Spo: "There's a couple guys crying in the locker room"

The Regime

But do you really expect the bench to make that much of a difference in a game like this? We knew at the beginning of the season that this bench wasn't going to get it done and that the big three would have to carry the load. There are stretches in the game where the big three falls in love with that jumper, which results in no flow offensively, and there are times where their only option is putting their head down and driving to the hoop, which is immediately followed up with one of them throwing their hands up looking for a foul..

They need to be smarter with the ball, Bosh needs to stay aggressive the way he did in the first half, and they need to stop worrying about giving eachother the proper amount of touches. If someone has it going on offense, keep feeding him the rock.

that's the truth. they need to be slashing. Spo should give James Jones more minutes and encourage Wade/LeBron to cut more. that way, they can penetrate and get Jones some open looks.

I guess my point is that six points won't get it done. even if the big three combined for 80 today, they still would have lost. that's scary imo.

But you can't really blame everything on him... LeBron and Wade has been making some mental errors, and Bosh is still trying to find his comfort zone in this offense. Not to mention the bench has been terrible.

You really haven't given Spo a fair shot. As soon as this teams hits adversity, you jump on the "fire Spo bandwagon". You of all people know Riley won't make a decision to fire him right now, he is fully invested in making Spo the longterm coach.

If anything, you gotta blame the big three for not getting it done down the stretch.

Its tough to blame a game like this on them when you get 0 bench production. I've tried with Spo, but at the end of the day it seems like when we win its because we just have more talent than everyone else. I've been critical of his adjustments or lack thereof and his rotations since he took over as coach here have been a mystery to every Heat fan.

The Big 3 really can't be blamed for this one.

that's the truth. they need to be slashing. Spo should give James Jones more minutes and encourage Wade/LeBron to cut more. that way, they can penetrate and get Jones some open looks.

I guess my point is that six points won't get it done. even if the big three combined for 80 today, they still would have lost. that's scary imo.

actually, that last sentence is incorrect. I forgot about the 11 scored by Chalmers. still, it would have been close. :)

Its tough to blame a game like this on them when you get 0 bench production. I've tried with Spo, but at the end of the day it seems like when we win its because we just have more talent than everyone else. I've been critical of his adjustments or lack thereof and his rotations since he took over as coach here have been a mystery to every Heat fan.

yeah, they're just not getting enough from the bench. when the Heatles combine for 69 at home, Miami should be able to win. they just couldn't get any scoring from the reserves. Miller and Bibby played over 40 minutes combined and scored a point. that can't happen. I think Haslem is a huge loss. he was the anchor of the bench and the heart of the team. once they get him back, the bench should be much improved, but still not great overall.

• Owner

These bench players aren't going to produce if they are getting one shot attempt per quarter.

It was obvious the Heat's second unit was going to struggle, but all I heard was how they would keep one superstar in at all times, to negate that.

Well, it's not working, because this isn't a team. It's one superstar doing work, one watching him and happy he doesn't have to do as much as he did last year, an all-star that nobody cares about, and a bunch of shooters that mean absolutely nothing to the team for 50% of the game.

Kobe and Shaq were averaging 24 and 20 in 2003-04, both in their primes (Shaq was still in his, really), and it was to fit in Malone and Payton...two guys who were actually old vets that weren't in their primes. Had Malone not been injured, who knows what that LA/DET series would've produced.

LeBron wants to drop 40 on all of these teams. He holds back a bit, but he still gets into that mode and misses a lot of wide-open shooters. Wade goes 5-6 minutes without attempting a shot, gets cold, and he's done. All the while, these bench players playing behind James, Wade and Bosh will sit the bench and get cold knees, come out late in the third and look bad.

Plus, everyone on the team not named LeBron is scared to death to handle the ball.

It's LeBron's city, and he'll go down in flames with it before he turns into Scottie Pippen, and no coach or player (not even Riley) will do anything about that, the same way Phil couldn't do anything about the Kobe/Shaq feud.

• Like 3