.

This is a sick trade, although I wanted Halliday, the price was too steep. Phillies have very little weaknesses now and Dodgers are a joke.

The Los Angeles Dodgers are not a joke, even though they play in the NL West.

Even with the trade for Cliff Lee I'm not sure that the Philadelphia Phillies are the best team in the MLB, let alone the NL.

I'd say that the New York Yankees, L.A. Dodgers, St. Louis Cardinals, and the Boston Red Sox are all in the "Top 5" with the Philadelphia Phillies right now, and the Tampa Bay Rays are right there as well.

I'm sorry, but I just think that the NL is complete [expletive], and the only team that I can see actually standing a chance in the AL is the Philadelphia Phillies, although I think they would really suffer because of Ryan Howard, Jimmy Rollins, and Jason Worth.

The pitching is definitely improved, but I'm not sold on it.

You can say I'm making excuses, but I think that if the Boston Red Sox and the Tampa Bay Rays didn't go 7 games last year in the ALCS, the World Series may have been a different story because of the superior pitching in the AL.