Championship: (3) UConn vs. (8) Butler

Cavamatic

Idk why you made a topic, Lol. RD always makes them?

I like Butler in this one. I think they'll be able to defend Walker good enough. I think Mack knocks down some big shots, as well as Van Zandt. Butler in a close one, 63-58.

Edited by JYD

Uconn = Skills

Butler is more about passion

Going to be a crazy game but Uconn will take it.

Butler is probably the more gritty team, which I think is what you're alluding to when you say "passion." However, both teams are going to be gritty and passionate in this - it's the Championship game. If you can't get up for this, what do you play for? :lol:

UCONN is obviously the more "talented" team. But, I think the fact that Butler has been there before definitely helps. Nerves have to be a big part of the Championship game, at least early on. UCONN has a few freshman (Napier, Lamb), so it should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Butler has the guards to prevent Kemba from having a dominant impact on the game, but I don't expect them to keep pace with the Huskies offense. Lamb has played terrific so far, and will be tough to stop. If Matt Howard keeps jacking up three's like he did against VCU, it's going to lead to more fastbreak opportunities for Kemba, which will eventually open up his game.

And I don't expect Mack from shooting as well as he did against VCU, I just don't see it happening.

And I don't expect Mack from shooting as well as he did against VCU, I just don't see it happening.

Why not? Mack's been terrific all tournament - the dude has proven he can flat out play. Mack is nasty, one of the best players in the country.

Why not? Mack's been terrific all tournament - the dude has proven he can flat out play. Mack is nasty, one of the best players in the country.

Because UConn plays excellent defense. Brandon Knight shot 6-23 from the field, including 3-11 from the field, Kentucky did everything to get him involved....took him off screens, we saw him pull up for some shots, but couldn't find any consistency. Not to mention, Kemba played some good defense on Saturday.

^True. But I like Mack in the big game over Knight. Mack's been there. Knight will be the better player at the next level, but Mack's the better collegiate player. So I think Mack matches up better against UCONN than Knight did.

I guarantee Mack goes better than 6-23. I expect a 7-15 type performance from Mack with a few three's. Gets a solid 22-24 points.

Yeah you can't argue against experience, and it's pretty evident that it plays a role in college basketball (to an extent).

We'll see what happens, should be a great game.

Word. Usually (and I genuinely believe this), experience is overrated. But the fact they were just in the national championship game last year, it's got to play a decent factor heading in...

• Owner

I really hope Kemba improves his draft stock tonight.

It won't take much. He has been a beast, and many thought UConn was going to fall after having to play and win those five consecutive games before they even thought about the real tourney.

Winning it all, even with his average performance, will get it done. If he goes nuts, more power to him...but bringing the title to Connecticut is what will do it more than anything else.