Warriors Rant

Legacy

Ok, enough is enough. The Warriors have caused me so much pain and misery these past few years, and it's taking it's toll on me. Besides the 2007 playoff run, Golden State hasn't done shit. Playoffs only once in over 16 years, and constant horrible picks in the lottery. Who the [expletive] picks Joe Smith as the number one selection? Then we have the retard owner Chris Cohan who was the worst owner arguably in all of sports. He finally sold the team, and we got new owners. Joe Lacob, one of the owners promised the Warriors will get a superstar, but wtf do we have now? Monta Ellis who will never get the respect he deserves? Stephen Curry who will probably be run over by point guards like Westbrook, Rose, Wall, Rondo, etc because he can't play defense if his life depended on it?

This new idiot promised us a "superstar". While other teams got Melo, D-Will, we couldn't even land an old Antwan Jamison.

The Bay Area is a large market. Listed in the top 5, 10 by many. Yet, the retards that run this team can not land one here. The last time we had a player in the all-star game was Latrell Sprewell. :huh: I was four years old.

Also I'm sick of not being good enough to make it to the playoffs, but not be shitty enough to get a good pick in the draft. Constantly, we land the 8-10th pick in the draft, and sometimes 13 or 14, but the dumbass front office always has to pick either a player with attitude issues, injury prone, or just a plain old bust. We got lucky with Curry though.

And who the [expletive] pays Andris Biedrins a contract worth 10 million a year? My left nut is a better free throw shooter than this clown. We already can't play defense for shit, so what do the Warriors do? Sign David Lee, the worst power forward defender in the whole league. He constantly gets raped every game by the opposing big men to make them look like a reincarnated Moses Malone playing in a current player's body.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that their might be teams like the Cavs or Pistons who look like they might be shit, but they have had their good days a few years back and while their future doesn't look too bright right now, they will find a gem in the draft to build around and get back to being a decent team that will be in the playoffs.

Golden State on the other hand, will always suck. Never good enough for the playoffs and not shitty enough for a good draft pick (not that it matters, the front office will [expletive] it up anyways).

Don't post a "you mad" picture, because the Warriors have me beyond mad, but I'm done ranting for now because it's useless. If the Warriors ever get good, someone can bring this thread back up and say shit, but that day won't come for an extremely long time, if ever. That is all.

-Frustrated Golden State Warriors fan

Solid post all-around that sums up the inept Warriors management. If I was them I would Ellis and Lee for someone close to star status, but all know acquiring a star isn't a given. With that being said they could blow up the team and build a team revolving around defense. This would mean trading everyone except for Curry, Wright, and Ellis. It will be interesting to see what they do in the future...

Try being a Raptors fan....

At least Chris Bosh made the All-Star team when he was on the Raptors...

Plus the Raptors play in the weak as [expletive] Eastern Conference.

Warriors have to play a playoff caliber team almost every night from the West.

Raptors fan > Warriors fan

At least you have the Giants who won a World Series...

Believe me, looking back, we had LBJ and were the perennial favorites to win it all the past two years, and we didn't even get to the finals once in either of those seasons.

Anyways, I understand your pain and feel sorry. -_-

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

Ok, enough is enough. The Warriors have caused me so much pain and misery these past few years, and it's taking it's toll on me. Besides the 2007 playoff run, Golden State hasn't done shit. Playoffs only once in over 16 years, and constant horrible picks in the lottery. Who the [expletive] picks Joe Smith as the number one selection? Then we have the retard owner Chris Cohan who was the worst owner arguably in all of sports. He finally sold the team, and we got new owners. Joe Lacob, one of the owners promised the Warriors will get a superstar, but wtf do we have now? Monta Ellis who will never get the respect he deserves? Stephen Curry who will probably be run over by point guards like Westbrook, Rose, Wall, Rondo, etc because he can't play defense if his life depended on it?

This new idiot promised us a "superstar". While other teams got Melo, D-Will, we couldn't even land an old Antwan Jamison.

The Bay Area is a large market. Listed in the top 5, 10 by many. Yet, the retards that run this team can not land one here. The last time we had a player in the all-star game was Latrell Sprewell. :huh: I was four years old.

Also I'm sick of not being good enough to make it to the playoffs, but not be shitty enough to get a good pick in the draft. Constantly, we land the 8-10th pick in the draft, and sometimes 13 or 14, but the dumbass front office always has to pick either a player with attitude issues, injury prone, or just a plain old bust. We got lucky with Curry though.

And who the [expletive] pays Andris Biedrins a contract worth 10 million a year? My left nut is a better free throw shooter than this clown. We already can't play defense for shit, so what do the Warriors do? Sign David Lee, the worst power forward defender in the whole league. He constantly gets raped every game by the opposing big men to make them look like a reincarnated Moses Malone playing in a current player's body.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that their might be teams like the Cavs or Pistons who look like they might be shit, but they have had their good days a few years back and while their future doesn't look too bright right now, they will find a gem in the draft to build around and get back to being a decent team that will be in the playoffs.

Golden State on the other hand, will always suck. Never good enough for the playoffs and not shitty enough for a good draft pick (not that it matters, the front office will [expletive] it up anyways).

Don't post a "you mad" picture, because the Warriors have me beyond mad, but I'm done ranting for now because it's useless. If the Warriors ever get good, someone can bring this thread back up and say shit, but that day won't come for an extremely long time, if ever. That is all.

-Frustrated Golden State Warriors fan

http://cdn1.knowyourmeme.com/i/30403/original/YouMad.jpg

Yeah, but not as much as the retard that lost two name change bets and got raped by the Packers.

http://www.mynews24.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/jaycutler_finger.jpg

lolol.. this is iBoldin, not DBF. And that was meant as a trolling post. Here are my actual thoughts on Golden State.

I do believe it will get better, but not for a year or two more. Years and years of mis-managed players - free agents, draft picks and roster players alike - have contributed to the continual mediocrity of the franchise. They were marred by a dumbass as the Owner and the stupidity reign from the top down.

I like Keith Smart, and I like the re-emphasis on the defensive approach. You're never going to get much D from players like David Lee but if you can drill the simple fundamentals into them, brand them into a little less run n' gun and a little more halfcourt, this could be a team to watch for.

Specifically, how have David Lee and Biedrins played? I've watched a bit of Golden State, around six or seven games, and I haven't been impressed, but they've been average I assume. And what about Ekpe Udoh?

Try being a Raptors fan....

I was going to say that but we have to realize that the Warriors have a way better team on paper. Ellis should already be an all star and is a beast all around player and then they also have Curry who is a great rebounder for a point guard with also a great shot.. and then, they have David Lee who was the Knicks leader last season and Biedrins who's here for some defense

I was going to say that but we have to realize that the Warriors have a way better team on paper. Ellis should already be an all star and is a beast all around player and then they also have Curry who is a great rebounder for a point guard with also a great shot.. and then, they have David Lee who was the Knicks leader last season and Biedrins who's here for some defense

Ellis is a scorer and nothing more. What exactly does he do that makes you think he is a "beast all around player"? His assist numbers are average, rebounding is average and he isn't even the most efficient scorer around with a 53% TS%. The only other thing that he is better than average it is playing passing lanes. He is much closer to being one dimensional than being an "all around beast".

Curry averages 3.5 rebounds per game in one of the fastest paces in the NBA. That is average at best from your point guard when it comes to rebounding.

Lee is the definition of empty stats. The only reason why he was a 20/10 player for the Knicks last season was because of D'Antoni's system and the fact that the Knicks had nobody else worth a damn on offense. It isn't a shock at all to see him averaging 16/9 this season because he is not a star player. He is a role player being paid star player money.

Biedrins sucks defensively. I don't know why he got the reputation as a defensive anchor or anything because he has never been that good of a defender. I guess it is probably because he was one of the few players who gave any sort of effort defensively for the Warriors with him blocking a few shots and grabbing a few boards.

I'm not saying that Curry and Ellis aren't nice pieces because they are (although Ellis is paid a little too much to my liking) but with the way you describe these players, you make it sound like they are all stars and not the 2nd/3rd option, role players and average bench bigs like they actually are.

It's not like you guys don't have hope. Get a postup player, let Curry develop, and you have a real chance at the playoffs. Even in the West. If you get rid of Biedrins, even better. Looking at the rosters of 5-8 in the West, GS isn't very far off at all. With the Don Nelson era over and the Jeremy Lin era on the rise, you guys will be fine.

• Owner

The Warriors need to stick their chest out and start trading away their bigger pieces. They need to deal Monta and Lee, and try to stick Biedrins in those deals as well.

I like Ellis as a scorer, but he's got this Iverson mentality...gambles a lot on the defensive end, doesn't know when to get anyone involved, and if you're going to use him, you have to build around him...nothing less. Just like Iverson, in that sense. I don't think AI could've survived in an offense with a PG that needed the ball. The Iverson in Denver had trouble here and there, because Melo wanted it quite a bit. A 2001 Iverson would've shut Melo out of the offense even more.

Problem is, you can't build around Ellis because he's not as good as AI was.

Do what you can to find an offensive post player, and a defensive anchor...do it by dealing Ellis, Lee and Biedrins, and whatever else it takes. Keep Curry, so he can do his job with the ball in his hands (run the offense), and figure out the rest in 2-3 years, as the team develops chemistry together.