Kobe Under Review for "Homophobic" rant.

Honestly, I don't really care one way or the other because I think most sensible people know he intent was not to offend homesexuals, but I just think there would be a big ass thread if it were LeBron that said it, and the fact that many Kobe fans here are adamantly defending him.

regardless, he's an idiot for his choice of words. I'm going to use this offensive word, but I don't mean to offend anyone!

Edited by Lkr

As harsh as the penalty is, what Kobe said is incredibly dumb and offensive. I don't care how often it gets said away from the camera or how often some of you say it. Not saying I'd have given a $100K fine if it was up to me, but maybe this will get people to think before making homophobic remarks in the future.

Its not incredibly dumb or offensive. And the comment isn't homophobic.

Its a comment made out of anger. I am sure he didn't say it because gays were probably the last thing in his mind.

And plus even if Kobe did say it as a slur to gay people who gives a shit, he even has the right to because first amendment ^_^

Its not incredibly dumb or offensive. And the comment isn't homophobic.

Its a comment made out of anger. I am sure he didn't say it because gays were probably the last thing in his mind.

And plus even if Kobe did say it as a slur to gay people who gives a shit, he even has the right to because first amendment ^_^

It doesn't matter what his intent was.

It doesn't matter what he said anyway because he has the right to say what he wants, this isn't Saudi Arabia or North Korea.

Maybe you should get a grasp on what the first amendment really means before you make yourself look like more of an idiot

You mean, most of you defending his actions?

If this was LeBron, you would be outraged, and this thread would be 5+ pages by now.

Haha if LeBron was fined 100K these people would want him fined heavier and get a suspension! lol @ everyone on Kobe's jock now smh, just because he's Kobe doesn't give him to right to say that shit. Where is CF to tell us that kids look up to Kobe? :lol:

Edited by Pinkie Pie

Are you freaking kidding me? Players cuss all the time on the court, how is it Kobe's fault that the cameras were closing in on him after he was obviously fuming?

• Owner

Why is it that every time someone defends Kobe, on anything (and by the way, nobody is defending him for what he said, just that the fine is too hefty), immature jackasses come in and start their little insecure rant about how shit would be different if it were LeBron?

Slaven thinks it's not that offensive, that he had the right to say it. Slaven must be a Kobe-jocker.

Eventually, I'll start to consider it baiting, and I'll hand suspensions out for it.

Stop acting like a bunch of fleas and hop off.

EDIT: Guess it's time to re-create the "no Lakers forum" permission masks for the children that can't seem to get enough of Kobe and this team.

Haha if LeBron was fined 100K these people would want him fined heavier and get a suspension! lol @ everyone on Kobe's jock now smh, just because he's Kobe doesn't give him to right to say that shit. Where is CF to tell us that kids look up to Kobe? :lol:

And at the same time if it was someone like Bill Walker that was caught this wouldn't even be news. The league shouldn't hold a double standard for stars vs scrubs.

Why is it that every time someone defends Kobe, on anything (and by the way, nobody is defending him for what he said, just that the fine is too hefty), immature jackasses come in and start their little insecure rant about how shit would be different if it were LeBron?

Slaven thinks it's not that offensive, that he had the right to say it. Slaven must be a Kobe-jocker.

Eventually, I'll start to consider it baiting, and I'll hand suspensions out for it.

Stop acting like a bunch of fleas and hop off.

EDIT: Guess it's time to re-create the "no Lakers forum" permission masks for the children that can't seem to get enough of Kobe and this team.

What do you mean nobodies are defending him? Everyone is defending him -_- smh, there are only a couple people who have even mentioned the fine.

Why do 'immature jackasses' (real mature attack members) start that rant? BECAUSE IT'S TRUE!!

How is that baiting at all? Yet people attack LeBron just about every other thread and it's not considered baiting at all :lol:

I guess people just can't attack Kobe in this forum EVEN WHEN KOBE IS IN THE WRONG -_-

Edited by Pinkie Pie
  • Like 1

And at the same time if it was someone like Bill Walker that was caught this wouldn't even be news. The league shouldn't hold a double standard for stars vs scrubs.

If it was Bill Walker, he would have been tossed for the game for punching a chair throwing a towel and acting like a child when he got T'd up. So yes the double standard goes both ways.

• Like 2

I don't think its offensive at all what Kobe said. Maybe that's because I could care less about political correctness. Lets be real though, if this were LBJ, we'd be at page 7 already. There's a double standard IMO but that's just how things work I guess.

Edited by Flash
  • Like 1