Rose Reveals Text Message Sent To Recruit LeBron

Derrick Rose took a low-key approach to recruiting LeBron James this past summer.

James, who eventually signed with the Heat as a free agent, was being courted by the Bulls, among other teams.

In a Sports Illustrated article, Rose revealed that he sent James a text message saying: "I'm just hitting you up to kill all the rumors that I don't want to play with you. I'd like to play with you. I just want to win."

Chicago went on to sign a number of other free agents and they currently trail Miami by just a game for the second seed in the Eastern Conference.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/211710/Rose_Reveals_Text_Message_Sent_To_Recruit_LeBron

I wonder if Lebron knew it was Rose that texted him. I never understand how every NBA player know eachother's number. I bet Lebron just got a text message and had no idea who sent it lol

I wonder if Lebron knew it was Rose that texted him. I never understand how every NBA player know eachother's number. I bet Lebron just got a text message and had no idea who sent it lol

I wonder how many contacts LeBron has on his phone...

Nah, Lebron James had to get as far away from Cleveland as possible. A Chicago move was playing it too close. :)

Yeah he'd have to play Cleveland 4 times a year since it's the same division.