Top 50 WWE superstars of all time

Voted on by the superstars

http://dvdmedia.ign.com/dvd/image/article/112/1126806/wwe-top-50-superstars-of-all-time-20101008003815312-000.jpg

Complete list and my reaction/thoughts/predictions

#50 – Killer Kowalski

#49 – Batista

#48 – “Ravishing” Rick Rude

#47 – Bob Backlund

#46 – Dory Funk Jr.

#45 – Jeff Hardy

#44 – Nick Bockwinkel

#43 – Kane

#42 – Sgt. Slaughter

#41 – Jack Brisco

#40 – Big Show

#39 – Jake “The Snake” Roberts

#38 – “Superstar” Billy Graham

#37 – Junkyard Dog

#36 – Gorilla Monsoon

#35 – “Nature Boy” Buddy Rogers

#34 – Kurt Angle

#33 – Mick Foley

#32 – “Superfly” Jimmy Snuka

#31 – The Iron Sheik

#30 – Pat Patterson

#29 – Randy Orton

#28 – “Classie” Freddie Blassie

#27 – The Fabulous Moolah

#26 – “The Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase

#25 – Chris Jericho

#24 – Bruno Sammartino

#23 – Hulk Hogan

#22 – Terry Funk

#21 – Lou Thesz

#20 – Jerry “The King” Lawler

#19 – Edge

#18 – N/A

#17 – Dusty Rhodes/Ric Flair (Tie)

#16 – John Cena

#15 – “Mr. Perfect” Curt Hennig

#14 – “Macho Man” Randy Savage

#13 – Gorgeous George

#12 – Triple H

#11 – Eddie Guerrero

#10 – “Rowdy” Roddy Piper

#9 – Rey Mysterio

#8 – Andre The Giant

#7 – Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat

#6 – Harley Race

#5 – The Rock

#4 – Bret “The Hitman” Hart

#3 – Stone Cold Steve Austin

#2 – The Undertaker

#1 – Shawn Michaels

When I was watching and I saw Hulk at #23 I tried to call the top 5

my first guess

5. HBK

4. Undertaker

3. The Rock

2. Ric Flair

1. Stone Cold

when I saw Flair at 17 I guess again

5. Hit Man

4. HBK

3. Undertaker

2. The Rock

1. Stone Cold

I was so pumped to call the top 5 :)

Interesting order they put them in though... I thought for sure when Rock was 5 and hitman 4 hbk would be 3, taker beating him twice 2, SCSA one....

Edited by fish7718

The Rock should be higher than #5 and Chris Jericho and Kurt Angle are WAY too low. Randy Orton and John Cena shouldn't even be on the list, so many guys from the Attitude Era were much better wrestlers.

The Rock should be higher than #5 and Chris Jericho and Kurt Angle are WAY too low. Randy Orton and John Cena shouldn't even be on the list, so many guys from the Attitude Era were much better wrestlers.

Thing about The Rock is he had such a short career compared to everyone else and his in ring fighting skills were not great, although he had some gice moves like the kip-up and the float over DDT he wasn't much more than a guy who took punishment until he nailed a spinebuster or caught someone slipping and nailed the rock bottom. His entertaining skills are #1 without a doubt.

Hogan should be first despite being the most overrated ever, he still put wrestling on the map and without him (and moreso Vinny Mac) wrestling would still just be a sideshow performance going town to town, rather than what it is today.

Rock and Austin go interchangably 2/3 as they ushered in the most popular era of wrestling we will EVER see. Period. They made wrestling cool, which we never know if that will happen again.

If this list is being made on talent alone, rather than drawing/star power, then Michaels is arguably first, but Flair should be way closer to the top as well. But then if it is based on overall talent, Rock probably isn't even top 15, the guy was exciting and the best promo man, but he couldn't wrestle. Guys like Jericho, Angle, etc would easily all be top 10-5.

Pretty horrible list overall, but you can tell they were going for controversy. There seems to be no one way they made the list by.

Edited by Check my Stats
  • Like 1

Hogan should be first despite being the most overrated ever, he still put wrestling on the map and without him (and moreso Vinny Mac) wrestling would still just be a sideshow performance going town to town, rather than what it is today.

Rock and Austin go interchangably 2/3 as they ushered in the most popular era of wrestling we will EVER see. Period. They made wrestling cool, which we never know if that will happen again.

If this list is being made on talent alone, rather than drawing/star power, then Michaels is arguably first, but Flair should be way closer to the top as well. But then if it is based on overall talent, Rock probably isn't even top 15, the guy was exciting and the best promo man, but he couldn't wrestle. Guys like Jericho, Angle, etc would easily all be top 10-5.

Pretty horrible list overall, but you can tell they were going for controversy. There seems to be no one way they made the list by.

WWE wasn't going for anything the list was made based purely off the voting of the wrestlers, at least thats what they kept saying in the DVD.

Ric Flair was robbed.

Ric Flair didn't do shit in the WWE. I know they own all the rights to everything that happened in WCW and everything in an NWA territory, but he was never much of a superstar in the WWE

I agree that The Rock wouldn't be in the top 15 based on talent but you're stretching it by saying he couldn't wrestle because he could. Cena, Orton and most all the stars of today can't wrestle.

• Owner

Ric Flair didn't do shit in the WWE. I know they own all the rights to everything that happened in WCW and everything in an NWA territory, but he was never much of a superstar in the WWE

They can't erase what he has done. The WCW is now the WWE. They even bought Flair's championship belt (it's basically his, as many times as he wore it). If they are going to disregard what he has done with that belt around his waist, they need to throw the belt in the trash and go on with their shitty weekly shows.

• Owner

By the way...

#17 – Dusty Rhodes/Ric Flair (Tie)

#16 – John Cena

#15 – “Mr. Perfect” Curt Hennig

#14 – “Macho Man” Randy Savage

#13 – Gorgeous George

#12 – Triple H

#11 – Eddie Guerrero

#10 – “Rowdy” Roddy Piper

#9 – Rey Mysterio

#8 – Andre The Giant

#7 – Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat

#6 – Harley Race

#5 – The Rock

#4 – Bret “The Hitman” Hart

#3 – Stone Cold Steve Austin

#2 – The Undertaker

#1 – Shawn Michaels

Harley Race didn't do a damn thing for the WWF, except feud with JYD and win the KOTR once.

Steamboat won the IC title once (it was against Savage at WM), and that's about it. Excellent match, but his best days were when he was feuding with Flair in the NWA.

Gorgeous George was the AWA.

None of those had more of an impact than Flair did in the WWF (and that's the WWF alone, not considering his entire career).

The list is trash.

-----

As far as Flair not being a WWF/WWE superstar goes, Flair won the Rumble, won the WWF world title twice. He feuded with Hogan and Savage, fought Taker at WM, fought Vince, was part of Evolution and ended up feuding with HHH, beat Foley in an "I Quit" match, and had a MOTY against HBK (the retirement match).

How was he not a superstar in the WWF/WWE?

I agree that The Rock wouldn't be in the top 15 based on talent but you're stretching it by saying he couldn't wrestle because he could. Cena, Orton and most all the stars of today can't wrestle.

John Cena is as good, or probably even better, than the Rock technically in the ring. Rock might have more exciting of matches, but all he could do was punch and kick, and his finishers, which is fine, but he was a horrible wrestler.

Also Randy Orton is a really good wrestler, one of the best in the business in my opinion.

Rock could put on an excellent show, but he could not wrestle. Same can be said about Austin, to a lesser extent, after he broke his neck. Those guys could tell a story and were athletic, but they were not Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Ric Flair, etc, in the ring.

Also let's get serious, Flair and Hogan are both top 5 more likely than not if they aren't in that other wrestling company tits and ass.

Edited by Check my Stats

John Cena is as good, or probably even better, than the Rock technically in the ring. Rock might have more exciting of matches, but all he could do was punch and kick, and his finishers, which is fine, but he was a horrible wrestler.

Also Randy Orton is a really good wrestler, one of the best in the business in my opinion.

Rock could put on an excellent show, but he could not wrestle. Same can be said about Austin, to a lesser extent, after he broke his neck. Those guys could tell a story and were athletic, but they were not Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Ric Flair, etc, in the ring.

Also let's get serious, Flair and Hogan are both top 5 more likely than not if they aren't in that other wrestling company tits and ass.

I totally disagree 50% of wrestling is acting, and John Cena might know how to do moves better, he is not a good in ring performer. The Rock is under rated a bit because he knew how to sell moves and had a nice quick style and could capture the emotion of the crowd better.