The Deron Effect

Universe

Since coming over in the trade from Utah, Deron Williams is averaging 15.8 points and 15.2 assists. Just as importantly, Brook Lopez is averaging 24.2 points, 8.2 rebounds and 2.8 blocks and Kris Humphries is averaging 15.8 points and 13.6 rebounds. The team as a whole is putting up 112 points and 28.2 assists a game, both tops in the NBA over the last five, and grabbing 47.4 rebounds, second in the league in that stretch.

Even Travis Outlaw has been rejuvenated...and D-Will hasn't even had a full practice yet!

http://www.netsdaily.com/2011/3/6/2033014/nets-jazzed-up-by-d-will-jazz-werent

That def isn't inflated by a triple overtime game vs the Raps where the Nets scored 137 points :rolleyes:

Lopez fouled out at the start of the second OT. He had 30 points, 13 boards, and 5 at the end of regulation. Deron had 19 points and 16 assists before OT, and Humphries had 16 points and 14 rebounds. We were tied at 110 heading into overtime.

If these numbers were capped off here, we may not be in the same standing for these stat categories, but these are impressive statistics regardless. Even ignoring numbers, we are a much faster-paced offense, and we've had few cold streaks in any of these recent games. All this without Deron participating in a practice since he arrived.

And Outlaw had his best (maybe only) clutch performance of the year. I don't need numbers to tell you that.

• Like 1

Lopez fouled out at the start of the second OT. He had 30 points, 13 boards, and 5 at the end of regulation. Deron had 19 points and 16 assists before OT, and Humphries had 16 points and 14 rebounds. We were tied at 110 heading into overtime.

If these numbers were capped off here, we may not be in the same standing for these stat categories, but these are impressive statistics regardless. Even ignoring numbers, we are a much faster-paced offense, and we've had few cold streaks in any of these recent games. All this without Deron participating in a practice since he arrived.

And Outlaw had his best (maybe only) clutch performance of the year. I don't need numbers to tell you that.

I was more referencing the 112 PPG than anything else, but I don't know how Deron makes Hump and Lopez better rebounders, because your faster paced? Still doesn't mean they are better rebounders just means they get more chances.

I was more referencing the 112 PPG than anything else, but I don't know how Deron makes Hump and Lopez better rebounders, because your faster paced? Still doesn't mean they are better rebounders just means they get more chances.

Humphries has been stacking the boards all year, but his contributions on the offensive end have increased. It's Lopez whose rebounds have gone up. The likely cause of that is that Avery had to adjust the playbook, which has placed Pez closer to the basket more often. Not only is he getting more opportunities to grab rebounds, but he's been an easy target for D-Will.

Humphries has been stacking the boards all year, but his contributions on the offensive end have increased. It's Lopez whose rebounds have gone up. The likely cause of that is that Avery had to adjust the playbook, which has placed Pez closer to the basket more often. Not only is he getting more opportunities to grab rebounds, but he's been an easy target for D-Will.

Or it's only been 5 games?

just wanted to say your avatar and sig look sexy..are those the real proposed designs for the logos?

No, 'bud'. I'm discussing basketball in the this forum, you are telling me to go to a Cavs forum and to shut up, if anyone needs to shut up it's you.

No your not adding anything to this discussion other than just negativity when no Nets fans go moan about the Knicks.

No your not adding anything to this discussion other than just negativity when no Nets fans go moan about the Knicks.

Has nothing to do with negativity to the Nets, if someone posted 'the Baron effect' and cited their performance in a few games I'd say the same thing. I say we give more than 5 games to see just how much Deron improves the Nets, aside from the fact he obviously improves them.

Has nothing to do with negativity to the Nets, if someone posted 'the Baron effect' and cited their performance in a few games I'd say the same thing. I say we give more than 5 games to see just how much Deron improves the Nets, aside from the fact he obviously improves them.

Then why put the rolling eyes? We aren't stupid. We can count the number of games played and we are allowed to get excited that our team is improving then dicks like you who are sour as shit come in.

Then why put the rolling eyes? We aren't stupid. We can count the number of games played and we are allowed to get excited that our team is improving then dicks like you who are sour as shit come in.

Why are you so offended by rolling of eyes? I posted that because the thing you posted said they were scoring 112 ppg since they got Deron, obviously that is severely inflated by a game where you scored 27 extra points in OT against one of the worst teams in the NBA. I'm not sour at all, stop being so touchy.

just wanted to say your avatar and sig look sexy..are those the real proposed designs for the logos?

Thanks, man! If I remember correctly, the avatar is fan-designed. Gr8ness is D-Will's persona. I changed up the Jazz colors from one of his t-shirts designs to make them Nets colors.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/37175_154534184586167_110734758966110_247772_3580199_n.jpg

As for the Brooklyn logo in my signature, the team sought trademark protection on the logo last month.

Why are you so offended by rolling of eyes? I posted that because the thing you posted said they were scoring 112 ppg since they got Deron, obviously that is severely inflated by a game where you scored 27 extra points in OT against one of the worst teams in the NBA. I'm not sour at all, stop being so touchy.

I forgot....overtime points don't count.

:lol:

Thanks, man! If I remember correctly, the avatar is fan-designed. Gr8ness is D-Will's persona. I changed up the Jazz colors from one of his t-shirts designs to make them Nets colors.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/37175_154534184586167_110734758966110_247772_3580199_n.jpg

As for the Brooklyn logo in my signature, the team sought trademark protection on the logo last month.

I hope they get some better colors for the logo. Not really feeling the grey.

Emo Nets fan are emo, Waldo the only one actually making points -_-

Sorry I'll never criticize the Nets again, it's obvious you guys can't handle it

And instead of responding to his points you are responding to us. Nice.

And instead of responding to his points you are responding to us. Nice.

I know. We don't go in acting like we watched the Knicks game but he knows more about the Nets than us completely.

And yes Waldo has the best points out of all of us cause he is the smartest and the dude is like eight years younger than me but least when he posts, he posts quality shit.