Most dangerous team in East?

The Regime

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well yeah I dont think they can stop either Wade or Lebron, Deng and Brewer will probably make them work though. If Bibby has to defend Rose though, watch out. Bosh is a huge key to Miamis success, the Bulls can take him out of it completely because of how physical their frontline players are. Id like to see the Bulls add Corey Brewer for extra perimeter defense, hes not a bad shooter either, that would be a great pickup for them.

I have to see how the Celtics play without Perkins. On one hand, they lose a big interior presence, but on the other, Jeff Green is another guy to throw at Lebron. <_<

• Owner

I'm going to take a guess and say that the Celtics are going to experiment with Garnett at the five, Green at the four. I'm not sure how that will work, though...but, even if they decide not to do that, they'll play Davis at the five, Green at the four. It won't be too bad against a team like Miami, but neither team has the scoring in that position to matter, unless Shaq finds the fountain of youth.

Plus, it's Dampier playing center now, and he's not afraid of Shaq. When Murphy comes in, I'm assuming Joel Anthony will find his way into the lineup, and if the Celtics play Garnett at the five, Spo will have Bosh there. Chess game.

Bibby will get lit up, but so did Chalmers. Rose had his trouble because of the way Miami rotates.

Unfortunately, Bibby is also one of the better three-point shooters in the NBA (shooting 43% and taking 4-5 per game), so that will distract Rose a bit, and make it harder for him to play off of Bibby on the defensive end.

Chicago...the loss of Perkins dropped Boston's credibility.

A team that I'd be afraid of is the Knicks....they just came together and proved they aren't all hype. Teams haven't seen enough of them and might not be prepared for what's about to hit them.

I think any team can make the ECF, but the only teams I see getting out are Boston or Chicago. Hopefully we'll see another epic 7 game series between the two.

I concur with this post

#thefishhasspoken

Edited by fish7718

I just put the Bulls even though I know they have gaping holes.

Each one of these teams has holes now though it is just about how the other team is going to line up and play.

Heat- Missing a Center/PG

Magic- Missing a 2nd option/scorer/defense

Celtics- Missing a center

Bulls- Missing a shooting guard.

• Owner

Watch some more ESPN highlights and keep pretending like you know basketball.

Haha, okay then...

Perk was a good man defender in the low post, but overall as a defender he was just average. The reason the Celtics have an elite defense is because of KG. You can see it in the numbers. When Perkins missed time, the numbers barely changed. Without KG, there is a significant increase in points allowed and opponents FG%.

Don't lie.

First off, all of KG's missed games this season (nine) were also missed games for Perkins. Anyway...

OPPONENT PPG, 2010-11 season

89.1 PPG with Perkins (1069 points)

91.9 PPG without Perkins (4229 points)

91.4 PPG without Perkins, but Garnett playing (3382 points)

Garnett's nine games missed, Perkins also missed, so there's no reason to even discuss them.

In the 12 games Perkins played, the opposing team scored over 96 points just once (101-97 loss to Dallas).

That team (with Perkins) held the Magic to 80 points, and the Blazers to 78. Phoenix just scored 88. The Lakers (best offense in the NBA) was held to 92 points. The Miami Heat? Held to 82 points.

So...without Perkins, and with a healthy Garnett, the Celtics allowed 91.4 PPG.

With Perkins and a healthy Garnett, the Celtics allowed 89.1 PPG.

----------

OPPONENT FG%, 2010-11 season

42.1% (403-958) with Perkins

43.6% (1230-2821) without Perkins, and with Garnett playing

So...without Perkins, and with a healthy Garnett, the Celtics allowed 43.6% FG.

With Perkins and a healthy Garnett, the Celtics allowed 42.1% FG.

And the reason he factored into game 7 of the Finals is because of the Celtics lack of depth at center. They had him and an out of shape Rasheed Wallace, that's it. Assuming they are healthy this year, they now have 4 centers.

Really? The truth is, the Celtics were lucky to play that out-of-shape Rasheed Wallace. They allowed just 83 points (their third best performance in the 24-game playoff run they had), and the only time they allowed 83 points or less was in the first two games of the first round, against the Miami Heat.

It also helped that Drew played just 18 minutes, and took five shots, and was in need of the surgery he received after the series was over.

Who defended Gasol in Game 7? It was Sheed, forcing Gasol into his third-worst shooting performance of our 23-game playoff run.

Garnett couldn't do a damn thing on the glass because Bryant and Gasol had a combined 33 boards, and Sheed, Pierce, Davis and Rondo were making up for it. Three total boards for Garnett.

Also, last season (and I remember seeing it on ESPN, before Game 7 and after Perkins' injury), the Celtics allowed 45% shooting with Garnett, and 45% shooting without, during the regular season.

Next time you take shots at the community here, make sure you have your facts straight. Half of these guys will bury you alive in a basketball debate.

• Like 4

I try to be as unbiased as I can at all times. I hate people who come on forums and are just on their favorite team's dick and hate on everything their rival does...

So, anyway, I am saying the Heat. Whenever you have a big three like that, I like them down the stretch. When Miller is hitting, and Jones, and the acquisition of Bibby should help a lot, I think they are the most 'dangerous' for sure. The best overall team? Ehh.. But I would not have to play LeBron and Wade is a 7 game series. No thanks.