Proposition Neg Rep 2

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Exactly, Sacha makes a lot of dumb and annoying posts so therefore he would get a lot of these negative reps.

Lol that isn't what Yugo was trying to say at all.

As for the neg rep, do not want.

It's cause of [expletive]ing idiots like this guy and Prodigy and some others that only come to OTR to bash on Swish and fail at backseat modding.

How are we going to encourage new members to keep posting if we keep scaring them away and attempt to get them banned all the time? I was for the neg rep, until I saw some of the posts in this thread.

It's really getting pathetic. Do you come to OTR to discuss basketball or pick on people to get a little green mark saying plus one next to your name to make up for your sad life outside of the internet?

Honestly, the whole rep system is retarded now.

A lengthy, well thought article by Erick or another writer will get one or two reps if lucky, but a "go play with your baseball cards" post will get 5+.

I agreed with you until that, Erick, Nitro and others got tons of reps for their basketball posts. Plus the baseball cards thing is hilarious.

It's cause of [expletive]ing idiots like this guy and Prodigy and some others that only come to OTR to bash on Swish and fail at backseat modding.

How are we going to encourage new members to keep posting if we keep scaring them away and attempt to get them banned all the time? I was for the neg rep, until I saw some of the posts in this thread.

It's really getting pathetic. Do you come to OTR to discuss basketball or pick on people to get a little green mark saying plus one next to your name to make up for your sad life outside of the internet?

A lengthy, well thought article by Erick or another writer will get one or two reps if lucky, but a "go play with your baseball cards" post will get 5+.

this is true. it seems the most immature posts are the ones that get the most rep.

Just get rid of the entire rep system imo. It will stop a lot of the baiting. I'm all for poking fun at other members but some of us seem to be doing it in areas outside of off-topic which derails the purpose of this board.

The only thing I like about the rep system is that sometimes I'll +1 a post instead of just quoting it and saying "I agree".

• Like 2

Positive rep isn't the problem, I give reps to smart posts, and funny posts.

Having a limited neg rep 2-3 won't cause much abuse.

You know what, if Real Deal does put in neg rep put 2 instead of 3.

Edited by Yugonomics

I would like it if the rep system only applied to the basketball/sport forums to be honest. Not sure if that's possible or what, but people getting repped for being insulting/"funny" is pretty annoying.

I don't really care much about the rep system anyways since it lacks credibility. It's a nice thing to have, but negative rep is just a bad idea, people get too personal.

• Like 1

It's really getting pathetic. Do you come to OTR to discuss basketball or pick on people to get a little green mark

saying plus one next to your name to make up for your sad life outside of the internet?

I was just speaking the truth ad being honest. I admit that I am immature at times and give shit to Sacha but a lot of others do also.

I was just speaking the truth ad being honest. I admit that I am immature at times and give shit to Sacha but a lot of others do also.

that's why you do it.. You all hating on me because you're just following the others.. I didn't do anything wrong except spam like an idiotic 2 years old child who wants to advertise his first website. I decided to give up on spamming and focus on helping communities.. anyways, other than that I didn't do anything wrong. I help on activity, post good topics etc. I have to admit my english isn't like some of yours guys, but I try my best.

that's why you do it.. You all hating on me because you're just following the others.. I didn't do anything wrong except spam like an idiotic 2 years old child who wants to advertise his first website. I decided to give up on spamming and focus on helping communities.. anyways, other than that I didn't do anything wrong. I help on activity, post good topics etc. I have to admit my english isn't like some of yours guys, but I try my best.

lmao... First of all, I don't follow anyone and say whatever I wanna say when you post something retarded which is often. And don't say your done with spamming because you've done it plenty of times after getting caught for it so no one knows when you'll actually stop being an idiot and give up on your whack sites.

Edited by Prodigy
  • Like 1

In all honesty I think Swish well on his way to becoming a decent poster. Like Yugo said, Swish doesn't have a great understanding of the English language (at least when he's typing) and that has been his achilles heel as far as posting goes.

Instead of attacking him it would be nice if some of the veteran posters around here would tolerate or even help out the new blood. I seriously doubt every single one of us made all these amazing posts and whatnot when you started out. I know I didn't when I was around Swish's age.

• Like 3

hey Swish, I had never had a problem with you, man. you like basketball and you're an active member - that's all that matters to me. my advice to you would be to just ignore people. anywhere you post, there's going to be immature members. they'll criticize you for anything and everything - it's just who they are. if you respond to their insults, they're just going to want to do it more. if you ignore them and post about basketball, they'll eventually ease off. I've been posting on forums for five years now, and that's the one thing I've learned about trolls.

honestly bro, you're a much better poster than I was at your age. you're already really active, which is great. don't worry about appeasing other members - just stay true to yourself, continue to study the game, and everything else will fall into place. hey, I've been doing this for years now and I've never been one of the 'popular guys' on the forum. I'm not a people person - it's just not my thing. people throw insults at me all the time and I still keep coming back. I won't let anyone get in the way of what I enjoy, and that's posting about basketball. as soon as you learn to disregard them and just do you, things will get better.

here's to basketball. :drunk:

Agree with 100% of everything Legacy said in this thread. Its only asking for problems if we do this as well. Too many dumb grudges are held here anyways and this would probably have things turn real personal and this forum doesn't need that at all.

• Owner

Man..... Swish has a bad name here huh? lol

Not really a bad name. I think things were carried over from another site that ruthlessly threw him into the dirt, and the idea is to try and repair that image.

The truth is, Swish came over here and was posting things he read from others, basically repeating everything, almost a copy/paste from other posts. He also decided to spam OTR.

However, there's no denying he's trying to change, and progressing. I had a talk with him about how to recruit without spamming, and he has done a good job trying to follow that. Also, his posts are better. He admits to having trouble with English, but the content is what I look at, and he's putting his own thoughts into it now.

As odd as it sounds, we like to mold our posters. You won't find many trolls here, if any at all. The members are pretty close, as far as a community goes, and some can't fit in so quickly, which leads to their departure (unfortunately, but possibly a good thing for both parties). I set high expectations on everyone on my "team" (good way to state it), and if they don't meet those expectations, it's not a big deal as long as the member is doing his/her best and following our guidelines.

I'd like to think we have the most intelligent group of basketball posters out there. We have a lot of fans that watch much more than their favorite team, and that's what separates us from most.

It's honestly difficult to fit in at first, because I started OTR in 2005...but you just have to hang in there and breathe fire for a while, and people will notice.

• 1 year later...
(...) As odd as it sounds, we like to mold our posters. You won't find many trolls here, if any at all. The members are pretty close, as far as a community goes, and some can't fit in so quickly, which leads to their departure (unfortunately, but possibly a good thing for both parties). I set high expectations on everyone on my "team" (good way to state it), and if they don't meet those expectations, it's not a big deal as long as the member is doing his/her best and following our guidelines.

And that's what I love about this place!!

I'd like to think we have the most intelligent group of basketball posters out there. We have a lot of fans that watch much more than their favorite team, and that's what separates us from most.

It's honestly difficult to fit in at first, because I started OTR in 2005... but you just have to hang in there and breathe fire for a while, and people will notice.

Bumpey...

We can neg people now? (...)

For some reason we can't:

Action failed: You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day

^ And that was my first try.

RD, you wanna share something? :dribble:

Edited by Sℏãℓïʠ

I thought negatives were a good idea until i went through and read this thread. Probably just better to leave it out. We know that sometimes on here, discussions turn into full out arguments, and when those arguments start getting personal, the neg feature would just be abused.

Another note, somebody mentioned if there was a possibility to make it so you can only give positive reps in the actual basketball parts of the site and not the off topic part. That would probably be a good idea so that positive reps don't really get misleading. What i mean by that is that someone could have the most reps on the site just because they might be "the funniest" or maybe post the best GIF's or something in the random thread, and they don't have any positives on any of their posts in actual basketball discussions. Just a thought.

• Like 1

I thought negatives were a good idea until i went through and read this thread. Probably just better to leave it out. We know that sometimes on here, discussions turn into full out arguments, and when those arguments start getting personal, the neg feature would just be abused.

Hmmm, +1 for that one.

Another note, somebody mentioned if there was a possibility to make it so you can only give positive reps in the actual basketball parts of the site and not the off topic part. That would probably be a good idea so that positive reps don't really get misleading. What i mean by that is that someone could have the most reps on the site just because they might be "the funniest" or maybe post the best GIF's or something in the random thread, and they don't have any positives on any of their posts in actual basketball discussions. Just a thought.

Great idea! Do it, B. ;)