Rondo Requests Meeting With Rivers Following Loss To Bulls

Rajon Rondo requested a rare post-game meeting with Doc Rivers following a difficult 97-81 loss to the Bulls.

After compiling 46 assists in the past four games, Rondo collected just six on Thursday night on 3-for-10 shooting. His counterpart, Derrick Rose, scorched the Celtics for 30 points, 8 assists, 5 rebounds and 2 steals.

Rondo was visibly disappointed after the game.

"Think we need to play with a better sense of urgency," he said before his meeting with Rivers. “It better be a wakeup call, if not, we won’t make it far. We’re a completely different team (than last year). It’s not the same team. We’re not going to be able to turn it on like we did year. I don’t know what we’re waiting on but these types of games we have to find a way to win. It’s a roller-caster and right now we went back down today."

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2011/04/rondo_rivers_me.html

I really liked what he had to say at the end of the article! (if it wasn't a wake up call we won't make it far)

Well that's true. I think that if they don't play with better chemistry and better defense, they'll get eaten alive. Yeah they're veterans and everything but they can't sleep now! it's playoff time, everyone is hungry and a lot of teams have improved compared to last seasons. They have to hope not to face the Bulls in the ECF