Most dangerous team in East?

The Regime

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Who is the most dangerous team in the East? What team will make it to the Finals?

Boston Celtics-The Celtics lose their toughest player and defensive anchor in Kendrick Perkins, plus they have key injuries in their frontcourt. With that said, Boston's Big Three+Rondo are healthy and they have more chemistry and playoff experience collectively than any other team in the East.

Miami Heat-The Heat are 1-7 against the Elites (Spurs, Celtics, Mavericks, Lakers, Bulls) and the Knicks lose made them 14-15 against winning teams. They signed Mike Bibby which gives them a knockdown shooter but the fact of the matter is that outside the Big Three their isn't alot of talent on the roster. Miami has struggled to pull out close games, the clutch factor has been nonexistant.

Chicago Bulls-The Bulls have the second ranked defense in the league, and Derrick Rose is playing like an MVP. The roster has a good combination of veterans and young guys who have bought into Thib's philosophy. With the team finally getting healthy the Bulls are ready to make a push in the postseason. The Bulls have a noticibly weakness at sg which may end up haunting them.

Orlando Magic- The Magic have not improved since their trade headlined by Gilbert Arenas, Jason Richardon, and Hedo Turkoglu. Defensively, outside of Dwight Howard the team is full of one dimensional players. The Magic lack frontcourt size. Shooting can either get them deep into the playoffs or eliminated early.

Bulls. They match up so well with Miami. Rose can destroy them because they dont have any point guards to even contain him. Boozer is a physical matchup for Bosh who is soft. Noah is better and more active then any center they have. Aside from all that, the Bulls have good perimeter defenders to keep Lebron and Wade in check (Deng, Brewer), and Korver who has been on fire this season.

And who knows Boston better then Tom Thibedaou? He knows how to beat that team. The Celtics can match up well with the Bulls, but that series will likely go 7 games and whoever ends up with the 1 seed will have a crucial advantage.

Taking Celtics any day. Even though they're old, they're still the best team. And now that they have Murphy signed, they even more dangerous. I'm telling you, I won't be surprised if I see them in the finals this yeae

If I had to pick one team that wasn't the Heat I'd take Boston. Chicago's weakness at the 2 is going to haunt them come playoff time IMO. Boston has been there before and their big 4 is still intact even though they lost a lot of depth in the trades.

I still can't bet against Wade and LBJ in the postseason. They've proven in the past that they shine there and bringing in Bibby could do a lot for us down the stretch.

Umm, Miami of course. How many teams can we say might not be playing to their full potential on that list other than Miami? Come playoffs, it is going to be so hard to stop 2 superstars and all those jump shooters. This is a team that is just lacking focus it seems like to me.

Umm, Miami of course. How many teams can we say might not be playing to their full potential on that list other than Miami? Come playoffs, it is going to be so hard to stop 2 superstars and all those jump shooters. This is a team that is just lacking focus it seems like to me.

Because everyone hates the Heat and Chicago is the team that the media is pumping up right now with the "MVP" point guard. I like that people are forgetting about us though. It'll make things more interesting once the playoffs come.

• Owner

How are the Heat lacking focus? Teams are said to be gunning for them every single game, home and on the road, and they came into the league hyped about dominating everyone.

I'm sure they didn't "lack focus" against the Lakers on Christmas, so why are they lacking focus against the other 4-5 elite teams? Maybe the Lakers were lacking focus? If that's true, though, the Heat would be 0-7 against elite teams.

And how does the weakness at the SG position come back to haunt the Bulls? If that's true, what about the weakness at the point and the five for the Heat? Bibby is a horrible defender, and all he does is spot up...just like Miller, Jones, and House, who barely get to touch the ball as it is.

With that said, the most dangerous team in the East is the Heat, but not for the reasons stated. They are the most dangerous because there is only one West team that has the potential to beat them in a seven-game series, and it's because they have the defensive players to help negate their all-stars, and they also have an advantage at the five and at the point (Chalmers defends, but Fisher is way too strong).

I think Boston and Chicago would have trouble with more teams out West (specifically the Spurs and Mavs, the Thunder could be tough if Perkins is 100%), but I doubt any other West team can handle the Heat in seven.

Chicago...the loss of Perkins dropped Boston's credibility.

A team that I'd be afraid of is the Knicks....they just came together and proved they aren't all hype. Teams haven't seen enough of them and might not be prepared for what's about to hit them.

I think any team can make the ECF, but the only teams I see getting out are Boston or Chicago. Hopefully we'll see another epic 7 game series between the two.

If I had to pick one team that wasn't the Heat I'd take Boston. Chicago's weakness at the 2 is going to haunt them come playoff time IMO. Boston has been there before and their big 4 is still intact even though they lost a lot of depth in the trades.

I still can't bet against Wade and LBJ in the postseason. They've proven in the past that they shine there and bringing in Bibby could do a lot for us down the stretch.

I legit lol'd.

• Like 3

I legit lol'd.

Career averages in the playoffs:

29.3 PPG

8.4 RPG

7.3 APG

Nitro's posted at elngth about LBJ in the playoffs, I understand you're bitter but don't let that stop you from being objective.

Wow, Perkins might be the most overrated player in the history of the NBA. Why do people think he is so good?

Because he's probably the best defensive center in the league not named Dwight Howard.

• Like 1

• Owner

Wow, Perkins might be the most overrated player in the history of the NBA. Why do people think he is so good?

He's a top 3-4 defensive big, with Howard, Bogut and Horford. Not only that, but it sounded like your four most important players (KG, PP, RA, and RR) were pretty pissed that he was traded.

Boston was lucky to have him in 2008, and all I heard about in Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals was that the Celtics were going to have trouble without Perk, because of his defense, and all of Boston's excuses were surrounded by the fun fact that we had never defeated their starting lineup in the NBA Finals (which would've happened anyway, because according to you, Perkins is overrated).

Where do you guys get this stuff from? Watch some more ESPN highlights and keep pretending like you know basketball. Perk was a good man defender in the low post, but overall as a defender he was just average. The reason the Celtics have an elite defense is because of KG. You can see it in the numbers. When Perkins missed time, the numbers barely changed. Without KG, there is a significant increase in points allowed and opponents FG%.

And the reason he factored into game 7 of the Finals is because of the Celtics lack of depth at center. They had him and an out of shape Rasheed Wallace, that's it. Assuming they are healthy this year, they now have 4 centers.

Edited by Rajon Rondo

Where do you guys get this stuff from? Watch some more ESPN highlights and keep pretending like you know basketball. Perk was a good man defender in the low post, but overall as a defender he was just average. The reason the Celtics have an elite defense is because of KG. You can see it in the numbers. When Perkins missed time, the numbers barely changed. Without KG, there is a significant increase in points allowed and opponents FG%.

And the reason he factored into game 7 of the Finals is because of the Celtics lack of depth at center. They had him and an out of shape Rasheed Wallace, that's it. Assuming they are healthy this year, they now have 4 centers.

Lol, the reason the Celtics have an elite defense is the system that Thibodeau implemented which remained unchanged after he left and its the same reason Chicago is such a good defensive team this season. However, its very hard to find a better one on one post defender than Kendrick Perkins aside from Dwight.

Also, its not very smart right off the bat to make dumb comments like the one you made above telling people who have been on here for years that they don't know about basketball and just base everything off ESPN highlights.

• Like 3

Career averages in the playoffs:

29.3 PPG

8.4 RPG

7.3 APG

Nitro's posted at elngth about LBJ in the playoffs, I understand you're bitter but don't let that stop you from being objective.

And I understand you have a mouthfull of LBJ's nutsack, but don't let that stop you from remembering how he shit down his leg against Boston last year.

And I understand you have a mouthfull of LBJ's nutsack, but don't let that stop you from remembering how he shit down his leg against Boston last year.

Yeah, that triple double in game 6 was real bad, you're right.

B I want to hear your thoughts, agreement, or rebuttal to my post. ^_^

Bulls. They match up so well with Miami. Rose can destroy them because they dont have any point guards to even contain him. Boozer is a physical matchup for Bosh who is soft. Noah is better and more active then any center they have. Aside from all that, the Bulls have good perimeter defenders to keep Lebron and Wade in check (Deng, Brewer), and Korver who has been on fire this season.

And who knows Boston better then Tom Thibedaou? He knows how to beat that team. The Celtics can match up well with the Bulls, but that series will likely go 7 games and whoever ends up with the 1 seed will have a crucial advantage.

• Owner

B I want to hear your thoughts, agreement, or rebuttal to my post. ^_^

I don't think Deng or Brewer can contain LeBron or Wade. They didn't in the second meeting, and nobody stopped Wade in the first meeting (LeBron didn't play).

Don't really know about Rose doing well against them, either. So far, he hasn't shot well...pretty tough to really do much when LeBron and Wade are seeking blocks and turnovers.

If it's up to anyone, it'll be Deng. If he forces LeBron to defend him tight, it helps take James out of the picture (help defense) and also requires LeBron to spend some energy without the ball in his hands. When Deng was playing well on the offensive end, Wade was more aggressive. LBJ took 21 shots, and had no problem making them, but he also didn't get to the line as much as he usually does.

Brewer is irrelevant in that series. He gets lit up.

---------

As far as the Boston/Bulls series goes, I don't know. Without Perkins, the Bulls could do some damage. Rose's best game against the Celtics this season (and the only game Chicago won, out of the three), he went off...and it was because Garnett AND Perkins weren't playing.

Unlike Wade and LeBron, the duo of Allen and Pierce aren't elite help defenders. They don't go after the ball. Allen relies on Garnett and Perk to do a lot of the defensive dirty work, especially on the elite offensive players (which is what we see with Bryant, forcing the shot).

The key for Chicago will be working the two-man game, between Rose and Boozer. If Booz attacks Garnett (in the same manner Deng can go after LeBron), Rose will be staring in Troy Murphy or Glen Davis' eyes. He won't drive as much with Shaq in the paint, but then again, Shaq will more than likely be playing limited minutes, either due to foul trouble or just being gassed.

---------

There are a few that think the Bulls can make the Finals. I wish they would've gotten a two-guard that can do a little of everything. Brewer doesn't exactly do much for the offense (takes smart shots, but he's not aggressive enough to matter), and Keith Bogans is trash. Korver could play the two, but he's one of the worst defenders on the team, and would get killed against any all-star caliber player you stick in front of him.

Chicago is the second best defensive team in the NBA, but I'm afraid that their defensive intensity will dip a bit when they have to play the same elite team over and over again, every other night, in a series. In back-to-backs, the Bulls have struggled against the good teams, and even struggled winning games against bad ones.

LOSS vs. Celtics (OT)

LOSS vs. Spurs

WIN vs. Kings

WIN vs. Wolves

WIN vs. Suns (2OT)

WIN vs. Rockets (OT)

WIN vs. Wizards

WIN vs. Pistons (OT)

WIN vs. Cavs

LOSS vs. Nets

WIN vs. Celtics (no Perk or Garnett)

WIN vs. Heat (no LeBron)

LOSS vs. Bobcats

WIN vs. Pacers

WIN vs. Heat

Seven of the 11 wins are against teams under .500, and two of the four teams over .500 were missing players.

Tell me this team has to play Boston or Miami seven times, and suddenly, things change. Maybe Boston will show signs of age and slowing down a bit more (although, they never really do, for some weird reason), but there's no way the Heat will. LeBron and Wade on the break, every night, is staggering.

Boston having HCA hurts Chicago. The Heat having it changes everything as well. Right now, the top six teams in the NBA (SAS, BOS, MIA, DAL, LAL and CHI) all have winning road records...but Chicago is 15-13 on the road, tied for the seventh-best in the league (with Orlando), behind all of those named, plus the Hawks.

I hope I'm wrong, though, and that the Heat lose to the Sixers in the first round.