My lack of posting as of late...

The reason I haven't been posting as much as I have (especially this weekend), is because Friday morning, I got into a car accident that totaled the car we were driving. The air bags deployed saving both my mom's and my life. Happened at 6:50AM about 5 minutes away from home. We came out of the accident scratch free and bruise free. It was a three car accident. I wasn't paying any attention as I was looking down playing a game on m phone.... Here is what happened.

We were in the left lane, I believe the car in front of us was in the left lane. He hit a lady in front of him who was turning right. Now obviously, that doesn't make any sense at all since there is both a left and right lane. So either the lady was making an illegal right turn...or he was in the right lane, saw that she was turning right, decided to try and go around her by going into the left lane. He ended up clipping the driver side of her car sending her spinning down the street she was turning, he then slammed on his breaks. We didn't have any time at all to break (though my mom did) and she tried to stop but smashed right into the back of him.

Like I said, either she was making an illegal right turn or he was either trying to go around her when she was turning by going into the left lane, or he was in both lanes for some stupid reason and clipped her. Her car had a ding or so on her driver side as well as a flat passenger tire. His car's back bumper was messed up (from us smashing into him at 35MPH, the speed limit) and our car was toast. So one of them initiated the three car crash. The guy behind us almost hit us as well but was able to avoid it. I wish we would have gotten his name but he drove off because he had to go to work, though he did check to make sure we were okay, which we were.

So after the entire thing ended, filed the report, contacted the insurance companies, my mom and I still went back to work at about 10:30AM. The reason we went back to work is because our work does NOT offer any sick or personal days (no, I'm 100% serious). We get 1 week of vacation on the anniversary of the time we started and that's it. I actually woke up Saturday not sore at all (thinking I was going to be since I wasn't feeling anything on Friday). I even still went and played basketball with my friends earlier tonight (Sunday). The entire accident did get me thinking a lot though, mainly about my little sister (11yrs old) who could of had to grow up without her mom and older brother. Thankfully, my sister was not in the car at all but it was the one thing that I first thought of once I found out we were both okay. I actually started crying just thinking about it and even now...it still brings a tear to my eyes.

But we're okay and that's all that matters. I should be picking up my activity around here starting tomorrow hopefully. I've missed this place, hah.

• Like 1

Car wrecks suck. I've been in a couple of them (one on my own and one with a group of friends) and luckily in both situations I was able to walk away without a serious injury. It's stuff like this that really puts life into perspective though. Good to know that you're okay.

Edited by Confidence248

• Owner

Great to hear it didn't turn out to be as bad as it could've been. I can't stand some of the drivers in my area. I live right behind a high school, and they drive recklessly down my street in the morning and after school is out, and it pisses me off.

I was not driving, was in the passenger seat, hah hah. Though this is the second car accident I've been in were I've been in the passenger seat, the first one wasn't nearly as bad as this one.

And the investigation is still going on, I can't wait to see what bullshit the other two drivers came up with though because it literally makes no sense as to how we got in the accident unless one of them was doing something illegally. I'll keep you guys posted as things go down.

Though good news for my mom, she'll be getting a new car that will be automatic (about a year ago, she started complaining about her car and how she was sick of always shifting but was only less then 2 years away from having it paid off) and her payments will be much lower, about $150 bucks lower. But still, under these circumstances....yeah, you get the point.

Glad to hear you and your mom are ok man. I get that same feeling about my little brother too sometimes as well. It puts things in prospective for you when you think about it that way.