FT Disparity

BadgerFan

You still can't dispute the fact that LBJ and DWhistle get phantom calls when there were times that Philly/Indy weren't getting shit. Sure, not attacking the basket has something to do with it, but bad officiating happens a LOT in the NBA

• Like 2

You still can't dispute the fact that LBJ and DWhistle get phantom calls when there were times that Philly/Indy weren't getting shit. Sure, not attacking the basket has something to do with it, but bad officiating happens a LOT in the NBA

Bad officiating happens in every sport. You tell me where LBJ and Wade got calls they shouldn't have today. Wade got fouled before he kicked the leg out as Nitro pointed out and I saw LBJ travel once badly there in the second quarter I think it was.

What plays did Philly really get screwed on?

Also, lol @ DWhistle. Is that really what you're resorting to right now?

Edited by Flash
  • Like 1

That was a BS call on Thaddeus at the end, that was good D followed by an offensive foul, if you cannot defend someone like that, I don't get how you are supposed to play defense...

He bumped Wade before the shot.

That was a BS call on Thaddeus at the end, that was good D followed by an offensive foul, if you cannot defend someone like that, I don't get how you are supposed to play defense...

As I posted before, it was a foul before he even jumped up for the shot. Young impeded Wade's progress, Wade took the hit and faded back. I agree it's an iffy call, but a ton of players make a living off the same call...Maggette, Kevin Martin, etc...

• Like 2

As I posted before, it was a foul before he even jumped up for the shot. Young impeded Wade's progress, Wade took the hit and faded back. I agree it's an iffy call, but a ton of players make a living off the same call...Maggette, Kevin Martin, etc...

This, Kevin Martin did that a few times against us in the game against Houston a while back.

Offensive foul. You can't kick someone in order to get seperation, which is what he did. It's no diferent than someone pushing off.

You're exaggerating the "kick". It didn't give Wade any separation at all. The bump by Young is what got the separation. The "kick" actually got Young on his side or his arm it looked like so it in no way helped out Wade at all if you really look at the replay. The ball was leaving Wade's hands as that happened.

Edited by Flash
  • Like 1

You're exaggerating the "kick". It didn't give Wade any separation at all. The bump by Young is what got the separation. The "kick" actually got Young on his side or his arm it looked like so it in no way helped out Wade at all if you really look at the replay. The ball was leaving Wade's hands as that happened.

Wade running right into Young is a bump by Young. Thanks for the clarification

God I [expletive]ing hope you are kidding. That was clearly a charge.

But as are as the topic is concerned the FT disparity is a combo of teams attacking the rim more than others and the refs being biased towards stars. It's nothing new or shocking.

God I [expletive]ing hope you are kidding. That was clearly a charge.

But as are as the topic is concerned the FT disparity is a combo of teams attacking the rim more than others and the refs being biased towards stars. It's nothing new or shocking.

That was anything but a charge. Pushing off? You could make the case. But a charge? Not on this planet.

That was anything but a charge. Pushing off? You could make the case. But a charge? Not on this planet.

Really? Lowing your shoulder into the defender isn't a charge? And than doing the leg version of a stiff arm in midair isn't a charge? Damn, learn something new everyday.

Really? Lowing your shoulder into the defender isn't a charge? And than doing the leg version of a stiff arm in midair isn't a charge? Damn, learn something new everyday.

Lol maybe had there been that much contact that it would've forced Young to go back and maybe fall then I can buy it being a charge. But you're reaching with this example.

There was no way that was a charge...that play is a pet move by a number of players, star or not. It was a bump on Young because he impeded Wade's progress (he didn't take the right angle on Wade's drive and wasn't quick enough to avoid that contact), and Wade sold it by taking the bump and fading away. Now, you can argue the foul was called due to Wade sticking out his leg, but it's not a play to cause much fuss over because the initial bump is a play the refs will call about 90% of the time.

• Like 1

There was no way that was a charge...that play is a pet move by a number of players, star or not. It was a bump on Young because he impeded Wade's progress (he didn't take the right angle on Wade's drive and wasn't quick enough to avoid that contact), and Wade sold it by taking the bump and fading away. Now, you can argue the foul was called due to Wade sticking out his leg, but it's not a play to cause much fuss over because the initial bump is a play the refs will call about 90% of the time.

Sure, but it doesn't make it the right call though.

You can even see Young fall back after Wade shouldered him. If you are trying to tell me that Young initiated that contact than I don't know what to tell you. I guess we are just seeing two completely different things.

Edited by Guru

I just want to know what a player is supposed to do in that situation, Young had the inside track to the rim, all he did was stay on Wades hip until Wade ran straight into him. Oh well, I guess that just how the NBA is. There is also no doubt that what created the space was wade putting his knee on top of Thaddeus's arm and kicking off :lol:

nvm on second look the space is created by the nudge and kept by the kick, I still think it should be a no call and then you can call an offensive foul on the kick but ill rest my case

Edited by Pinkie Pie

Sure, but it doesn't make it the right call though.

That's subjective, but when it's called all over the league amongst stars and non-stars, then it's fair game and the norm. To use it to show how biased the refs are against the Pacers/Sixers is stupid.

I just want to know what a player is supposed to do in that situation, Young had the inside track to the rim, all he did was stay on Wades hip until Wade ran straight into him.

That's the issue, riding a player is an easy way to pick up a foul call, especially against a guy like Wade who will take the contact and sell the foul by fading away. You have to not let him get that step in the first place, and if you do you have to contest him at the rim and hope your big man is there for protection.

• Like 1

It was good, solid defense by Young. Wade just ran into him, like he usually does and drew the contact.

Was beautiful defense though.

BTW, that call probably sealed the deal for the Heat win, I think it was a 2 or 3 point game, and that shot made it a 4 or 5 point game with 1:30 left.