Jordan Crawford - Another Beast

here's his line from when they played Miami a few nights ago:

39 points (50% shooting), 4 assists, 3 rebounds

and tonight against Cleveland:

21 points (44% shooting), 10 assists, 11 rebounds, 2 blocks

impressive indeed, young fella.

some background information:

he's 22 years old, he dunked on LeBron before being drafted, and he was involved in the Kirk Hinrich trade earlier this year.

remember, Washington only traded a future second round pick for Hinrich and the 17th pick in last year's draft. so basically, they got Crawford and a top 20 pick for Hinrich.

this kid's got skills. I've been watching some of his videos. I think him and Wall could make for a tremendous backcourt duo over the next several years. in a few years, Atlanta will deeply regret trading this kid and giving Joe Johnson that max contract.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sL3KDhhUZ0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XejLyk3kJZg

Why just pick out those two games?

March 28th against Utah: 25 points, 2 assists, 5 reounbs, 2 turnovers on 9-25 shooint

March 27th against Golden State: 11 points, 7 assists, 4 rebounds, 3 turnovers on 5-21 shooting

March 22nd against Portland: 12 points, 4 assists, 4 rebounds, 6 turnovers on 3-15 shooting

March 18th against Toronto: 25 points, 3 assists, 2 rebounds, 5 turnovers on 12-27 shooting

It isn't hard to put up points when you are taking 20 shots a game and have a USG% that rivals some of the superstars in the NBA.

He is averaging 15.9 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 3.3 apg, 2.6 topg on 39 FG% and 22 3PT% in 31 minutes a game for Washington. Hardly anything to rave about considering he is taking 18.5 shots a game and has a USG% of 28.

Washington is tanking and because of that they have given Crawford the green light to chuck away, and that is exactly what he has done. If you think what he has doen this season for the Wizards makes him a "beast", you have some low standards.

Don't get me wrong, he is a decent young player, but I don't see what is so special about what he has done in Washington outside of maybe 2 or 3 games. Put any half decent guard on Washington and they are going to put up the same numbers as Crawford is, considering they will be taking nearly 20 shots a game.

• Like 4

I'm going to be honest with you, when the Hawks made the Bibby/HInrich trade and sent Jordan Crawford to Washington, I really didn't know he would be that good. Yesterday night against the Cavaliers, he got a triple double! 21 points 10 rebounds 11 assists! The guy is a beast

Edited by *Swish*

The Wizards have an awesome core of Wall-Crawford-Blatche-McGee...so it'll be interesting to see what they do in this year's draft. Maybe add Barnes or Williams?

But yeah, Crawford is a beast. He can shoot mid-range, which is why it's so easy for him to run the floor. Very few players have that mid-range shot anymore.

I understand Atlanta needed a point guard, but why trade Crawford knowing that the other Crawford, Jamal, is likely to leave?

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

The Wizards have an awesome core of Wall-Crawford-Blatche-McGee...so it'll be interesting to see what they do in this year's draft. Maybe add Barnes or Williams?

You can add Nick Young and Trevor Booker to that core too. Add another stud from this year's draft and the talent level of the team is staggering.

The Wizards have an awesome core

Far from awesome, if anything we have a solid core with Wall, Crawford, Booker, possibly Young and McGee. I still do not support keeping Blatche past this year.

I understand Atlanta needed a point guard, but why trade Crawford knowing that the other Crawford, Jamal, is likely to leave?

Because Washington would not give up Kirk Hinrich without getting Jordan in return. Had he stayed another year at Xavier, he would be a lottery pick in this year's draft.

I've watched every game Nick Young has played in since entering the league, and I can honestly say he would never be able to perform at the level Jordan played at last night. He showed maturity and the willingness to be unselfish for the betterment of the team. He played a completely different role from the previous games as a starter, and that speaks volumes towards his potential.

Crawford shows some upside on the defensive end as well, and is overall the better guard. I fully support him being the starter along with Wall in 2012. But all of it depends on how much Nick asks for in the offseason, if we get him cheap, he's likely to remain the starter.

Either way the way we were constructed, we would have been one of those marginal teams like Atlanta, good enough to perennially lose in the 2nd round. The rebuild of this team has been amazing, I truly believe the gun-gate saved this franchise, as it forced us to demolish the tragically flawed roster. Big props to Ted Leonsis, he sent the message to Ernie to rebuild properly, and Ernie has reacted by stockpiling on young talent.

• Like 1