Is This Mavs Team For Real?

I want to think that they aren't, because usually they're the team that always kills it in the regular season but fades in the playoffs. However, this year they seem for real. Especially with Tyson Chandler in the middle. It'll be tough to beat LA and San Antonio but they have a shot. I want 0 part of them if we make it to the finals.

• Owner

They finally have a defensive anchor. Their defense has dropped off a bit, though. At one point, they were top six in the league (possibly better, but that's just where they were when I checked in earlier in the season).

When you have a legit primary option, shooters, and defense...you're going to win games. Experience helps, and they have it. Carlisle isn't a no-name coach. They have the ingredients to cause damage in the playoffs.

Do I think they'll beat the Lakers? Probably not...and that's me trying to stay unbiased. However, it wouldn't be a reach to say they can get to the WCF, and take the Lakers to seven, assuming Drew is in and out of the lineup all series. If he's playing to his potential, and able to stay in the game and out of foul trouble, it's a different story.

• Like 1

I think so...I was very impressed with them when I watched them play the Knicks. I love their depth. They bring guys off the bench, and you don't even realize they are no longer playing their starters.

At the beginning of the year, I was all for Nowitizki winning MVP. But the more I watch this team, I realize he doesn't have to do nearly as much as he did in the past.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did make it to the finals. They have alot of pieces, and the addition of Brewer just makes them that much better. I really hope they make it but at the same time I can't imagine Mark Cuban in the finals, that would be the worst.

I would say the talent level might be a bit lower than the one in the 2006 team due to the loss of Butler, but this team is still great. Great coach, great players in the clutch, great bench depth, they should be able to give a fight to whatever other team they face in the WCF or the semi-finals.