Yankees Tipping Hitters

EastCoastNiner

I'm pretty sure ESPN did an article on this before, and somehow it's legal, but I don't know why it is. Derek Jete uses Yankees employees in the stands to put fingers up to show how fast the previous pitch was because the guns in the stadium are juiced.

This is the same damn thing as stealing signs.........

http://boston.3432.voxcdn.com/files/2011/04/Yankees-cheat1-480x460.jpg

I honestly don't get what the problem is here, but maybe it's because I'm a Yankees fan. A guy tells him how fast the pitch was, totally huge advantage. It's almost like he was video taping signs and signals and plays and all of that... but he's too classy.

I honestly don't get what the problem is here, but maybe it's because I'm a Yankees fan. A guy tells him how fast the pitch was, totally huge advantage. It's almost like he was video taping signs and signals and plays and all of that... but he's too classy.

I don't care too much either, However, if people have problems with giving signs away, then I don't see how this isn't similar.

Also, filming teams was never illegal. It was the location, which was a new rule that season, in which BB admitted he violated, and paid the price.

I don't care too much either, However, if people have problems with giving signs away, then I don't see how this isn't similar.

Also, filming teams was never illegal. It was the location, which was a new rule that season, in which BB admitted he violated, and paid the price.

Tipping signs tells hitters where the pitch is going, and what pitch it is [if the runner on 2nd can pick up that much]. That'll help a ton being a hitter. Knowing the pitch was 94 mph instead of 96? That won't help anywhere near as much.

Tipping signs tells hitters where the pitch is going, and what pitch it is [if the runner on 2nd can pick up that much]. That'll help a ton being a hitter. Knowing the pitch was 94 mph instead of 96? That won't help anywhere near as much.

I don't deny stealing signs probably has more of an effect, but you are downplaying how much a few mph can change a hitters approach.

Lol, how is cheating to know how fast the ball is going? Does that make is easier to hit? Baseball is see the ball hit the ball. Jeter isn't going to be like "oh 94, now I gotta swing the bat...this fast" smh @ this I hope I don't have to put up with these dumb Yankee-hate threads all year...