Which young player will...

Universe

Steppin' up  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

...step up the most and actually make an impact?

I didn't include Lee and Lopez in the poll because they have proven to be consistant players in the league but made a second poll on which one you think will have a better year. Which one do you think will have a better year?

You could go a few ways with the first question, being that we don't know what to expect from Yi after his workouts this summer. I gave it to him because I expect him to be the Yi we saw prior to his injury in 08-09 if not better. I'm also assuming he's a starter. I was also considering CDR with the talent we saw in the summer league, but of course, we need to see how much of that carries over to the NBA games.

As for the second question, I chose Lopez based on what we saw from him last season and the fact that he doesn't need to adjust as much as the Lee, the new guy. Lee, also, may not be the Lee we anticipate if he has troubles adjusting from a Finals team to a non-Finals team. Even more, is sharing the backcourt with Harris, and we'll have to see how much he will be able to contribute individually with an other scorer next to him.

I voted CDR for the first question. He has shown flashes of being a good player, I think this season he will come out of his shell and finally begin to play like he is capable of playing.

I voted Lee for the second question. This question could go either way really. Can you imagine Lee and Harris running the break? We could have one of the fastest back courts in the NBA. If Frank decides to push the ball frequently, which he should, Lee will be getting a ton of easy baskets. Plus Lee doesn't need the ball in his hands, he is excellent at moving without the ball so that won't be a problem since Harris likes to have the ball in his hands. Lee is also a great defender.

I went with Yi for the first question but it easily could be Sean Williams too merely on the fact that we lack centers compared to Terrence and Chris having to outplay Lee, Hayes, Hassell and Simmons for minutes.

I also picked Lopez just due to the fact that Frank said he'd be a main focus on offense this year.

well for the 1st question i think T-Will will be the best player because he will have the most oppurtunity to become a great player. The Nets are very high on him and I assume with him being a lottery pick he will get playing time to show what he can do. Yi I just dont trust, CDR i think will be a great backup but nothing else,and Boone, please. I would love it if Sean Williams became a great player for the Nets, but I just dont think he fits with this team.

And Lopez will easily have a better year I feel because they will be feeding him in the post alot this year. Lee should be good too, but I dont see him as an allstar caliber player. Lopez is a future allstar.

I said T-Will will be the better player, but career-wise. This season I guess I'll say Yi, I'd like to think it's Sean but idk if he has any offensive game yet. Terrence will eventually average his college stats in the league, making him the same dual (idk the word for 5-tool) threat. He scores, passes, rebounds, steals, and blocks. He'll never have a quintuple-double, but he might get close to a quadruple double at some point, given that he has the defensive mind and quickness to pick off a bunch of passes. If Sean ever develops an offensive game, he'll be a very good player, but until then he's just a freak athlete that blocks shots and rebounds, with a few dunks in there.

I said Courtney will have the better year, but I'm just too lazy to edit my vote. Brook will have a 16-12 campaign I think, while Courtney might chip in with another 16 points, but only a few rebounds and maybe 3 or 4 assists. His defense will be very valuable, but Brook has the better year in my mind, while both contribute. I think NJ actually has a shot at the 8 seed, even though I've heard people say this team will finish as low as last in the league. I think 38-40 wins isn't too impossible, if everyone contributes.