Are 82 games too many?

The Truth

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd drop it to 62 games. 3 games against your division. 2 games against everyone else. I think the season is too long. Games throughout the year need to mean something, not just the latter half which is usually just for playoff seeding.

I think the NFL and NASCAR are so popular because of this. Their seasons are comprised of very few events per team compared to their season length (NFL: 16 games in 5 months, NASCAR Sprint Cup: 36 races in 10 months).

The NBA's season has half as many games as the MLB. Actually think about that. The strain that NBAers go through game-to-game, season-to-season compared to non-pitching MLBers is not even close.

Great idea!! Couldn't have made it better!

Sometimes for a Lakers fan it is :P but nah... not really - just simply gives me something to tune into and look forward to every week. But like RD said, I'm sure the players themselves would want the # of games reduced a bit. Heck some are a bit against playing on Christmas even (or maybe it's just the coaches who think so, but I'm sure the players are no different).

Forget making the season shorter, how about making games shorter.

How many damn TV timeouts do we need? And how about those painfully long timeouts, half-times, and between quarters during national TV games.

I love watching international games because they have a nice flow and are over quick.

Edited by ?QuestionMark?

Forget making the season shorter, how about making games shorter.

How many damn TV timeouts do we need? And how about those painfully long timeouts, half-times, and between quarters during national TV games.

I love watching international games because they have a nice flow and are over quick.

yep. this is probably the best solution imo. like I said, I think there should be two 20 minutes halves. it would make the games a lot more watchable for most fans. I'd be alright with keeping it at 82 games if this was the case.

also, there's too many damn fouls called in today's game. they need to the let the guys play sometimes. it makes things a lot more exciting. I hate sitting there and watching a whistle fest.