DeRozan to get More Late Game Touches

DeMar DeRozan scored 30 points in each of Toronto's two games in London. He is averaging 21.1 points per game in the seven games since the break.

“His game is starting to evolve even more than we probably expected it to just because he’s had the basketball and he’s had the experience of having the ball in his hands a lot more, and he’s playing a lot more minutes than we thought he would,” Jay Triano said. “It looks effortless sometimes just the way he creates a shot.”

DeRozan could see a lot more of the ball in late-game situations.

“I love it. I love it,” DeRozan said of getting the ball down the stretch. “It’s an adrenaline rush. It’s fun. It’s definitely a challenge.”

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/211954/DeRozans_Shot_Creation_Will_Mean_More_Late_Game_Shots#ixzz1G4Gyp51T

Might as well considering how futile it has been giving the ball to Bargnani down the stretch. It is just another area of his game that he will have to develop if he is going to be more than an average shooting guard in the NBA. I'm not expecting much considering he still isn't very good at creating his own shot off of the bounce, but it will be nice to see something other than a Bargnani iso from 25 feet away (seriously, who draws up an iso for a 7'0 from 25 feet away?).

The guy who I think is the best suited to get touches down the stretch is actually Jerryd Bayless, believe it or not. He is without a doubt the best player on the team at beating his man one-on-one and could really open things up for teammates with his ability to get into the paint, should he actually pass the ball. Too bad with Calderon ont he team he will rarely, if ever, get the opportunity to play in these kind of situations.

Edited by Built Ford Tough