Your Final Four/National Champion?

ChosenOne

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Napier isn't great, I like Lamb more, Oriaki s a good center though true.

But UCONN is a good team but not great. You have to not have one single slip up in the NCAA tournament...I doubt they will have a flawless 10 games in a row...I'd say most teams that make runs like that in the Big East tournament generally end up doing poorly in the NCAA Tournament.

Part of why I like them so much is the region that they're in. If they get passed SDSU, then they matchup favorably with everyone else in that region. Arizona nor Duke can out-rebound them with Smith and Oriahki down there. Texas is the only team who can rebound with them.

Edited by Charlie Sheen

the only reason I REALLY like UConn is because they are in a great position that will benefit them - they are on a roll. They have just beat several good teams in a row, and they have momentum going in(look at Green Bay needing to beat NYG/Chi back to back to get into the playoffs in the NFL). I need a bit of help with my bracket though, the southeast region is KILLING me. I know UF is overrated, but I don't know if MSU or UCLA could realistically defeat them and if it is worth a gamble since UF has an easy enough road to get to the elite 8. Pitt is also being discussed as an upset prone team, but I don't know if that is a good pick or not either.

http://i.imgur.com/lmM8e.png

I just can't see anyone beating Duke if Kyrie Irving is playing. He just adds a whole different dimension to an already stacked team. With the way Nolan Smith is playing, it will be very tough for anyone to beat them.

BTW, I've changed my bracket for the third time, I just can't make up my mind.

• Owner

I just can't see anyone beating Duke if Kyrie Irving is playing. He just adds a whole different dimension to an already stacked team. With the way Nolan Smith is playing, it will be very tough for anyone to beat them.

I'm almost in the same boat, but the problem is, even the best players (especially in college) can be detrimental to their team if they are trying to play through injuries.

I'm almost in the same boat, but the problem is, even the best players (especially in college) can be detrimental to their team if they are trying to play through injuries.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/212251/Singler_Says_Irving_Hasn%E2%80%99t_Missed_A_Beat

If this is all true, and he is indeed 100% (or close to it), I don't see him being a detriment to the team. Whenever Nolan was on the bench, they had Curry running the point and he really doesn't have the ability to be a playmaker in the offense, and they ended up resorting to jacking up three's. Now with Kyrie, it allows Nolan and Singler to play off the ball more, which makes the offense even more lethal.

I absolutely hate Duke more than any other program in the NCAA, but I'm leaning strongly towards choosing them as my National Champion. It's either them or Kansas now, I originally had Purdue beating Kansas in the Elite 8, but I just think they rely too heavily on Johnson and Moore.

Yeah they're definitely the favorite in that bracket that's for sure. Good to see I'm not the only one not drinking the Ohio St. kool-aid in their bracket. I have the Cuse eliminating them in the Sweet 16 but UNC winning that region.

I'm not even sure how that is possible.

But my final 4 right now:

OSU

San Diego St.

Kansas

Pitt

OSU and Kansas are locks for me, still unsure about SD St. or Duke, and still not 100% on Pitt. I think ODU will give Pitt a run for their money in the 2nd round, but there just aren't that many good teams in that region. UF is over-seeded, BYU isn't the same without Davies, Wisc and KSU are overrated, St. John's lost DJ Kennedy. Hell, even Gonzaga could take that region. :lol:

I'm not even sure how that is possible.

But my final 4 right now:

OSU

San Diego St.

Kansas

Pitt

OSU and Kansas are locks for me, still unsure about SD St. or Duke, and still not 100% on Pitt. I think ODU will give Pitt a run for their money in the 2nd round, but there just aren't that many good teams in that region. UF is over-seeded, BYU isn't the same without Davies, Wisc and KSU are overrated, St. John's lost DJ Kennedy. Hell, even Gonzaga could take that region. :lol:

JK I meant Kentucky lol.

Part of why I like them so much is the region that they're in. If they get passed SDSU, then they matchup favorably with everyone else in that region. Arizona nor Duke can out-rebound them with Smith and Oriahki down there. Texas is the only team who can rebound with them.

You raise a good point with the rebounding. That should help them for sure. But, let's not forget they could lose to Cincy if Cincy advances...Cincy is a pretty underrated big east team that can beat anyone in the big east...so let's not count them out. Duke is a good defensive team, they'd D up Walker pretty well if they were to meet each other too. And SDSU can D up as well - let's not forget they did just beat the top scorer in the nation in Jimmer.

Duke has trouble defending down low. Jordan Williams always seems to play well against them. For me though, Duke is definitely a final four team with or without Kyrie. Obviously Irving adds another great talent, but even without him they are pretty damn good. And also don't ignore team chemistry on the court - throwing a new guy into games like this is going to be a majo risk considering he hasn't played since December in live game action.

You raise a good point with the rebounding. That should help them for sure. But, let's not forget they could lose to Cincy if Cincy advances...Cincy is a pretty underrated big east team that can beat anyone in the big east...so let's not count them out. Duke is a good defensive team, they'd D up Walker pretty well if they were to meet each other too. And SDSU can D up as well - let's not forget they did just beat the top scorer in the nation in Jimmer.

Duke has trouble defending down low. Jordan Williams always seems to play well against them. For me though, Duke is definitely a final four team with or without Kyrie. Obviously Irving adds another great talent, but even without him they are pretty damn good. And also don't ignore team chemistry on the court - throwing a new guy into games like this is going to be a majo risk considering he hasn't played since December in live game action.

Cincy worried me when I saw them in the bracket, but UCONN beat them by double digits a couple weeks ago at Cincy.

SDSU is the only team that I think has a shot to beat UCONN but I wouldn't be putting too much stock in a win over BYU lately. They just aren't the same without Davies. They'll have a hard time advancing far this year.

Elite 8:

Ohio St vs Syracuse

Duke vs UConn

Louisville vs Notre Dame

Pittsburgh St. John's

Final Four:

Ohio St vs Duke

Notre Dame vs Pittsburgh

Final:

Duke vs Pittsburgh

:lmao:

Well you can't use only Jordan as an example because he is the best big man in the ACC. But adding Kyrie in my eyes should benefit them more than anything else simply because he's an elite PG at this level, and lets everyone go back to their normal roles on the team.