OTR Houston Rockets Roundtable: post you questions

Dash

Here's a couple:

1. What player is most valuable to you guys in FA this year? Why?

2. Even though the Rockets didn't make the playoffs, do you guys think this team is headed in the right direction?

3. If you were the GM, what changes would you make to the coaching staff / roster in the offseason? (Trades, resignings, firings, etc.)

1. Marc Gasol. He has more potential that anyone else available and is a player that can come in and give us a solid 35-40 minutes a game and make a serious impact.

2. I believe so. The trades that we made at the deadline really had me a bit confused toward the direction that we were headed, but by the way we closed the season out I have no doubt that we are headed in the right direction.

3. Roster imo needs an upgrade at the center position and the SF position. Coaching staff i would have kept the same but obviously that wasn't the case this year. I would try to package a Scola, TWill and our pick for a serious upgrade at either center or SF, which ever position we cant upgrade via free agency.

Does Jordan Hill still worry more about his dreads than getting better as a basketball player? Will he develop into a starter?

1. I don't know if he will ever develop into a starter that can be a solid option, but i do believe he can develop in the first big off the bench role that can make an impact. I was hoping he would show us more this season and come into that role but I must say I was a bit disappointed. I expect his offensive game to improve this off season, so we can use him more offensively with the second unit when needed.

1) What's your take on the Rockets' wing situation coming up. There are a lot of talented players. How do you want to see wing minutes divvied up?

2) With Shane Battier gone, and Yao perpetually hurt, who would you say is the team's leader?

3) Kyle Lowry has emerged as, possibly, the best defensive point guard in the NBA. Do you keep him as a starter?

4) Kevin Martin is hyper-efficient, soft, and defenseless. Where does he stand in your opinion?

5) As a Rockies fan myself, would you say that for the Rockets, Rocktober is the best month of the year?

1. I would like to see Lowery and Kevin get about 30-35 minutes a game, as long as backups like Dragic and Lee play well off the bench. Lee was used alot this season but that had alot to do with Bud playing very inconsistent. Lowery and Marin were at times used way to much due to poor bench play. The way I hope it works out is, us getting a starting SF via FA or trade so we can move Bud to the bench. I would love to see Bud, Lee, and Dragic come off the bench for us and get solid minutes. I think that would be a solid difference making crew coming off the bench.

2. I would have to say either Lowery or Martin. I believe neither of them are ready or even suited for that role but by default they were given it. Marin more so.

3. Hell yeah. He really came out last year and showed he is very much capable of leading a team. He is a bit offensive minded rather than play making but i believe with time and more talent surrounding him that will change. He also has to get a bit smarter with shot selection. In Lowery we believe.

4. Imo If we are able to get a defensive SF, along side of him then we would be perfectly fine. With Lowery, defensive SF (IGGY!!!!!) and Lee off the bench for him it really makes his defensive play not that big of a liability. Not to mention the fact that if we manage to get a legit center, it would make it that much easier.

5. Not last year, we went 0-3.

Would you trade K-Mart if right deal came along?

Does Patterson Make Scola Trade Bait?

Will the Rockets sign Deandre Jordan?

What FA do you want in H-Town next season?

Should Rockets make any trades this off season? If so who do you want to see them go after and who do you want to see go.

Who are the Rockets core guys that are untouchable this off season? If you think they have any.

What should we do with Yao?

Is Lowry the answer at the Point?

Who do you want to be the Rockets head coach in 2012?

With the 14th pick in he 2011 draft the Rockets select ?

With the 23rd pick in the 2011 draft the Rockets select?

How many Free Agents to Rockets sign?

Is Chase Budinger or Terrence Williams the answer at SF?

Which Rocket Players would you like to see out of Houston next season and why?

1. I would trade anyone if the right deal came along.

2. Yes, Patterson showed that he is a very strong player and is capable of not only hitting the 15 foot jumper but can play solid defensively as well. imo we should trade Scola for and upgrade at SF or C if we are not able to fill both needs via FA.

3. I wish he would be an awesome fit for us, we can use some shot blocking/dunking.

4. Marc Gasol or Chandler.

5. I would love to see Brad Miller gone, and us trade for Iggy. I <3 Iggy!

6. Outside of Lowery not really, I would hate to see Martin go but if it comes down it so be it.

7. Resign him on a cheap ass contract.

8. Yes, PG is on position imo we don't need fixing.

9. idk, I wanted to keep Rick. :(

10. Haven't had the time to analyze the draft class yet.

11. Haven't had the time to analyze the draft class yet.

12. As many as we can as long as they are impact players.

13. Neither. We need to sign or trade for a SF.

14. Brad Miller because he complete [expletive]ing trash.

The Lottery should have a few curve balls this year as the draft class is weak but deep and no players out of the top 5 really separated themselves thus far at the NBA combine or indo workouts.

(Be realisitic ex: we won't get Derrick Williams, Enes Kanter, or Brandon Knight unless we trade up)

Should Rockets try to trade up? If so for who and to where?Unless they think they can get Kanter then no.

What are some possible selections the Rockets could make with their two first round picks (14th 23rd)?

Examples:

14th 7" C Dontatas Mtiejunas(Immediate help)

23rd 6"8 SF/SG Tyler Honeycutt (Potential)

14th 6'2 PG/SG Jimmer Fredette (Best Available)

23rd 7" C Lucas Nogueira (Need and Potential)

Witch two players would help the most or make the most sense and why?

Dontatas Mitiejunas would make the most sense to me if he fall that low (I am hoping) He is a 7 Center witch feels a team need who is stronger then most young Euro players and he has a sweet stroke and offensive game to go along with shot blocking skills on D. I like Tyler Honeycutt's versatility and athleticism. He will be available at 23 and has stupid upside, is an unselfish player that some scouts say his best attribute is his court vision and passing at 6"8 hone those skills and combine them with a solid outside shooting touch could be deadly he also feels a need SF. He need to bulk up to contribute. I have been eying these two guys for the Rockets since the season ended, but I am now leaning toward 7 Center Lucus Nogueira if we don't get Dontatas Mitejunas. He is young, tall, long, athletic with great upside and a already solid skill set and competitive attitude.

Should they draft for immediate help, best available, or Potential?At 14 Immediate help and at 23rd potential

Witch two players would you like to see the Rockets Pick?At 14 C Dontatas Mitejunas or Fredette at 23 Honeycutt or Nogueira second round Scotty Hopson

What second round prospects should Rockets look into picking or do you think would make impact?Borderline 1st rounder PF Justin Harper Second Rounders

SF Davis Bertans SF/SG Scotty Hopson SG/SF Travis Leslie SF/SG Deandre Liggins

What is your final Prediction?

First Round

14th Dontatas Mtiejunas 7 C Tobias Harris 6"8 SF/PF ( if Dontatas not available)

23rd Tyler Honeycutt 6"8 SF/SG

Second Round

8th Davis Bertans 6"10 SF

How does your dream draft go?

First Round

14th Jimmer Fredette 6"2 PG/SG

23rd Lucus Nogueira 7 C or Marshon Brooks (Nogueira potential, I just think Brooks is an NBA ready scorer)

Second Round 8th

Scotty Hopson 6"7 SF/SG

What are Rockets top 3 needs?

What needs should they try to fill in the draft?

Will Rockets make any pre draft trades?

How many knew starters will Rockets have next season?(The Blitz on ESPN Radio Said 3 New starters)

Players I have seen Rockets taking in Mock Drafts

Tobias Harris

Jimmer Fredette

Donatas Motiejunas

Tristan Thompson

Markief Morris

Keneth Farried

Kawhia Lenard

Lucas Nogieara

Tyler Honeycutt

Shelvin Mack

Jordan Williams

Donatas Motiejunas

Lucas Nogieara

Josh Selby

Players I have seen Rockets taking in Mock Drafts

Tobias Harris

Jimmer Fredette

Donatas Motiejunas

Tristan Thompson

Markief Morris

Keneth Farried

Kawhia Lenard

Lucas Nogieara

Tyler Honeycutt

Shelvin Mack

Jordan Williams

Donatas Motiejunas

Lucas Nogieara

Josh Selby

What do you think about these picks?

The Lottery should have a few curve balls this year as the draft class is weak but deep and no players out of the top 5 really separated themselves thus far at the NBA combine or indo workouts.

(Be realisitic ex: we won't get Derrick Williams, Enes Kanter, or Brandon Knight unless we trade up)

Should Rockets try to trade up? If so for who and to where?Unless they think they can get Kanter then no.

What are some possible selections the Rockets could make with their two first round picks (14th 23rd)?

Examples:

14th 7" C Dontatas Mtiejunas(Immediate help)

23rd 6"8 SF/SG Tyler Honeycutt (Potential)

14th 6'2 PG/SG Jimmer Fredette (Best Available)

23rd 7" C Lucas Nogueira (Need and Potential)

Witch two players would help the most or make the most sense and why?

Dontatas Mitiejunas would make the most sense to me if he fall that low (I am hoping) He is a 7 Center witch feels a team need who is stronger then most young Euro players and he has a sweet stroke and offensive game to go along with shot blocking skills on D. I like Tyler Honeycutt's versatility and athleticism. He will be available at 23 and has stupid upside, is an unselfish player that some scouts say his best attribute is his court vision and passing at 6"8 hone those skills and combine them with a solid outside shooting touch could be deadly he also feels a need SF. He need to bulk up to contribute. I have been eying these two guys for the Rockets since the season ended, but I am now leaning toward 7 Center Lucus Nogueira if we don't get Dontatas Mitejunas. He is young, tall, long, athletic with great upside and a already solid skill set and competitive attitude.

Should they draft for immediate help, best available, or Potential?At 14 Immediate help and at 23rd potential

Witch two players would you like to see the Rockets Pick?At 14 C Dontatas Mitejunas or Fredette at 23 Honeycutt or Nogueira second round Scotty Hopson

What second round prospects should Rockets look into picking or do you think would make impact?Borderline 1st rounder PF Justin Harper Second Rounders

SF Davis Bertans SF/SG Scotty Hopson SG/SF Travis Leslie SF/SG Deandre Liggins

What is your final Prediction?

First Round

14th Dontatas Mtiejunas 7 C Tobias Harris 6"8 SF/PF ( if Dontatas not available)

23rd Tyler Honeycutt 6"8 SF/SG

Second Round

8th Davis Bertans 6"10 SF

How does your dream draft go?

First Round

14th Jimmer Fredette 6"2 PG/SG

23rd Lucus Nogueira 7 C or Marshon Brooks (Nogueira potential, I just think Brooks is an NBA ready scorer)

Second Round 8th

Scotty Hopson 6"7 SF/SG

What are Rockets top 3 needs?

What needs should they try to fill in the draft?

Will Rockets make any pre draft trades?

How many knew starters will Rockets have next season?(The Blitz on ESPN Radio Said 3 New starters)

C/SF/Shooter

SF C or C SF

No

I agree with the Blitz 3 new starters Hayes won't start next year upgrade at SF and Scola may be traded so Patterson PF

• 3 weeks later...