Who will represent the East in the NBA finals?

*Swish*

Who will represent the East in the NBA finals? Explain your vote

For me, I'd take the Bulls to go to the Finals this year. They've been playing top notch defense and Rose has been the MVP thus far this season.

Why not another team?

Heat: they're good and I'm not saying they don't have a chance but they don't have enough playoffs experience together (I mean with Bosh, LBJ and Wade together) they need more chemistry before going to the finals.

Magic: seems to me like they're not going to make the finals this year. Even after the big trade, they still don't seem to be legit title contenders

Knicks: Not enough chemistry at all. Facing the Heat in the first round will be very tough for them

Edited by *Swish*

The Heat should not have any chemistry issues at this point in the season. What's going to hurt them is the lack of a true defensive big man. They could hit a wall against the Magic or the Bulls.

I'm going to stick with the Bulls because they are the most complete team. They are tops in almost every significant defensive statistical category and are one of the best rebounding teams in the league. Rose has molded himself into a legit first option, Boozer gives them a reliable post presence, and Deng can score from almost anywhere on the floor. On top of all that, I really like the Bulls bench, they have smart guys who play within their roles. A team who takes pride in playing defense will always get far.

Edited by Confidence248

I don't understand the chemistry argument. Boozer was added to the Bulls roster this summer, so he essentially screws up their chemistry. I would take experience over chemistry though. Rose has no idea what its like to get to the Finals, Wade and Lebron do. Wade knows what it feels like to lead a team to a championship, and now his job is made easier by having a good team. Not saying we are going to win it, but I think the chemistry argument is out the window at this point of the season. Its not like the teams in the playoffs become 10x better because they get a chemistry bonus. They do however get better by knowing what it feels like to make a run in the playoffs.

Celtics. Kevin Garnett is playing as good as he did in their championship run. I think they'll be able to flip the switch like they did last year. Sure, it'll be tough, but I don't see them having a 7 game series unless they run into Chicago. Skip Baylesshad said they have the "Hearts of Champions", and I believe it applies to them perfectly. Until the big three decide to split up, they will make sure that the goal is to win it all.

Reasons against other teams:

- I don't trust Dwight Howard

- I don't know what to expect of Chicago since this is a different team and the number one seed hasn't particularly been helpful the lest few years.

- I can't see Miami winning a physical series without Haslem, and well, he isn't available.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

If a team is having chemistry issues after playing 60+ games together (considering injuries) then they won't get anywhere. I can't really decide whether the Heat or the Bulls will make the Finals based on what I saw out of the teams today. I've been saying Chicago but I can't really see LeBron and Wade losing in a 7 game series, I'll have a final decision at the end of the season.

I just can't see anyone in the east beating the Celtics in a 7 game series. They have proven that they can make adjustments as the series progresses. Chicago is the only team I can see giving them a run for their money. Barring an injury, I'm taking the proven Celtics all day.

• Like 1

I just can't see anyone in the east beating the Celtics in a 7 game series. They have proven that they can make adjustments as the series progresses. Chicago is the only team I can see giving them a run for their money. Barring an injury, I'm taking the proven Celtics all day.

Celts are playing quite poorly now, hard to know what to expect out of them. Just 14-11 since the Perkins trade, which really has to scare you as a Celtics supporter/fan. I think the Heat are going to make the Finals. I just think in a 7 game series Bosh Wade and LeBron are too much.

I think it'll be Miami or Boston if they beat us in the second round. I just think having Wade and LeBron in playoff mode will be tough to beat in a 7 game series. LeBron seems more focused this year than I've ever seen him and we all know what Wade can do in a playoff setting.

Based on regular season performance, the Heat should barely beat the Bulls in a 6 or 7 game series and represent the East in the finals.

That's just based on the numbers, though.

And what numbers are these based off? Chicago's better record overall, or Chicago's 3-0 record vs Miami?

The Heat have are like 4 games behind the Bulls in the standings, are 0-3 vs the Bulls, have a worse record against elite teams than the Bulls, and have bigger holes on their roster. There is no argument to who was the better team during the regular season. In the post-season, things may be different, with Bibby fully acclimated, possibly having Haslem for the later rounds and Wade/LeBron going into playoff-mode, but statistically speaking the Bulls should beat the Heat based on the regular season.

I think it will all depend on matchups. If the Heat face the Bulls in the ECF, I think the Heat will take it, but if the Celtics beat the Heat in the semi's, I think the Bulls will take the East.

Even after the Perkins trade i thought it would still be them but the team imploded.

They were like a .500 ballclub the 2nd half of last season and nearly won the championship...as long as the Celtics are healthy, I think they have a great shot at winning another ring.

They were like a .500 ballclub the 2nd half of last season and nearly won the championship...as long as the Celtics are healthy, I think they have a great shot at winning another ring.

I agree they have a chance. Its easier to judge by what you see rather than potential. When I see them play, they not only look older but lost. Lakers and Celtics both kind of cruised through the regular season last year to save up for the playoffs. Lakers didnt end this season very but at least showed something when they went on that run after the all-star break. Since the Perkins trade you really cant say the same about the Celtics.

Edited by DaFranchise03